PDA

View Full Version : Herbal Essences for Long Hair

AutumnLeaves
March 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
I hope I'm not missing a thread that was already started here (I only looked through the first two pages of threads), but thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Basically, I like. A lovely raspberry smell that isn't overpowering and the result in my hair is much as when I use the Suave Sleek product. I'm still scalp scratching (itchy head), but not as much and no product gunk left on the scalp.

Actually I would use them both and probably will, but it seems that the Suave Sleek may not help with the itchy factor. Of course, the itchiness may just be due to cold, dry weather, and hot, dry heat from our furnace. So...the upshot? I like them both and they are a nice lower cost shampoo and conditioner. :)

AJoifulNoise
March 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
There is another thread (and some reviews), but it's been a while since these were mentioned. I'm glad they worked for you. They left me a fuzzball and I wasn't much for the smell. But, I think I'm in the minority that way. :agree:

Neoma
March 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
There is another thread (and some reviews), but it's been a while since these were mentioned. I'm glad they worked for you. They left me a fuzzball and I wasn't much for the smell. But, I think I'm in the minority that way. :agree:I can't tolerate the fragrance of any of the HE products. They literally make me gag.

Forever_Sophie
March 1st, 2009, 10:57 AM
I love the new HE line!! This and Hello Hydration are a couple favorites, and Break's Over.

lapushka
March 1st, 2009, 10:59 AM
I love the new HE line!! This and Hello Hydration are a couple favorites, and Break's Over.

Do they still contain both sles and sls?

plainjanegirl
March 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM
I have not tried the ones for long hair. I always stop and smell them.
I have used the leave in conditioner of the same kind and I am still not sure how crazy my hair is about it.

Forever_Sophie
March 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Do they still contain both sles and sls?

What's SLES? 99% sure they have SLS ;)

~GypsyCurls~
March 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
I used the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in when they first came out and they were okay. The conditioner was moisturizing but not the best or anything, and the leave-in doesn't work for me unfortunately. I have a really hard time finding a leave-in that works, but it just seemed to make my hair kinda dull. Maybe I used too much and didn't clarify enough...I know it has one of the -xane 'cones in it.

I just got a bottle of the Long hair, and No Frizz conditioners today to re-try them out. I normally use the new reconditioning shampoo and conditioner from the new line...the purple ones.

I found this chart on their website recently. I'm surprised they did not make the Totally Twisted and Hello Hydration more moisturizing, but maybe this will help people decide which kinds to use:

http://herbalessences.com/us/images/faq/img_chart.png

Fairlight63
March 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM
I tried the Long Term Relationship yesterday. I think that it was pretty good. My hair ends were pretty dry from the coloring that is still left in my hair plus the winter heating season. I put it on after washing my hair & left it on for 30 to deep condition it. It made the ends really soft & took out the dryness.

AJoifulNoise
March 1st, 2009, 01:10 PM

Oh, I'm a big fan of the line. Or, certain products on the line. I like Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner, None of Your Frizzness condtioner, and Break's Over conditioner. It was just the Long Term Relationship that didn't suit my hair. Which tickles me (having long hair), but the Pantene and Garnier long hair conditioners didn't work for me either.

Forever_Sophie
March 1st, 2009, 02:53 PM

Oops, no SLS, but 2 ALS (lauryl & laureth). Didn't see anything like SLES.

Oh, I'm a big fan of the line. Or, certain products on the line. I like Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner, None of Your Frizzness condtioner, and Break's Over conditioner. It was just the Long Term Relationship that didn't suit my hair. Which tickles me (having long hair), but the Pantene and Garnier long hair conditioners didn't work for me either.

I like Garnier but Pantene doesn't agree w/ my hair at all, I lose tons of it with that for some reason...

DMARTINEZ
March 1st, 2009, 04:33 PM
I bought the Hello Hydration conditioner. Its not all that hydrating. Not enough cones,or
maybe not the right cone. I like heavy ones! ;)

Deb

Coriander
March 1st, 2009, 04:39 PM
I loveeeeeeeee the "Long Term Relationship" S&C. Makes my hair like satin. :heart:

Dolly
March 2nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
I don't use the shampoo (I use CV bars), but I do LOVE the "long term relationship" conditioner......

lapushka
March 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM

SLS = sodium laureth sulfate
SLES = sodium lauryl sulfate

Same goes for AL(E)S.

At least that's what I always thought the short versions were: SL(E)S & AL(E)S.

Charlotte:)
July 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship is the only shampoo I've tried that won't leave a residue in my hair. It makes my hair super soft and shiny as well. The ingredients aren't exactly healthy, but I only shaower once a week, so no damage is done :)

Copasetic
July 13th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I hope I'm not missing a thread that was already started here (I only looked through the first two pages of threads), but thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Basically, I like. A lovely raspberry smell that isn't overpowering and the result in my hair is much as when I use the Suave Sleek product. I'm still scalp scratching (itchy head), but not as much and no product gunk left on the scalp.

Actually I would use them both and probably will, but it seems that the Suave Sleek may not help with the itchy factor. Of course, the itchiness may just be due to cold, dry weather, and hot, dry heat from our furnace. So...the upshot? I like them both and they are a nice lower cost shampoo and conditioner. :)

I love the scent of the long hair line. And I like the red bottles. I buy this line every once in a while, but I mostly stick with Hello Hydration, which has an even better scent IMO. Luckily, all the HE products that I have tried work quite well for me. :)

I used the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in when they first came out and they were okay. The conditioner was moisturizing but not the best or anything, and the leave-in doesn't work for me unfortunately. I have a really hard time finding a leave-in that works, but it just seemed to make my hair kinda dull. Maybe I used too much and didn't clarify enough...I know it has one of the -xane 'cones in it.

I just got a bottle of the Long hair, and No Frizz conditioners today to re-try them out. I normally use the new reconditioning shampoo and conditioner from the new line...the purple ones.

I found this chart on their website recently. I'm surprised they did not make the Totally Twisted and Hello Hydration more moisturizing, but maybe this will help people decide which kinds to use:

http://herbalessences.com/us/images/faq/img_chart.png

Thanks for posting the chart! It makes me want to try ones on the more moisturizing side; I haven't tried either of them. If I had to guess, I would have put Hello Hydration on the moisturizing side. Very interesting.

VintageBrooklyn
July 14th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I have to thank ~GypsyCurls~ for posting that chart! I am currently using the big size bottles of Hello Hydration thinking it was the most conditioning, oops! I have been finding it doesn't detangle and soften my lengths that well, now I might know why! I think when I get through the big sized (why did I buy them so big?) bottles I will try Long Term Relationship or Break's Over. :)

Oh, I just remembered to say that I am using the Long Term Relationship leave in treatment for ends, in the red pump bottle, and I like it so far!

woodlandnymph
July 31st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Long Term Relationship s/c is in my main rotation of shampoos and conditioners. [Herbal Essences LTR, Hello Hydration, Tousle Me Softly, Goth Rosary, and George Michael] It has cones, but it never seems to leave any product build up on my length.

Also I frequently use a tiny bit of the LTR leave in treatment on the last few inches of my hair with great results too. Soft, shiny, and smelling divine [at least to my nose]. :p

CourtneyBee
July 31st, 2010, 08:25 PM
I used Long Term Relationship conditioner for the first time tonight and might have shouted a few expletives during my shower! My hair has NEVER felt this good. I clarified first so hopefully this honeymoon stage will last and I have found my holy grail!

The fragrance is meh, lets hope it fades!

Blueneko
October 30th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I just tried Long Term Relationship on a whim (I gave Pantene a go again and instantly regretted it) and it tamed my course, wavy, frizzy, baby hair growth, head of hair! It used the shampoo and conditioner and let it air dry and shockingly it was no the usual Day 1 poof. Day two it is nice and smooth. Two thumbs up from me!

TrudieCat
October 30th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I tried this conditioner today and I absolutely couldn't stand the smell! Usually I like the HE fragrances, but this one made me choke a little. It smelled like baby powder and really strong musk together - not a good combination! It's interesting how things sometimes smell differently to different people. I could barely smell the raspberry at all underneath the powdery muskiness. Does anyone else get this kind of smell from the HE LTR conditioner?

Silver Strands
October 30th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I love the shampoo & conditioner. Haven't tried the leave in yet.
I don't notice the fragrance after my hair is dry.

But I do notice the lovely silky, softness.

ETA: I bought the leave in. It's wonderful!
It leaves my hair soft and silky. No coney, plasic feeling.
This line is a keeper.

Friesiangirl
October 30th, 2010, 09:29 PM
It worked for the longest time, and then... it stopped worked well. I have no idea why. I'm now mostly WO with a CO wash with Hello Hydration.

Hayley

<3OnHerSleeve
November 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
I LOVE Herbal Essences. Especially Hello Hydration and Body Envy. Although now I really really want to try their new (well new to australia, I'm not sure about elsewhere) Tousle Me Softly. Has anyone else tried it yet?

chelles2kids
November 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I thought I'd "bump" this thread & add my two cents.

As someone on the first page (?) mentioned about it leaving my hair 'frizzy'...I believe now that it was from the build up from the product.
After clarifying, my hair looked a bit more 'normal'...as a coarsey with thick hair, I was honestly a bit surprised that this coated my hair the way it did.

I've always erred on the side of heavier conditioners but I think with the heaviness of both the shampoot *&* conditioner, it was just too, too much for me.

The only shampoo that I've had extended luck with in the HE line is the Hyrdralicious "Featherweight" formula.
Believe it or not, it's marketed for "thin hair", which mine is not??!! Go figure...
I also like the scent of this one much better, not quite as flowery and it doesn't seem to linger for days on end like the "Longterm Relationship" one.

Barniie
December 18th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Has anyone had positive experiences to none of your frizzness line?
Im planning on going herbal-crazy and using the dangerously straight leave in creme aswell :)

(and is it true that americans dont say the 'h' in herbal?? weird..)

DARKMARTIAN
December 18th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I tried this conditioner today and I absolutely couldn't stand the smell! Usually I like the HE fragrances, but this one made me choke a little. It smelled like baby powder and really strong musk together - not a good combination! It's interesting how things sometimes smell differently to different people. I could barely smell the raspberry at all underneath the powdery muskiness. Does anyone else get this kind of smell from the HE LTR conditioner?

Things really MUST smell differently to some people...because I use HE LTR and have been for awhile now and ill probably sound crazy........er......for saying this, but for some reason I always thought it had sort of a bubblegum'ish sort of smell, which comes across as rather pleasing to me....

virgo75
December 18th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Has anyone had positive experiences to none of your frizzness line?
Im planning on going herbal-crazy and using the dangerously straight leave in creme aswell :)

(and is it true that americans dont say the 'h' in herbal?? weird..)

My hair is much curlier than yours(it's also extremely fine) so please keep that in mind.

I've used the conditioner and leave-in of the None of Your Frizziness and it was just "ok" for me. The conditioner definitely tamed frizz but made my hair a bit flat - which is a serious feat considering how naturally poofy my hair is. The leave-in makes my hair very soft and only takes away the frizz initially. Making my hair too soft usually means that my fine hair loses its curl definition which = more frizz. I like the Long Term Relationship leave-in much better for conditioning and taming frizz. :)

And yes, we leave out the "H". Even in the commercials on tv it's pronounced "Erbal Essences." :p

Hope that helps. :flower:

As for the scent of the Long Term Relationship line - I find the conditioner and leave-in seem to have different scents. :confused:

The conditioner does remind me of a sort of powdery scent mixed with fruit. The leave-in smells yummy, fruity, and bubblegum-ish kind of like the old version of the conditioner for damaged hair in the pink bottle. Now that I think of it, the LTR leave-in smells similar to the Color Me Happy line. Not sure why they did that?

bluesnowflake
December 18th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I liked the conditioner, not so much the shampoo and leave-in. The smell is nice.

Henrietta
October 24th, 2011, 02:46 PM
HE Hello Hydration mask is my forever number one. It's the only mask that makes such a huge difference, that actually works. After many months of strugling with "repair" lines of all possible brands I eventually tried "moisturising". And it's better than revelation. It's a paradise.

But... There is a funny thing about HE in Poland in general. We have more or less half of all the lines, but pink is called (Polish words for you for fun:) ) Szczęśliwe Zakończenia, which literally means "Happy Endings" and I thought it's our version of Long Term Relationship but it's not. English version of the name on a jar says "Happy Endings". And I can't see it on their website. Looks like it's something specially for us :D And we have no version of Long Term Relationship. Red is for coloured hair I think. It's a pity, because I would try LTR if I could.

ETA: I've just noticed that Hello Hydration mask is not present on their website either. Fascinating. I wonder if the site is not up to date or they change something when producting versions for Poland :D