PDA

View Full Version : painful scalp

Sydney
March 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
My scalp is feeling really painful lately, it feels like its bruised, especially on top. The only way to describe it is when you've had your hair up tight all day and you take it down and it hurts. But mine feels like it all the time and I don't even wear my hair up tight! I always alternate my hair styles and wear it down 50% of the time. Could the pain just be due to the weight of my hair? or am I doing something wrong?

Omens
March 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
You say you alternate your hairstyles---do you ever change your part? Sometimes if you part it to the side, then the next day have it down the middle or something, it can make your scalp really sore.

If that isn't an issue, then maybe try just wearing your hair down exclusively for a couple of weeks, just to see if it has any impact on the soreness?

jera
March 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
You say you alternate your hairstyles---do you ever change your part? Sometimes if you part it to the side, then the next day have it down the middle or something, it can make your scalp really sore.

I agree. it could be changing the part??:confused: If it feels like a bruise though that's pretty sore. Could you have been bitten by an insect or anything like that? It happened to me once and caused terrible soreness such as you describe. Hope it goes away soon. Hugs. :)

julya
March 2nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Sometimes I'll get a zit on my scalp that feels like that.

s_tresses
March 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
My scalp has been feeling like that lately. I usually part on the side and I havent changed it in a while, so I am guessing that is not the reason. My hair pulls really easily, I have to keep it very loose.