PDA

View Full Version : New here from Germany

Aromatic
March 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hello everybody!
I'm new here and I hope for a loooot of inspiration. http://smilie-land.de/t/q-s/sport/sport0018.gif

Especially the hairdo-section an the henna-threads I have to discover... http://www.smileygarden.de/smilie/Ostern/o_16.gif

Lookig forward!!

aromatic

Saoirse
March 30th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome to LHC. :D
Where in Germany are you from?

Jeni
March 31st, 2008, 01:20 AM
Hi! I just joined as well. I spent 7 months as an aupair in Germany (2hr, by train, north of Hamburg), lovely country, I miss it.

Jeni

magda
March 31st, 2008, 01:22 AM
Hi,

I'm from Germany too :)

k_hepburn
March 31st, 2008, 02:50 AM
Hello and welcome, Aromatic!

We actually have a social group for our German members, where we can swap tips and product recommendations specific to the Germany. You find the social groups under Quick Links. I'm not sure whether you can access them before you've reached 25 posts, so if you can't see the link now, try again later!

Greetings

katharine

lilalong
March 31st, 2008, 04:29 AM
Hey there. I from Germany as well. (And also new)

Mi-chan
March 31st, 2008, 06:14 AM
Welcome (from yet another german member :P)

Aromatic
April 2nd, 2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks everybody!! What a nice welcome... I'm touched.

I'm from Kiel in the very north of Germany on the baltic-sea-coast. Nice, but small. (At least I can buy those amazing Hairscroos here! :D)

K_Hepburn: Thanks for the hint. I'll try that.

Jeni: If you're interesstet in practicing your german... here I am. :)

tuuli
April 2nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
Hello Aromatic! :)
Nice to meet you here as well!

Jeni
April 2nd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Aeromatic- Dude I've been to Kiel! I lived in a tiny town called Nordhastedt. The "larger" towns near me were Heide, and Meldorf. They were (I assume still are) pretty small so you probably don't know them. My German was awful, I mean really really bad. I have a somewhat southern accent when speaking English, I sound like I am from the deeeeeeeeep south when I try to speak German, it's kind of sad. I was only there for 7 months and the child was 2, so I speak 2 year old German...badly...Oh and I can order food and water without bubbles! Thanks for the invite though! Sniff, I miss Germany, excuse me while I go listen to my German music Cd's and wish for curry-wurst and french fries with mayo.

Jeni

Lizbot
April 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Hello, Aromatic! I am new too.

I love your avatar. Your hair has great color and shine.

zift
April 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Yay another henna-head!:cheese: Welcome to LHC:flowers

Aromatic
April 4th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hi Tuuli - this Beauty I know! :wink:

Thanks, Lizbot!

Yes, I henna. *sigh* I hate the smell, it gives me the worst headache, my bathroom is a mess afterwards, my boyfriend keeps laughing at me for the full 3 hours, but the shine is just great and I need the color.
Thats a main reason why I'm here: the brown vanishes soooo fast and leaves me kind of red/orange. My skin is cool-toned, so you can imagine how pretty orange looks on me. Something color-fixing has to happen! Please!
Zift: You're from the metric-part of the world... :-) Wow, 122 cm - you must be so proud. I can't wait to see pictures of everybody here.

Jeni: It's Norderstedt, right? And of course I know that. OMG, the world is a teenytiny village! This is so funny. What's the problem with getting fries with mayo at your place? I don't get it...
Have you been at Kieler Woche, this big sailing festival (aka drunk-men-falling-in-icy-water-while-taking-a-leak)?

Jeni
April 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
: It's Norderstedt, right? And of course I know that. OMG, the world is a teenytiny village! This is so funny. What's the problem with getting fries with mayo at your place? I don't get it...
Have you been at Kieler Woche, this big sailing festival (aka drunk-men-falling-in-icy-water-while-taking-a-leak)?

No it's Nordhastedt (very tiny, when I was there we didn't even have a street light). Its north west of Norderstedt. If you go to Google maps, you can find it (it's west and slightly south of Kiel, by the other coast). It's in (and I'm going to miss-spell this) Schleswig Holstein, if that helps at all.

I have been to that festival, or at least I went to some sailing festival in Kiel. I believe Kiel is where I finally went to a mall in Germany (the mall was not far from he train station, I think it was Kiel).

Oh I can get mayo with french fries here, I just get weird looks. In Germany anywhere I went I was asked ketchup or mayo, here if you ask for mayo with your french fries they look at you like you have grown a 3rd eyeball. Mainly I miss currywurst, fresh bread, doners and cheap ritter sport.

Jeni

embee
April 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Oh my, this is a small world indeed! My daughter is living in Eckernfoerde! Welcome to LHC and I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Cassiopeia
April 6th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Willkommen! :-D

Shypii90
April 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Wilkommen !

Your hair looks amazing. Keep it up!

Aromatic
April 8th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks!
Jeez, the world is tiny. You always have to behave well, otherwise it will come up wherever you go. :D

I have to catch up a loooooot of reading. So I go now and find out about this mysterious Amla I just bought.