PDA

View Full Version : So I look like I stuck my finger in a light socket???!!!!

Curlsgirl
February 26th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I pinned my hair up and let the curls sort of waterfall over in the back this morning. I thought it looked kind of cute but then I walked in and that was the comment my boss made. I said, "Really"? THEN he said, "No, it looks good".

Hmmmpppffffff! Anyway, it sort of hurt my feelings and I guess I shouldn't have let it. Anyone understand? :(

Carolyn
February 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Maybe it was his unept manly way of saying your hair was really big :D

Lamb
February 26th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Just ignore it. People are just clueless sometimes, and nowadays anything that is not flatironed into perfect submission is called something nasty before people admit it "looks good."

SHELIAANN1969
February 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
He obviouslly doesn't have curly hair! :D I think he was trying to comment but it came out awkward.

He did say it looked good in the end, maybe he just isn't used to giving compliments and didn't have the right words to say "it's pretty and curly" ;)

Fencai
February 26th, 2009, 09:13 AM
if my boss had said that, it would have been his teasing way of saying that he likes it.

albeit, a bit backhanded, it would've been a good thing.

susiemw
February 26th, 2009, 09:13 AM
that sounds like my brother. he doesn't mean it when he says things like that, he just likes to tease.
Maybe he was just so use to seeing you with straight hair he didn't know what to say....
or he was just channeling my brother ;)

I love curls, I wish I could have seen it!

susan

Radulfr
February 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Sounds like a pretty style to me too. :agree:

Copasetic
February 26th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Just ignore it. People are just clueless sometimes, and nowadays anything that is not flatironed into perfect submission is called something nasty before people admit it "looks good."

I totally agree with this. Wearing actual curls is so rare these days.

The comment your boss made would have hurt my feelings too, but it might just be the case that he is bad with words. Some people are total klutzes when it comes to giving someone a compliment.

Curlsgirl
February 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone. He is used to seeing the curls. I wear it down and curly a lot but never really this exact style I guess. It's usually more um tamed ha ha. I feel better now. :flowers:

eyesofsummer
February 26th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Ah, don't take it badly
A few years back, when I was in high school, I wore my hair curly and down one day and my dad said it looked like I 'needed to brush it'. Some people just have no clue!

~GypsyCurls~
February 26th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Bah, I've heard people make that comment about hair that is curly yet totally frizz free, soft and beautiful. It's hard for a comment like that not to hurt, though. I'm glad you feel better now :)

Coriander
February 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe it was his unept manly way of saying your hair was really big :D

Going to keep my yap shut on this one :rollin:

Curlsgirl, if you like it, that's what matters :D You *do* have lovely curls!

Curlsgirl
February 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks sniff sniff, I'm feeling better. :flowers:

HoneyMouse
February 26th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Your boss was probably just envious 'cos he's probably bald or *whispers* thinning

QueenMadge
February 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I think the finger in the light socket comment is something that any curly head has heard at one time or another. I have gotten comments from my boss when I wear it in a tight bun at the crown of my head that its just "not right".....I think its because he's used to seeing it down and wild and curly and not restrained.

I'm sure it looked good and you wear it the way you want to because after all it is your hair;-).

JamieLeigh
February 26th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Sometimes guys just honestly don't know what to say to a woman. Some of them digest kneecap daily, LOL. *cough*my-ex-husband*cough* I sometimes get my feelings hurt over small things, when I really should just let it roll off of my back, because there was no insult meant.

It sounds like he honestly thought he was making a funny joke, and expected you to be amused by what he said too. And he DID seem to follow it up with a compliment of sorts. You have to give him a point for trying, at least. :p