PDA

View Full Version : Cone and CO question.

baobhan sith
March 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
i don't like using shampoo's, and have been perfectly happy with CO, but the problem is that my hairs looking quite dull and unclean because of this, and it's also quite tangly. This has been recently, and i've been off cones for quite a long time, BUT I DIDN'T CLARIFY THE CONES OFF WHEN I CHANGED MY ROUTINE.

So my question is: Can i do a coney conditioner about once every 4 months? Will this make my dry/split ends dry out more (I think they might be better since going cone free, but i've been doing other stuff as well) And if i do this, before i do the next coney conditioner would i need to clarify. My only sulphate shampoo has cones in it as well, so i'd need to get a new one. I'm just wondering if this would cause build up or any other problems. TIA.

I have a really nice coconut and yoghurt moisturising and protein conditioner that i didn't realise had cones in... Which thinking about it i might have actually used by mistake while on CO...

baobhan sith
March 4th, 2009, 01:14 PM
wow. no-one? okay.

Anje
March 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hmmm... that's weird. I posted to your thread yesterday, I thought.

AJoifulNoise
March 4th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... that's weird. I posted to your thread yesterday, I thought.

I thought I saw answeres here yesterday. How strange. I didn't respond because I was confused by the question.

I don't see why you can't do a coney-CO every so often as long as you keep an eye out for build-up.

Anje
March 4th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Synopsis of what I said before, or at least tried to say:

If your hair's looking dull and is tangling, it could be buildup. Non-cone conditioners build up too, though generally not as quickly. If you haven't, try clarifying.

There's no real reason why you absolutely must not use a cone conditioner for CO. There are folks on the forum who use cone conditioners for every single CO wash they do. Some even use really silicone-y conditioners like Pantene. Do what works, and when your hair starts misbehaving (not before), clarify, then go back to CO.

If you don't feel like rushing out to get a sulfate shampoo without cones, you could try the one you have. Or, if you want to make sure it's clarified, you can also use baking soda (sodium bicarbonate or bicarb of soda, or whatever they call it in the UK). Bicarb is rather rough on hair, but it's usually in the kitchen.

~GypsyCurls~
March 4th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Using a coney conditioner every once in a while won't hurt, IMO. You just need to clarify is all. I use only coney conditioners and do CO, using shampoo about once a week to get rid of any buildup.