PDA

View Full Version : 2 Year Anniversary (Buzzcut to BS)

KajiKodomo
March 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Today marks 2 years since I buzzcut my hair off! I'm now down to the bottom of my bra strap!

I'm actually excited and in an even better mood, because I thought it had been 3 years, and then looked at my siggy for the date, and was happy to discover that it's only been 2 years! :D My hair hasn't been growing as slow as I thought it has! Haha!

I haven't done any major length cuts since then. The only thing I did was added an undercut (which I'm now growing out), which took a chunk out of the length since my hair was naturally layered. It makes me sad to realize that my hair could be a few inches longer!!! :(

I also added a few face-framing layers (almost like long angled bangs, maybe?, since they don't go all the way around my head). I like those, and may keep them at a longer length than I originally cut them.

I'm so happy! I have pictures of the growth in my albums!

kimki
March 31st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Congratulations, thats great growth! :)

DavidN
March 31st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Congratulations on such wonderful growth, KajiKodomo, and you have come so far in only two years, and your hair is so shiny and healthy!:cheer:

KajiKodomo
March 31st, 2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks David and kimki! :D

mugglemomof3
March 31st, 2008, 01:04 PM
OMG woman! I'm so darn jealous!!!!!!!!!!!! It took me almost two years to go from shoulders to BSL! I'll forgive you though, especially since your hair is so darn pretty! Congratulations on the phenomenal growth. Wheeee :cheese:

KajiKodomo
March 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM
Thank you mugglemomof3! I was so worried that my growth had dropped drastically when I thought it had been 3 years! I'm lucky that my hair grows as fast as it does, but no matter how fast it grows, it never seems fast enough!

cuddledumplin
March 31st, 2008, 01:23 PM
Happy anniversary! I too once buzzcut my hair (about ten years ago). Your hair grows really fast.

KajiKodomo
March 31st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Thank you cuddledumplin! I admit, I enjoyed many aspects of having a buzzcut, but I'm VERY glad that it's long gone!

egg99
March 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Congrats with all your progress, two years is very dedicated and your hair is looking absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

Delilah
March 31st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Great progress, keep it up!

KajiKodomo
March 31st, 2008, 02:10 PM
Thank you egg99 and Delilah! :-D

jessie58
April 1st, 2008, 01:19 AM
Hello friend, I used to enjoy your monthly updates from your buzzcut until you went away for a while. Now it's just so refreshing to see your hair all long again. It's looking so gorgeous.

FaeryTails
April 1st, 2008, 02:14 AM
Congratulations, your hair looks amazing!

DecafJane
April 1st, 2008, 03:10 AM
Hooray! Congratulations! Your hair looks so lovely long - stay away from those scissors!! :D

Kyamo
April 1st, 2008, 05:11 AM
Wow that's really cool. Yours grew faster than mine did, as I hit BSL recently, 2 years 7 months after I shaved my head, and that was with no trims.

jel
April 1st, 2008, 05:17 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! :cheer: Great progress!

KajiKodomo
April 1st, 2008, 06:14 AM
Thanks jessie58, FaeryTails, DecafJane, Kyamo, and jel!

Kyamo, it's definitely interesting to me to know that there are quite a few of us who have grown out from a buzzcut!

Curlsgirl
April 1st, 2008, 07:44 AM
Congratulations! Good growing!

Really beautiful hair!!! :cheese:

KajiKodomo
April 1st, 2008, 12:06 PM
Thank you Curlsgirl!

*BelievingAgain
April 1st, 2008, 04:02 PM
WOW!! That's fantastic progress KajiKodomo, you should be very proud...it's certainly encouraging for me and my shaggy pixie!! :cheese:
Jess :flower:

KajiKodomo
April 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks, *BelievingAgain!

I just keep looking at that picture and thinking that my hair couldn't possibly be that long. It feels so much shorter!

CiaBabi
April 2nd, 2008, 05:56 AM
Excellent growth, congratulations!

KajiKodomo
April 2nd, 2008, 06:43 AM
Thank you CiaBabi!