PDA

View Full Version : I can't take the baby Hairs anymore!!

Fencai
February 25th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I just can't take them!!! They are so fuzzy and out of control!!
Ive got the satin pillow case, i sleep with a braid, but that doesnt help the crown hairs. (Im a tosser and turner- as i say, I mash my head into my pillow).

Even coconut oil doesnt work! they stick down for a little bit, but as soon as they pop back up, look out! They're all over. It makes me look so messy!!! if I try and slick them back down, then they "clump" together and I end up with horns. (enough people in my office think im teh evil, so we dont need that)

anyone have any other suggestions to help with this?? I can't take it any more!!!!!
*snort*

Heidi_234
February 25th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Small black bobby pins maybe?

magpielaura
February 25th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I've found that tightly bunning my hair until the scalp hair has dried makes the short hairs dry parallel to the rest. After a few hours I let the length down. If I part my hair in a different way than it dried there will be very few sticky-up ones. Of couse sleeping ruffles them up again.... But I suppose I could dampen it down on between wash days. On bad days I wear a wide fabric hair band, which hides them all away (also good for hiding greasies too!)

You could sleep with your hair tied in a way that you wouldn't wear in the day - say bunned on the top of your head. That way the hairs that get ruffled will be hidden when your hair falls down over them in your daytime style. If that makes sense....

Anje
February 25th, 2009, 07:06 AM
What if you wore a wide fabric headband or a bandana while your hair dried, to squash the little hairs down and force them to stay parallel and flat when they dried? You could also try slicking them with aloe or regular hair gel, though this might also cause horns.

I just live with my horns. The terminal length at my temples is about 3-4 inches, so I pretty much have to.

Fencai
February 25th, 2009, 07:11 AM
i could try the mini bobby pins, and the bandana
the headbands don't work for me, they just end up rocketing off the back of my head- its quite the sight!:p

I might try the aloe too, maybe I can make a gel/spray to use on them a bit.

im just so frustrated with them!
they've defiantly grown, but I hope they do a little more!

Katze
February 25th, 2009, 07:12 AM
the headband helps me. So does a SMT - my baby hairs are usually sleeker after that.

However, I have the same problem and have just resigned myself to it.

My hair is always messy, and the worst part of this mess are the 1-5 inch baby hairs I have all over my head. If I want a sleek updo, I wait until my hair is really "dirty", then oil and brush the heck out of it. This helps, but it is still messy, what with baby hairs all down the length, frizz, and layers.

melrose1985
February 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I know how you feel. I have right at my left temple short hairs about 1 1/2". My hair broke off/ fell out due to some chemicals. I never knew i had a bald spot till they start growing in. If i leave my hair now i bobby pin them down while they dry, sometimes later in the i see them shooting up. But now they are longer it really doesn’t happen. i bet some gel or some sort will help till they get longer.

if i pull just my bangs back with a clip (more toward the front of my hair line) then it's a battle of epic proportions because they don’t reach yet and like you said i have a horn on side!!

: )

NebraskaChick84
February 25th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I gave in. i couldn't take it anymore. I wait until my hair dries, style it and then spray hairspray on.

it keeps them with the rest of my hair. I really don't like the feeling hairspray in my hair but I can't stand them blowing around on my forehead/temples anymore.

Melisande
February 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I have those terrible horns, too. I sleep with a silk cap, on a silk shawl, oil and massage and do everything a obedient follower of the Sublime Hair Cult can do. Result: horns.

I find that if I take the tiniest amount of coconut oil, monoi or sheabutter a la Fox, rub it in my palms and smoothe the verdecki horns down, it helps a bit. For a while. And at least I feel that maybe they won't break so easily now that I fed them.

I'm a pillow driller, too. Horrible.

spidermom
February 25th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I also find that slicking my wet/damp hair back into a bun helps the scalp hair to dry smoother, with fewer sticky-ups. For the stubborn sproingers, I stroke styling wax or pomade over them very sparingly, a teeny bit at a time, until they stay down. My baby hairs, especially the white ones, scoff at gel or oil; it has to be wax or pomade. I can't tolerate hair spray at all; it makes me wheeze.

Fencai
February 25th, 2009, 01:38 PM
all good ideas. I guess the key is to keep trying! I guess my grocery list will be full of sticky type stuff this week!

embee
February 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I find your objections amazing. I don't have these hairs, just sleek flat straight hair. I've always loved the look of the "halo" of little hairs, but it's not happening in this lifetime. :(

That figures, doesn't it! ;)

Fencai
February 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I find your objections amazing. I don't have these hairs, just sleek flat straight hair. I've always loved the look of the "halo" of little hairs, but it's not happening in this lifetime. :(

That figures, doesn't it! ;)

I dont mind the little ones, I agree that those are cute, but the ones that are 2"+ that create chunky horns are the ones that are killing me!

I'll send you some of mine, if you want!:eyebrows:

NebraskaChick84
February 25th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I dont mind the little ones, I agree that those are cute, but the ones that are 2"+ that create chunky horns are the ones that are killing me!

I'll send you some of mine, if you want!:eyebrows:
I have "wings" they are about 2-3" long and stick up right over my ears. if I goop enough crap on them they will fall down and stick out BEHIND my ears. which isn't awesome but better than tickling my ears I guess! and I don't have to see them unless I'm looking for them LOL.