PDA

View Full Version : Side show at the sidewalk cafe

LadyEliza
February 25th, 2009, 01:54 AM
I met with a fellow long haired lady on this forum to show her my hairsticks. We were at a cafe on a sidewalk. After our coffee, and looking at some sticks she wanted me to show her how to do a french roll. I wasn't sure her hair was suitable - it was longer then I'd usually do a french roll! But I gave it a go, explaining what I was doing as I went and putting her hand up so she could feel it. When we had finished we got a round of applause! I hadn't realised that we had gathered an audience! Was funny. Unfortunately the audience all had short hair, but they still enjoyed the show!

I would have passed around the hat - but I wasn't wearing one! ;)

SimplyLonghair
February 25th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Oh how funny! I felt almost on show:o at the Dallas meet, because of all the rubber necking going on, but no one clapped or anything they were just very curious. LOL Still it is great to get together with other long hairs and compare hair hints and advise!:cheese:

eadwine
February 25th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Wow.. lucky!

I remember a meet in Belgium that I went to where the onlookers merely complained because we were being dirty with our hair.

One of the complainers in the mean time had her DOG eat from her plate.

Err.. yeah.. weirdo people. :rolleyes:

Chrissy
February 25th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Oh cool!! That would have been fun.

SHELIAANN1969
February 25th, 2009, 06:05 AM
I met with a fellow long haired lady on this forum to show her my hairsticks. We were at a cafe on a sidewalk. After our coffee, and looking at some sticks she wanted me to show her how to do a french roll. I wasn't sure her hair was suitable - it was longer then I'd usually do a french roll! But I gave it a go, explaining what I was doing as I went and putting her hand up so she could feel it. When we had finished we got a round of applause! I hadn't realised that we had gathered an audience! Was funny. Unfortunately the audience all had short hair, but they still enjoyed the show!

I would have passed around the hat - but I wasn't wearing one! ;)

How cool, that is so funny to be observed and you aren't even aware of it! :cheese:

Wow.. lucky!

I remember a meet in Belgium that I went to where the onlookers merely complained because we were being dirty with our hair.

One of the complainers in the mean time had her DOG eat from her plate.

Err.. yeah.. weirdo people. :rolleyes:

Dirty with your hair? Who did they complain to and what did they say you were doing? :(

Fencai
February 25th, 2009, 06:44 AM
that's soooo neat!!!! I wish I could have seen it!

Kerynna
February 25th, 2009, 06:49 AM
That's funny! It sounds like a lot of fun. :)

eadwine
February 25th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Dirty with your hair? Who did they complain to and what did they say you were doing? :(

To the staff of course. All we were doing was trying out hairsticks and such. *shrug* I had brought a group order in with me that day, so. :)

SHELIAANN1969
February 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
To the staff of course. All we were doing was trying out hairsticks and such. *shrug* I had brought a group order in with me that day, so. :)

How odd, oh well, some people just don't know how to live and let live. :poot:

JamieLeigh
February 25th, 2009, 09:32 AM
That's awesome! :D I'm sure a lot of short-hairs think of us all as circus freaks.

PROUD TO BE MOVING AWAY FROM THE HERD!!!

RavennaNight
February 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM
That is awesome! But amusing how long hair is starting to draw crowds like that. I guess we are becoming a real rarity in some parts of the world...

CountessDeJager
February 25th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Applause? :spitting: People are funny. I'm so glad you had a meet, Eliza!

AJoifulNoise
February 25th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hehe, nice! I remember one time right after church my hair was driving me bonkers so I stood by my car and threw it up into a dutch braid. When I finished I heard clapping and cheering from another car. Apparently, they approved. :lol:

Coriander
February 25th, 2009, 02:15 PM
That's great! I wish I could have been there :)

(Next time bring a hat :p )

EdG
February 25th, 2009, 06:08 PM
That's very cool! :cheese:
Now imagine what the crowd's reaction might have been with more than two LHC'ers at the meet. :D
Ed

Nat242
February 26th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Lady Eliza was fantastic! I've never been able to do a french twist on my hair, hers was a valiant effort.

The onlookers were so funny. I recall one thanking Eliza for the demonstration :D

SimplyLonghair
February 27th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Lady Eliza was fantastic! I've never been able to do a french twist on my hair, hers was a valiant effort.

The onlookers were so funny. I recall one thanking Eliza for the demonstration :D

Cool!:cool: I was wondering who the other longhair was!:D

LittleOrca
February 27th, 2009, 01:02 AM
lol that's awesome :D

Yellowmoon
February 27th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Crazy, isn't it? Long haired women seem to be "exotic" in some parts of the world. But people do admire it anyway. So I wonder why not more let their hair grow ...

Velvettt
February 27th, 2009, 03:51 AM
When we had the big San Antonio meet, someone - I think it was Sam-I-Am, was doing an updo in Nordstroms and collected quite an audience. It was funny to see people all around us, watching enthralled.

We need another meet!

LadyEliza
May 27th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Just came across this while searching for something else. I have no memory of it at all! :(

lapis_lazuli
May 27th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Just came across this while searching for something else. I have no memory of it at all! :(

It's nice that you documented it here :) What a unique and funny experience :lol:

0xalis
May 27th, 2021, 10:08 PM
I can't wait to have hair long enough that I have gawkers when I wear it down :rolling: