PDA

View Full Version : Tail bone length

Monkey962
March 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
Just where is it exactly? Thanks to many compliments and suggestions, I've been more or less convinced to grow my hair that long (at least :)), but where is it exactly? Is it right where the tail bone itself ends, or is it a bit above that?

Nightshade
March 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
In my mind there's two places people refer to tailbone.

"LHC tailbone" seems more often than not to refer to the tops ot the pockets in the back, or the top of the vertical smile.

"Real Tailbone" is somewhere lower than that, at the end of the tailbone, as you see here (http://www.stjohn.org/StaywellTesting/img.aspx?6097).

So about halfway between hip and Classic is Real Tailbone.

Gothic Lolita
March 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
I consider tailbone also a bit above the actual ending of the bone itself. There's this little "triangle". When my hair's there, I consider myself at tailbone

Coriander
March 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
You could also call it "BCL" ;) B*ttcrack length :rollin:

Sorry, that just always tickles me. :D

(Never mind- that didn't sound good either!)

SweetPea88
March 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
I agree with Coriander :laugh:!

Anje
March 3rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
I tend to think of there being "high tailbone" and "low tailbone." High tailbone is roughly where the tailbone starts, basically the top of the crack. Low tailbone is more where it ends, and I'd say that, if you're sitting upright on a hard, unshaped surface like a countertop, it's the point at which your ends hit the surface. (Sitting upright tends to be a 3-point stance with the two little triangles on the bottom of your pelvis, and the end of your tailbone, so at that point, your hair is about to the bottom of your tailbone.)

ETA: My sig picture is my hair at "high tailbone." I've got BCL in my description because it amuses me.

angelthadiva
March 3rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
I also like BCL, or vertical smile...Both of those crack me up!

DragonLady
March 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hmmm...I consider mine "tailbone", as the very longest strands are hitting in that triangle area. That, I think, is approximately where a tail would grow if we humans had tails. ;)

spidermom
March 3rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Mine is at tailbone length, moving down. It's longer at the end of a sentence than it was at the beginning.

DragonLady
March 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
It's longer at the end of a sentence than it was at the beginning.

Wow. I wish I could say that. I haven't had more than a fraction of an inch in growth all month. :(

spidermom
March 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Wow. I wish I could say that. I haven't had more than a fraction of an inch in growth all month. :(

shhhhhhh...here's the secret - it's positive programming

plainjanegirl
March 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
I think I am past waist but not tail bone length, so would that be considered hip?

twilight
March 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
i really like "BCL" as an in-between hip and tailbone marker. it's descriptive, and funny for those of us with crass senses of humor :laugh:

i would imagine tailbone to mean the tip of the bone (like where people break it when they 'broke their tailbone' slipping on ice, for example).

i mean, we don't say "spine" as a length b/c that's just silly... so why use an arbitrary non-ending-point on a bone that clearly has an ending?

just my opinion :p

spidermom
March 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
I think that tailbone length, like BSL (which to me is Blade of Shoulders Length because guys don't wear bras, and the strap is the thing that goes over the shoulder, not the thing that goes around the body - which would be BBL or Bra Band Length), is a pretty wide area.
BSL starts after you pass Arm Pit Length and continues for a few inches, to the bottom of the shoulderblade. My opinion is that TBL starts at the top of the cleft between the buttocks and ends about halfway+ down. A few months after that - classic length or TTL (Top of Thigh Length), or maybe BBL, bottom of bottom length.

Whewee; that was fun!

Monkey962
March 3rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
i really like "BCL" as an in-between hip and tailbone marker. it's descriptive, and funny for those of us with crass senses of humor :laugh:

i would imagine tailbone to mean the tip of the bone (like where people break it when they 'broke their tailbone' slipping on ice, for example).

i mean, we don't say "spine" as a length b/c that's just silly... so why use an arbitrary non-ending-point on a bone that clearly has an ending?

I think I prefer this method more. Previously I was measuring a little bit up from the end of the actual tail bone. That makes it about 44" instead of 40". And 11" to go.

dor3girl
March 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
I don't think mine will get there--but I keep trying!

Nightshade
March 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say, only better :flowers:

Coriander
March 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM

Of course, those out there who have had the stupendous owie-ness of falling on their tailbones more than once (like myself) probably have a shorter tailbone length thanks to their spines being shoved out of their nostrils after such a fall. ;)

:laugh: at "spine length" hair. That's awesome.

I wonder if once I start losing weight - and my butt shrinks, maybe I'll hit classic faster? :hmm: Extra added incentive to go to the gym! :D

Dor3girl, you'll get there :)

oldgregg
March 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
It's knee length now

KarenLynn
March 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
In my mind there's two places people refer to tailbone.

"LHC tailbone" seems more often than not to refer to the tops ot the pockets in the back, or the top of the vertical smile.

"Real Tailbone" is somewhere lower than that, at the end of the tailbone, as you see here (http://www.stjohn.org/StaywellTesting/img.aspx?6097).
Yep, exactly. :thumbsup:

GlennaGirl
March 3rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Both of those crack me up!

No pun intended, angelthadiva? :D :cheese: