PDA

View Full Version : ARGH-tapering hair at the front

pdy2kn6
February 28th, 2009, 05:14 PM
argh, my hair is driving me mad, it has got alot of taper at the front of the head, partly because of sunbathing facing the sun 2 years ago combined with me not getting the front of my hair cut since i got a fringe 2.5 years ago, while the back of my hair has had some small trims using feyes self trim method. I really don't know what to do. It is particularly the front side bits which taper. I really don't want to trim off 4 inches of hair which i would need to do it i wanted the back of my hair to be the same length as the front. My aim is terminal length, currently around BSL. I am so baffled. Hope you guys can help...

HairColoredHair
February 28th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Do you put your hair up?

The front bits of my hair are always a little shorter, mostly because if it's down it gets messed with more.

Anje
February 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Those same portions seem to taper on me, too. It's really very common. In my case, I'm not sure if they have short terminals (hope not!) or just grow more slowly. Personally, I think you should pick a length (maybe APL, maybe shoulder blade), then maintain that length with trims and give the front portions some time to catch up.

Remember also that the front side bits get a lot of handling, from pulling hair back, getting it out of the face, etc. They tend to be in direct contact with ponytail bands, too. Mine show a bit of wear easily. Be kind to them.

Aisha25
February 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Mine too grow so slow in the front so my hairs make a V shape on there own. Its ok just learn to love them:D

OhioLisa
February 28th, 2009, 10:08 PM
My front hairline is always shorter than the rest. Some of us just have to learn to live with such things. :shrug:

pdy2kn6
March 1st, 2009, 01:10 AM
Do you put your hair up?

The front bits of my hair are always a little shorter, mostly because if it's down it gets messed with more.

I keep my hair up everysingle day, down in a braid to sleep with on a satin pillowcase. sometimes use a silk bandana wrapped around my head. Stopped using pony elastics 1.5 years ish ago (apart from on the end of a braid at night), now only keep it up using a scrunchie or a hair stick, well paintbrush or pencil stick really.

pdy2kn6
March 1st, 2009, 01:24 AM
its not only shorter its really thin and scraggly, the back of my hair is more thicker. i hate how its so different from the back to the front.

enfys
March 1st, 2009, 07:26 AM
Maybe try trimming the ends a bit so they look neater and more like deliberate layers? At least then they will look more purposeful and appear less scraggly. I think te front grows more slowly on a lot of people, otherwise my old hairdye line would be straighter!

Debra83
March 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM
I'm afraid all you can do is be patient with and kind to that part of your hair. Be persistent too, don't give in to cutting it again, because then you're back at square one!

salamander
March 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
The hair around my face is curlier, finer, lighter, and generally more delicate than the rest of my hair. It just grows like that. I try to take extra good care of it. When your fringe is completely grown out and you can trim it with the rest of your hair it probably won't bother you so much, just give it time.