PDA

View Full Version : Is it growing? Yes, I think it is!

manderly
March 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
I've hit the point in my growing where you can't really "see" any gain in length, and I find myself wondering if it's growing or not. Especially when I see Squiggy's extraordinary growth rate (we joined around the same time) I feel left in the dust.

So today I took a photo as a baseline control for my MIT hair goo experiment (ordered it last night) and I thought it did look longer :D

So here is a mini update thread of my growth since joining LHC.

This was not my first hair photo, but my first hairtyping photo:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/0819.07summersunshinevo5naturalairdrynooil.jpg

Then we have this one, I have no idea when it was taken, couldn't find the date:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/Length18.jpg

Here is July 08:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG1901.jpg

And again in August 08 for my 1 year anniversary. This is actually a wet set, not normal curls for me:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/2591f00f.jpg

And here I am today:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2106-1.jpg

P.S. The curling on the ends is all from my twisting method in my Soft Waves tutorial in my siggy if anyone is interested.

GlennaGirl
March 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Oh, gosh, Manderly, I love those curls. I will check out your tutorial. Nice growth!!

OhioLisa
March 3rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
I am also checking out that tutorial! Your hair is looking so soft and silky. Love it!!

Addy
March 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Very nice manderly! Your hair has grown!

HeatherMae
March 3rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
Your hair has grown A LOT! I see it very clearly. :)

Don't feel bad about Squiggy's AMAZING growth rate. I think she makes many of us feel left in the dust. :) *jealous too, but maybe that besides the point- hehe!*

I think that you have made great progress! Congratulations!!!!

Speckla
March 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
yes, that's a lot of growth. so pretty.
________
Origin (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Origin)

invisiblebabe
March 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
I notice some growth! :)

~GypsyCurls~
March 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Ooh I love your curls! Nice growth and pretty hair :)

girlcat36
March 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
It's getting so long, and looking great!

Juneii
March 3rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
I want your curls! your hair is so pretty

Firefly
March 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
You are definitely gaining noticeable length, Manderly-- I'd been on a little hiatus from the board and the other day I saw your new avatar and immediately thought, "Wow, her hair's gotten long!" It looks beautiful, too. :)

rags
March 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Oh, it's certainly growing, and it's gorgeous too!

Rohele
March 3rd, 2009, 09:03 PM
You're definitely gaining length, and I love the little curls on the last pic.

Your soft waves tutorial was a godsend for me - it was one of the articles that helped me figure out how to gain control over my wavy hair without using a blowdryer on it. Many thank-yous. :)

Katze
March 4th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Absolutely definitely! :D

Your hair is so pretty and I love what you do with the soft waves. Mine won't stay in those perfect ringlets, but your technique does help me get more spirals.

Lovely!

hanne jensen
March 4th, 2009, 03:00 AM
From the first foto to the now foto, your hair looks about 20 centimeters longer. Pretty good growth rate for 18 months. You've probably trimmed, haven't you? Your hem looks thick and healthy.

Forest
March 4th, 2009, 03:09 AM
From the first foto to the now foto, your hair looks about 20 centimeters longer. Pretty good growth rate for 18 months. You've probably trimmed, haven't you? Your hem looks thick and healthy.

I agree completley with Hanne. Looks like really nice growth! How often do you trim?

I have natural curls but I have to check out your tutorial any way to see what it is you do. Looks very pretty with those curled ends. :)

paper
March 4th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Wow, Manderly, Your hair really has grown, alot. Love the color and the curls, just beautiful!

Dolly
March 4th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I definitely see the growth! Congratulations!!

lora410
March 4th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Oh yeah you definitely have grown :cheese:

Rhea
March 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Yes ! Itīs clearly longer and not little ! Congratulation !

Johanna64
March 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Congratulations!!
Your hair has grown a lot and I love the curls :)

mellie
March 4th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Wow, yes, definitely some beautiful, thick growth there!! Yay!!

Ryanne
March 4th, 2009, 08:37 AM
That colour is beautiful! Great growth.

JamieLeigh
March 4th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Wow, your hair is certainly growing quickly! And I adore those curls!!! Very gorgeous photos, thanks so much for sharing! :D

And congrats on gaining length! ;)

Blueneko
March 4th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Oh my gosh, your progress is awesome and your hair is so pretty!!!!

DavidN
March 4th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Oh my goodness, Manderly! Your hair looks so thick, shiny, and healthy in these photos, look at those curls, and the colour is beautiful! Thank you for sharing, and yes, it is definitely growing!:cheer:

spidermom
March 4th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Of course it's growing! Had you any doubt?

rhubarbarin
March 4th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Of course it's growing, silly! It looks great!

In the most recent pic I can really see what it's going to look like *long*.. I love the waves and curls.

LutraLutra
March 4th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Your hair's grown loads, and it's so pretty. I love it. :cheer:

manderly
March 4th, 2009, 03:01 PM
LOL, thank you everyone. Spidermom, I was concerned from July to now. I just hit that length where you cant really "see" any landmarks being passed to know it's growing :D

And hanne jansen, yes I've trimmed probably 3-4 times since coming here, using Feye's method. I probably took off between 1/4 to 1/2 inch each time :D

Thank you for all the sweet compliments everyone :flowers:

maskedrose
March 4th, 2009, 04:22 PM
It looks great Manderly! It looks super healthy and you've got some lovely curls going in the last pic - I have to trot off and check out your tutorial now :D

Oh, and just so you don't feel alone, I joined about the same time as you too, and I'm going through the same frustration with my length. I definitely have to go look at old pictures every once and a while to assure myself that I was indeed above APL in 2007, and now I am indeed a few inches bast BSL in 2009. I certainly can't check my progress with Squiggy's - I'd have given up long ago ;)

WritingPrincess
March 4th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Your hair has definitely grown, and the curls look wonderful. I'll have to try that method.

Oskimosa
March 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Yes, and it looks lovely! Those soft curls really look great.