PDA

View Full Version : Touching hair while it dries?

howsitgrowin'87
February 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Is it a bad thing to touch or mess with your hair as it dries? I feel like I'm always messing with my hair while it dries, and I just had the thought that it might not be good to do that.

Could it cause damage to the hair? Does it tend to make it more poofy (I have flat hair on top of my head and then it gets kind of wavy at the bottom, so like 1c hair)

I hope I'm not damaging my hair by playing with it a lot.

Heavenly Locks
February 27th, 2009, 12:08 AM
No, I don't think so. I have the same hair type and I like to twiddle mine around a finger or gather it in a ponytail and shake water at my hubby...LOL I think as long as you are not doing 'hard' things to it like brushing or pulling it, it's fine.

RancheroTheBee
February 27th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Hair is more delicate when it's wet, but you're probably not doing it any harm by poking at it. Then only issue I have is that it tends to flip outwards if I twiddle with it too much, but since you're not really looking to make it wave more, you're fine.

howsitgrowin'87
February 27th, 2009, 01:26 AM
well that's good to hear. Thanks!

I have really uneven waves, so I tend to smooth it out with my fingers while it's drying, but I think when it's longer, it will look really pretty just left alone to dry. yay, I can't wait!!