PDA

View Full Version : Ice: An Alternative to Cold Rinses

sweetbluesky
February 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Ok, so after reading it online, I tried this out. After washing my hair, I put ice cubes in it instead of doing a cold water rinse. This gave me AMAZING:cheese: results because it closed the cuticle, and increased shine. I also tried this on dry hair (after I had straigthened it) and it made my hair smoother as well. I then tried it by washing my hair, puttin aloe vera gel, and then using an ice cube all over the length. This reduced frizz quite a bit, a serious problem for my wavy hair. I use just once ice cube and run it all along my length and I don't have to worry about a cold scalp! You guys should try this because it is cheap and effective and will not damage hair! HTH

Phalaenopsis
February 26th, 2009, 11:42 AM
How clever! I must try this, because I love the effect of cold water on my hair :)

Oskimosa
February 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
^_^ Wow, that's an idea. I'm always doing some kind of weird limbo trying not to get ice-cold water all over myself. I wonder if the temp isn't too damaging? I guess so long as it just brushes against the hair rather than sitting on the hair, freezing it, it would be ok...

Copasetic
February 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Great idea. I can't stand doing cold water rinses! This would be so much better.

adiapalic
February 26th, 2009, 01:02 PM
oh but I love cold water rinses in the shower! I will need to try ice-cubes though.