PDA

View Full Version : Finally switching to BAQ henna, which kind?

HairColoredHair
March 1st, 2009, 08:54 AM
So I'm finally out of my light mountain henna and want to make a switch to one of Catherine's BAQ kinds. My hair's currently a red-auburn that I like well enough. If my hair were to go more red I'd prefer it to be a cool red, as my skin tone is relatively cool.

Any recommendations?

Unofficial_Rose
March 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM
I can't say which henna to definitely get a cool red, but I would say Jamila is rather copper/orange (which is why I like it) - so you may want to avoid Jamila.

I think it was Yemen that caused me to go burgundy too easily - this sounds closer to the effect you're after. Gorgeous colour, just not on me!

Nightshade
March 2nd, 2009, 01:02 AM
I got a very cool red with Rajastani :)

burns_erin
March 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
My personal preference is the henna for African hair. That is mostly what my ends are. The Yemen was to orange for me and the punjabi prime and the Jamilla were too flourescent. YMMV

Shermie Girl
March 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
When I was a henna head, I got a deep, cool red with Rajastani. Wonderful stuff. I highly recommend it. :D

HairColoredHair
March 2nd, 2009, 04:15 PM
That's two votes for Rajastani, think I might go that way first off, then. :D

Thanks guys! :D

Henna Sooq
March 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Rajasthani indian henna is the way to go. It also has a really nice sift, usually and is second compared to Jamila. If you can find it for hair quality it shouldn't be that expensive.

HairColoredHair
March 2nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you all! I've ordered enough Rajasthani to let me play with mixes for the new henna and do whole head if needed to blend.