PDA

View Full Version : Highlight Question follow up

atlantaz3
February 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I've haven't had highlights done since Aug 07 but really thinking about it again.
What extra care do yall do after highlights - and what maintenance items can I think about adding in to my routine? I already so smt's about twice a month, yes I blow dry. I'm using a sulfate free shampoo (abba) not really loving it. I was thinking about starting a co only program.... I also need to do some searching on the protein links
sorry too many thoughts and questions - any help appreciated :o
thanks!

Carolyn
February 28th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I do CO washes most of the time. I switch up with an occasional CWC or SC wash now and then. My highlighted hair is extra dry and more fragile so I baby it with lots of moisture. I also do SMTs and other heavy deep conditioners with my heat cap when I have time. I check my ends for splits and snip them off so the damage doesn't travel upwards. I also use a leave in or oil the ends.

justgreen
February 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'm into benign neglect right now, but I still dilute shampoo, and I'm still doing SMT's. I just got highlights and lowlights today, so I'll wait a day or so before washing, then follow up with an SMT.