PDA

View Full Version : Ecstatic over hair compliments!

Kiraela
February 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I am so grateful to LHC for everything I've learned about hair care... Apparently I've finally hit on something that works! In the past week, every day somebody has complimented my hair at least once! The first day, it was a girl in a gas station who asked my advice on growing her hair out. I gave her the link to LHC. The next three were random people in stores, one of whom had quite lovely classic length hair herself. The next day an indian woman in a sari commented on how thick and shiny my braid was! Last night, A dancer from the burlesque show we went to was like, "Wow! Your hair is lo-ooonnng! Hmm. I wonder how that would look onstage!" I wonder if she's going to grow her hair out some more (it was already bsl-ish)... Luckily they're based out of New Orleans, so I'll get to find out, eventually! Just now, Alex Zander of MK Magazine, who is down here visiting my roommate, saw my hair down and said, "you have really pretty hair!" I think he's just not used to seeing girls whose hair isn't bleached or dyed into submission(and oblivion)... But I am just ecstatic...

I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, seriously! but... This is just so cool! I think it's because I've been taking better care of my hair, LHC style, for a while and it's finally visibly paying off!

:cheese:

Coriander
February 28th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Brag away, dear. That is wonderful that you're receiving so many lovely compliments. You can't ask for any other motivation to keep growing!!! :cheese: I'm happy for you! :)

camara
February 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Congrats on the compliments! :)

Forever_Sophie
February 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
That's awesome!! I'm happy for you :)

tina1025
February 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I dont think your bragging at all. Your just happy to receive compliments and its ok....You do have pretty thick and healthy looking long hair :)

You are right about LHC. i have learned so much after joining LHC (not just about hair but other stuff too) and i have never taken care of my hair as much as i do now.

Pixna
February 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
That's wonderful! Good for you! It's sounds like all of your hard work is paying off and the compliments are very well deserved. Enjoy them!!

Debra83
February 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
WTG!!! I looked at your profile pics. very nice. That's how I want mine to look lengthwise. I'm thinking we have similar hair too. When you say "brushed out" from braid waves, did you really use a brush or a wide tooth comb though? Just wondering. My hair looks like your hair if I use a brush, but after LHC, I try not to use a brush too much, just a comb.

MsBubbles
February 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
congrats on your compliments! I'm sure this is your reward for hard work and patience regarding your hair. May the compliments continue...

Für immer
February 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Who don't feel good when someone is complimenting you?

Addy
February 28th, 2009, 06:03 PM
WoW Kiraela!!! Good for you! :cool:

~GypsyCurls~
February 28th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Yea congrats! Those compliments must have been a great boost to your self esteem! :)

And good job on trying to recruit "fresh meat" for LHC! LOL j/k...

Kiraela
March 3rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
That was a brush, it was for the 'brush out your curls' thread... I have found that since my hair is in better condition, I can get away with using an actual brush (mostly because my comb is missing, and I have no choice...) as long as I damp it a little bit first.

WTG!!! I looked at your profile pics. very nice. That's how I want mine to look lengthwise. I'm thinking we have similar hair too. When you say "brushed out" from braid waves, did you really use a brush or a wide tooth comb though? Just wondering. My hair looks like your hair if I use a brush, but after LHC, I try not to use a brush too much, just a comb.

mellie
March 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
That's great, Kiraela! Yay!!

Also, your avatar is about the cutest thing I've EVER seen!!!

joyfulmom4
March 3rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work! :cheese:

ZadenWillowfyre
March 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM
That's so cool. It's always nice to receive positive comments about something you love. I mainly get complemented on the color...however, I'm hoping it grows out enough so people say WOW the length too!