PDA

View Full Version : Sore scalp?

Shanarana
March 3rd, 2009, 08:09 AM
It has been two weeks since I washed my hair. I just wanted to give it a break and let the natural oil to condition my hair. After this long my scalp is starting to feel sore for some reason, almost feels like rubbing the hair the wrong way if you know what I mean.

Is it just me, or is this normal. I'm just to lazy to wash right now, and don't have anywhere to go so just letting my hair do it's thing. I wear it up when it's dirty like this (don;t like the word dirty, but you know what I mean). It's not gross or anything and when it's up you can't even tell.

tinabcurly
March 3rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
The same thing happens to me... I can't tell you if it's normal though. Around day 6 if I don't WO between COs, sections of my scalp feel like the hair's being pulled too tight in the wrong direction- kinda burns/hurts. After I CO, it goes away after a day.

jivete
March 3rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
I get this when I have gunk built up on my scalp. Shampoo will take care of it for me or a brown sugar scrub if you don't want to use the 'poo.

Heidi_234
March 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
Oh my I was just about to start a thread on this exact topic!
Sore scalp/roots is perfectly normal when you don't wash the scalp for longer periods of time. I think it goes away after a while (I had been NW for like 10 weeks few years ago, I can't remember it being sore all the time).
If it's sebum buildup, I would assume scalp massage with light oiling would dissolve the sebum and stop it (I have jojoba oil in mind, as it is said to be most similar to body-produced oils). But it's just an assumption. I would be interested in finding a way to get rid of the sore roots/scalp without showering, because I think that would be a problem I encounter when I'll try to stretch for more than a week between my washes.

DolphinPrincess
March 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
I have this problem too, but it usually hits at around day 3 for me. :( It's really annoying, and even when I would try to stretch out washings, it wouldn't stop. I can sometimes make it to day 4 without it bothering me too bad, but then I HAVE to wash. I've tried scalp massages a little bit, but not a whole lot. I haven't used oil though because I don't want to make my hair greasy any faster. I'd be interested to try WO in between washings though... Definitely something to consider! :p