PDA

View Full Version : Slooow growth

Roseate
February 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I am a dejected hair-grower. :(

I just measured for February, and I've only grown a quarter inch! I take my vitamins. I treat my hair well, and the ends look very healthy, no breakage I can see. I was even using mega-tek this month in hopes of a boost! No such luck.

Is anyone else experiencing a major stall? Come commiserate with me! :sad

Coriander
February 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Roseate :flower:

I've only grown a quarter-inch too in the month I've been back here at LHC. Frustrating, I know. I also take vitamins, and wear my hair up all the time -

perhaps it will get started up again soon :) Patience, my friend, it will speed up soon.

Starr
February 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM
My hair grows in a series of spurts and stall with no particular month to month pattern. Maybe your hair is the same way? I honestly can't tell if my hair has grown at all since I cut it in December, but oh well, it'll grow eventually.

feralnature
February 28th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I only measure my hair once a year. It seems to me anyway the it would be easy to misread the tape a quarter of an inch either way quite easily :)

RancheroTheBee
February 28th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I grew a quarter of an inch for December and January. For February, I think maybe a little over that, but not much. I always stall from December to June.

But, hey! It's March, and you know what that means! Us winter stallers can rejoice in faster growth. :grin:

plainjanegirl
February 28th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Oh you are not alone. I have been trying to measure myself. But if my measurements are accurate since December I have only had 1/4 of an inch of growth. I am gonna have a family member to measure for me tomorrow to see if I am off a bit maybe. But hey spring is coming so I am hoping for a growth spurt.

Debra83
February 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I don't feel that I'm growing much, but the pics show that I am. I'm just impatient I guess.

Oberon88
February 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I was going to post this same thread. I've been feeling really badly about my hair lately. It's just not growing and I feel like it isn't looking as nice. I don't know. It's so frustrating.

Jessikinz
February 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Same here. My hair has been at a stall since November. Than I did a very small trim in January. It's very frustrating, but it will grow! Just keep up what you're doing, that's what I keep telling myself :)

Honey39
March 1st, 2009, 08:06 AM
My hair grows just under 2 inches every three months (when I get it trimmed), but I would say that it doesn't grow the same amount each month. It seems to grow in spurts, but it is consistent over three months. Maybe instead of measuring every month, put it up and forget about it and measure it again in about three months, and then I am SURE that you will see that it's growing away happily!!

Pierre
March 1st, 2009, 08:31 AM
I've been stuck at 62 cm or a few less for months. That's from the hairline on the forehead to the tip of the longest strand. I haven't passed 62 in a looong time (probably the longest strand gets split and I cut it off). But the hair a bit closer than the longest strand has been getting thicker :)

Heidi_234
March 1st, 2009, 08:45 AM
I'd have to join you guys, this month I haven't seen any growth either! :justy:

GlennaGirl
March 1st, 2009, 09:05 AM
I am a dejected hair-grower. :(

I just measured for February, and I've only grown a quarter inch! I take my vitamins. I treat my hair well, and the ends look very healthy, no breakage I can see. I was even using mega-tek this month in hopes of a boost! No such luck.

Is anyone else experiencing a major stall? Come commiserate with me! :sad

I stalled for three months last year and right now I'm in a stall again.

I know the feeling!

I would say, just let this stall happen and pass. You will get growing again. I know it's hard to wait when you're growing your hair. But the length will come. From what I've seen here, many people experience stalls or even think they're at terminal, then suddenly they get growth again.

plainjanegirl
March 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM
I've been taking vitamins and they are not helping at all.
Today I had a family member measure my hair and I have had no growth for the past two months.
So now what do I do? This is frustrating!!

spidermom
March 1st, 2009, 12:16 PM
I measure every 3 months, and I have the same person do it every time (my DD). I don't know if I'm in a stall or not, but it wouldn't be uncommon for the middle of winter.

plainjanegirl
March 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
So how do you determine if you are in a stall or if you are at your terminal length?
Is your terminal length always the same or as you age can it change?
If you determine you are in a stall is there anything to do to push your hair out of it?

RancheroTheBee
March 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
So how do you determine if you are in a stall or if you are at your terminal length?
Is your terminal length always the same or as you age can it change?
If you determine you are in a stall is there anything to do to push your hair out of it?

I think it's a matter of waiting. If you see no growth, for say, a year, it's likely that you might be at terminal, but even that isn't any sort of a guarantee. Sometimes, your follicles just take a break. And for a lot of us, that time is winter. Sometimes, all of winter. This is probably the longest stall I've ever had, due to stress and a big local trend of slighter colder weather.

Believe me, it'll start growing again soon, and then we can all worry about shedding and sun-damage again. :lol:

earthdancer
March 1st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Is your terminal length always the same or as you age can it change?Most long-haired women I've known experience a change in their terminal length (and thinning, and fragility, and fading/graying) once they hit 40 or so. Some have even become so despondent about the changes in their hair that they cut it much shorter, often unnecessarily in my opinion.

I found that making adjustments to my hair care helped make up for some thinning and fragility issues, although there isn't anything you can do about terminal length except make sure your hair is as strong as possible to avoid premature breakage. There are a lot of products out there now that can help you do that.

Roseate
March 1st, 2009, 10:52 PM
Good to know I've got company.

This is the first time I've ever measured my hair monthly, so I've never really noticed how dramatic the changes in growth rate can be! I'm going to keep measuring every month for a while, just because I'm curious. I'll try to practice my hair zen and not freak out about stalls. :meditate:

plainjanegirl
March 2nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Good to know I've got company.

This is the first time I've ever measured my hair monthly, so I've never really noticed how dramatic the changes in growth rate can be! I'm going to keep measuring every month for a while, just because I'm curious. I'll try to practice my hair zen and not freak out about stalls. :meditate:

You are better than me. I am flipping out about this.:(
This next month I am gonna use anything I can to encourage some growth. :D