PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me please?

shortgoinglong
March 1st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hi!
I would very much appriciate any help given here. I grew up with incredibly long hair which everyone always commented on. It was super thick and required a lot of attention. When I turned 18, I dyed my hair a light bleach blonde color using a Herbal Essences color kit. It fried my dark blonde hair so badly I got depressed and chopped it all of into a layered pixie cut. I wore the pixie cut for about 5 years and now my hair is back to its normal color and healthy condition. I am thinking of letting my pixie cut grow out but am wondering what my hair will look like. I have really short layers at my crown (about 2 inches long) and layers all the way down with my final layer touching the bottom of my neck. My hair grows super fast. I guess my question is has anyone else here grown out a pixie cut and does it look ok? How long would it be for my hair to reach shoulder length?

hanne jensen
March 1st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Yes, it's possible to grow out a pixie. You say your hair grows super fast. How fast is that? It's hard to say how long it will take to reach shoulder length. Do you have a long neck? A long back?
A lot of ladies here have reached shoulder length in about a year from pixie lengt

Igor has a really good article with pictures on growing hair out from bald. It's in the article section. I would recommend that you read it.

Happy Growing!

Addy
March 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
I've done it before. :D

Pixna started this thread. Have you seen it yet?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405

spidermom
March 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
Did you do this in the past year? I see that you joined in January 2008.

cowgirllong
March 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
It depends on so many factors. You can grow hair out from any kind of cut. If you don't like the look of it, let it grow until you can trim it to a shape that you like.

jera
March 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
I'm a little confused by the question. Are you unsure how the layers and color will look as they grow out. :confused:

ratgirldjh
March 1st, 2009, 06:19 PM
i've grown my hair out from pixies and 1 inch buzz cuts. my hair usually ends up being longer in front for some reason - and even though my hair was shorter over my ears - that part seems to catch up. just try it - and if you need to you can trim your hair if some parts are too long and look weird.

it took me about 2 years to reach my shoulders after having my hair at 1".