PDA

View Full Version : I love my hair today because...

Heavenly Locks
March 1st, 2009, 12:20 AM
I thought it would be fun to do the opposite of moan about our hair. ;) :) Hair Affirmations!

Tell me one thing you love about your hair today!

Today, I love my hair because I tried my first CO wash and even though it didn't turn out perfect, my hair smells like coconut! (and I really like coconut)

:cheese:

EvaSimone
March 1st, 2009, 12:27 AM
My hair has perfect spiral waves from my bun and the ends feel soft.

RancheroTheBee
March 1st, 2009, 12:31 AM
I'm happy because it's looking longer lately. :)

jera
March 1st, 2009, 12:46 AM
I just washed it. It's air drying right now and forming those luscious waves I love.:)

chelssix
March 1st, 2009, 01:03 AM
I love my hair because I can really tell it's growing. Also, it's quite soft, and I washed it, so the ends no longer smell like soup. (I spilled a little. :doh:)

Coriander
March 1st, 2009, 01:09 AM
I love my hair today because I had it down for a few minutes before putting it back up, and a neighbor came by and said "Boy your hair is really getting long!" :D

Also, I took some fake classic photos (tilted my head wayyy back) and I had a renewed sense of "Yay!"

Jessaka
March 1st, 2009, 01:12 AM
Today I loved the fact that I bought a few hairsticks from Icings and my hair looked pretty good with the sticks in :)

-Lisa-
March 1st, 2009, 01:12 AM
I love my hair because it's funny to care them :D

Misso
March 1st, 2009, 01:30 AM
I have been enjoying my hair more lately because it is loving the L'Oreal Elvive Shampoos and conditioners and behaving extremely well, it is looking softer,with nice waves and more volume (God I sound like a commercial:rolleyes:).

And to top everything up, it has been growing nicely lately, I am past tailbone and heading to classic with confidence.:D

rapunzhell13
March 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
I love my hair today because it's longer than it was yesterday. :p

CrystalStar
March 1st, 2009, 03:03 AM
I love my hair today cause it's so much nicer since I joined LHC :D

rosie91
March 1st, 2009, 03:39 AM
i love my hair because i got my fringe cut and it looks really nice ^_^

scalawaggirl
March 1st, 2009, 06:52 AM
I love my hair today because I finally figured out how to get great first and next-day hair. :) Yesterday, I successfully put in a bun that I couldn't work before! Also, it's grown an inch a month, confirmed so I am up to 28.25 from my last 27" measurement. :) Yay!

enfys
March 1st, 2009, 07:21 AM
I can finally get all my fringe back into a high ponytail, so now I have sweaty post-gig hair (the Killers last night - awesome!) I can get it all in a bun and ingore it until this evening!

kdaniels8811
March 1st, 2009, 09:20 AM
I put my hair into a bun using a single hairstick and it stayed all evening! Yay! That is a first, I usually have to hold with a ponytail holder first...

Shanarana
March 1st, 2009, 09:23 AM
I love my hair today because I have it coated in oil and have it up for the day to just forget about it for a while. Not planning on a wash for a couple of days anyways.

Alu
March 1st, 2009, 09:37 AM
I love mine today because it's wrapped up in henna (first time!) and it feels really good on my scalp. Hope it turns out okay. :o

AmyJorgensen
March 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
I love my hair today because since I've joined the LHC, I finally know other ways to wear it besides down!

DragonLady
March 1st, 2009, 01:04 PM
I'm loving my hair today because it looks great. I did my full washing routine yesterday and even the ends feel like feathers.

Monkey962
March 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
I love my hair today because it's longer than it was yesterday. :p

The great thing is, this is true for all of us.

I love my hair because I oiled it before work, put it in a braid, and the braid was really thick and shiny. Now that I'm home, it has lovely waves. At any given moment I love my hair because it's a fantastic color, has a good amount of thickness, and it's soooo long. It's also all mine!:D

joyfulmom4
March 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
It's dirty and I didn't have a chance to wash it, so I just oiled the heck out of it, braided it into two very smooth, shiny braids and made a very pretty braided Chinese bun.

I love that my hair can look beautiful in an updo even when it doesn't look so hot dangly down. It's a weird paradox that my updos look prettiest when my hair is dirtiest. :p

Hay22
March 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM
I love my hair today because it has already forgiven me for falling asleep with it loose (oops) and letting it become a tangled mass last night. It let me CWC and finger comb all of the tangles out easily. An added bonus: it now smells like green tea & lime.

ratgirldjh
March 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
i love my hair because it is currently up on my head in a baggie covered in indian herb slime and it is going to be so beautiful when i finally let it down and wash all the herbs off :)

Coriander
March 1st, 2009, 06:33 PM
i love my hair because it is currently up on my head in a baggie covered in indian herb slime and it is going to be so beautiful when i finally let it down and wash all the herbs off :)

:laugh: slime, huh? :D

I love my hair because today's measurement read 36" :D

WritingPrincess
March 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
I love my hair today because today I noticed that my bangs have an inch left to go until they're jaw length! (I'm growing them into face-framing layers.)

AJoifulNoise
March 1st, 2009, 06:49 PM
... because I tried a new conditioner today and it is soooo soft!

Debra83
March 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM
I love my hair today because it feels really soft, and the natural curls turned out great, and it's nice and shiny, and it feels longer to me today!

tiny_teesha
March 1st, 2009, 10:49 PM
I love that bought a coney (unusual for me) conditioner to try because it is vegan and brilliant and cheap as it has a hole, tried it, and had the softest hair i've had in months!
:) SOFT SOFT HAIR!

LadyLongLocks
March 3rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
....because I just got the Amish pins I ordered 2 months ago, tried making a bun using them and it is working pretty well. Plus I washed my hair yesterday and now it is all calmed down and smooth :)

RedStripe
March 3rd, 2009, 10:21 AM
I love mine today because I am wearing a brand new really cool hairstick shaped like a ginko leaf with a long stem.

happymommy
March 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
I love my hair today because I've finally finally finally learned how to put in in a french twist!

Fencai
March 3rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
i love my hair today because I got to use a new larger size rolled sock for my bun :)

may1em
March 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
It's clean!!!!

Jessaka
March 3rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
I love my hair today because it has its natural waves and doesn't look too bad :)

Coriander
March 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
I love my hair today because it's going to have a deep conditioning treatment this evening and it's waiting patiently in its sock bun.

mrsamandajordan
March 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
I love my hair today cause it's there! I thought after what I did to it that it was going to break off majorly and be super short and horrible! (Back story, I had dreadlocks)

Aisha25
March 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
I always love my hairs! Yay! and I definitly love the blackness I have cause it matches my kajal lined eyes:joy:

sneakybea
March 4th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I love my hair today because I was feeling depressed and so I took it down and it fell all soft around me and had these lovely bun-waves and was nice and full. (And it obscured my peripheral vision and got a bit wind-blown and tangly from being down, but before that it was nice).
And I also love that my bangs were acting up today and looking all uneven, but when I had worn my hat for awhile they calmed down and looked both even and well-behaved.

Samitra
March 4th, 2009, 03:56 AM
I love my hair today because I did an SMT yesterday so it was sooo soft this morning, and because it's getting long enough for me to start using a hairstick I bought a couple of months ago.
Oh, and because I'm doing a henna gloss atm, so it'll look even more fantastic in 20 minutes :)

Curlsgirl
March 4th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I love my hair today. I washed it yesterday afternoon and it dried really pretty with lots of spirals. I also have the "side-swept bangs" thing going on, finally learned how to do it and they're long enough to stay after I fix it mostly. I also really like the color.

Juanita
March 4th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I love my hair today because it has stayed in the infinity bun that I put in in this morning 16 hours ago and it's still there. Amasing I usually have to keep fixing hairsticks with this style.

Fencai
March 4th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I Love my hair today because when I looked in the mirror it was covering the tattoo on my back, and you cannot see it! :)

joyfulmom4
March 4th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I love my hair today b/c it smells great! I used Violet Dairy Whip and the scent is lovely. My hair is still damp, so it really smells good. :)

JamieLeigh
March 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I love my hair today because a lady in the grocery store admired my long braid. :)

twilight
March 4th, 2009, 09:08 AM
i love the fact that i've gone without a wash since sunday afternoon and my hair isn't even greasy! that is a first for me...

not sure what's going on but i like it!

tinabcurly
March 4th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I love my hair today because it's down & curly and not frizzing.at.all. 48 hours of heavy oiling with EVOO paid off :D

Johanna
March 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I love my hair today because I've had it in a crazy knot bun thing and I have these cute little waves that look all haphazard but natural.

lailmil
March 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I love My hair today because it's soooo shiny and soft

jel
March 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM
...I washed it last night and applied a little intensive conditioner as a leave-in. My hair was so soft this morning that I wore it down to work!

LinearChaos
March 4th, 2009, 03:56 PM
My infinity bun stayed all day!

LittleOrca
March 4th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I love my hair today because last night I did a 30 min CO soak and when I woke up today it was light and soft as silk.

HairyCarrie
March 4th, 2009, 05:06 PM
...I did a cassia treatment and it feels so soft and touch-me-now-able. :gabigrin:

Juneii
March 4th, 2009, 05:11 PM
my hair felt really silky today and allowed me to keep it in a twist with a beak clip :D

lynnala
March 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Because it actually is seeming like long hair.

rose_in_bloom
March 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Because it is soft and doesn't have tangles.

Omens
March 5th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I love my hair today because I went the longest I've ever gone without washing (7 days; miracle by my personal standards). It was gross and greasy for days, but came out shiny and soft when I finally washed it. :cheese:

LittleOrca
March 5th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I love my hair today because it loves me back and proves this to me by behaving :)

Heavenly Locks
March 5th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I love my hair today, because it is up...and out of the way. I am having fun ignoring it! :)

Go turd bun power!! LOL

Noctifer
March 5th, 2009, 02:19 AM
It finally lloks more brown then red and it stays up in a fliped braid whit only three bobby pins that secures it

Forest
March 5th, 2009, 02:34 AM
It has really nice curls and volume since I had time to add gel and blow dry it this morning. (low heat of course :))

Arctic
March 5th, 2009, 03:36 AM
My hair is very pretty today, shiny, moves well, doesn't tangle, and I haven't even combed yet! Yay for new routine! :joy:

steff8ryan
March 5th, 2009, 04:56 AM
i henndigoed it for the first time ever yesterday and it is so super shiney.

Rohele
March 5th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Because it is finally getting long enough to pull back without having annoying pieces on the sides that have to be pinned back with bobby pins.

Shanarana
March 5th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Because my new flexi's came in and I am wearing one today. :)

Whimsical wind
March 6th, 2009, 04:49 AM
I love my hair tonight because it's freshly washed and smells pretty. Like clary sage and lemon. :D

templeofvenus
March 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I love my hair today because it is longer than yesterday:)

Coriander
March 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I love my hair today because it's absolutely held still by my new Ficcare - I could stand out in hurricane-force winds and it probably wouldn't go anywhere :D

InTheCity
March 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
... it's the longest it's ever been. :joy:
It was close my senior year of college but the last 5 inches or so were complete junk. That trim-gone-wrong that resulted in a chin length cut was a good thing afterall.

And its also untouched. Dye free for 4+ years when formerly, I always had dye growing out.

feralnature
March 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I love the waves in my hair today. It's trying to make big soft spirals. My hair is doing this because I haven't washed it (or gotten it wet) in 2 days and today is warm and humid, it's 85 degrees outside and 60% humidity. My hair likes it and it looks good.

BlndeInDisguise
March 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Because it's soft and shiny and tangle free, and it's a good hair day. What's there NOT to love about that??? :D

kali_shey
March 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM
...it hasn't all fallen out yet, like it's supposed to on my epilepsy medication (Lamictal) ...a lot of people lost 50% of their hair on it or something. The things that make you go eek.

No, seriously, I love my hair today because I figured out how to do a 'pinless braided bun' (from here http://www.io.com/~cortese/hair/styling.html ) and it looked good! I did have to use a pin, since my hair tends to disobey and stick out, but I was pretty chuffed. One pin I can handle ...any more and it isn't going to work.

Oh, and I'm also thrilled that the best hairsticks I've found came from Icing and were +/-$2 :cheese:

nessthing
March 7th, 2009, 01:19 AM
My scalp isn't scaly.

ravenreed
March 7th, 2009, 02:44 AM
It's slippy and soft without cones. Finally! =)

BellaB
March 7th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I love my hair today because lately it's been feeling extra soft, and it feels a bit longer :) Oh and I'm finally accepting my bangs!

Arctic
March 8th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I had a trim yesterday and love how my hair looks and feels! The hem is neat and pretty and ends so soft and nice!

lilalong
March 8th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I love my hair today, because it's shiny and healthy.

sandigirl
March 8th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Because even though I haven't washed it for over a week it still looks shiny and full.

Carolyn
March 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM
It's clean. It's freshly washed and still wet. I love wet hair. And it smells great.

maunaloa
March 8th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I washed it last night, deep conditioned it and then used camellia oil for the first time! It feels better today. :)

soimaqt2
March 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I love my hair today, because I tried a new style today and it actually held!!!

rose_in_bloom
March 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I have second-day hair today, so although the roots are greasy, the length is super soft. And I really like having soft hair. :)

Jules diamond
March 10th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Because it bounced back from a brutal bleach/dye summer.

intothemist1999
March 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
It feels so light and soft!

punkgirl89
March 10th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I love that I have quit using chemical bleaches and dyes and just made my first henna mix in years which is sitting in the kitchen.

Sunshine69
March 10th, 2009, 09:26 PM
because I didn't chop it off last week. I felt frustrated and worried, and almost did an impulse cut. Now that things are resolving and I'm feeling better emotionally, I'm glad I didn't cut it.

CestMadeleine
March 10th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I love my hair today because it reacted nicely to the conditioner. It feels stronger, thicker, and every soft. :D

Heavenly Locks
March 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I love my hair today because since going CO I have not had itchy scabby scalp and I am not flaking badly like I was. BOO for sulphates!

jel
March 11th, 2009, 10:28 AM
... it feels soft, and looks full and shiny. :inlove: That's because I gave it a good oiling last night (castor oil on scalp and an ayurvedic one on the length) a couple of hours before a wash.

LittleOrca
March 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I love my hair today because even though I am going swimming in a moment, if I soak it in a CO wash for 30 min it will forget that it was mad at me in the pool. :lol:

xeternalsilence
March 11th, 2009, 02:43 PM
It feels and looks much thicker for some reason. I like it. :D