PDA

View Full Version : Avalon organics?

sweetlidlred
March 30th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I drove by the health food store last night and they had a sign in the window that said all Avalon Organics half-off. I was wondering if anybody had used them and loved them?

capelli lunghi
March 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I have a lavender condish from them.. I like it alright.. it is good for a conditioner and a leave in!

BrianaFineHair
March 30th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I have used the Avalon Organics Rosemary Shampoo and I really liked it. I used it along with the rosemary conditioner. I emptied the bottles and went back for more, but could not find it. I bought some Burts Bees.

Depending on your hair type, you may or may not like the rosemary variety. I can tell you that the rosemary conditioner is really light - cream rinse like. I have fine hair and this was nice because it was light and did not weigh my hair down.

Too bad you can't get some samples, because if I've learned anything here at LHC, everyone's hair has different needs, likes and dislikes.

prosperina
March 30th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I like the Avalon Lemon clarifying and I love love the Avalon Organics Peppermint. Even diluted it makes my scalp feel really happy; it smells wonderful, and it has that cool mint feel on my scalp.

I've just tried the shampoo though, so I can't speak to the conditioner, but I bet it's good too. It's normally rather pricey, so I'd buy one or two things just to try them out.

rx queen.
April 1st, 2008, 06:25 PM
i've never used their hair products, but if they are anything like their skincare line then you will love them. their skin products are pretty much the best i've ever used.

TessieAnn
April 1st, 2008, 07:46 PM
Avalon Organics Lavender condish turned my babyfine hair (which had been permed) into straw. Took some time to recover from that one!

OhioLisa
April 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM
I tried a couple of their products and wasn't really impressed. My hair was dull and tangly. Some people really seem to love them though, so who knows. :shrug:

MountainGypsy
April 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM
I have had great results with their roseamry shampoo & condish. Those are the only variety I have tried. I switched from Burts Bees which didn't work for me at all.

Ash
April 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
I like the rosemary shampoo, it seems to help remove scalp buildup. I'm not too fond of the conditioners though because they don't seem to condition my hair enough.

Cinnamon Hair
April 1st, 2008, 09:20 PM
I just finished (yea!!) a bottle of Avalon Organics Ylang-Ylang conditioner. Hated it. It just did nothing for me. I would smooth on the conditioner and it felt like I had not used anything. Even after soaking in a shower cap for a few minutes, it did not improve --forget trying to shower detangle with it. The last few times I used it in an SMT and the results were no better. Basically it's like skipping the conditioner and I don't know how that is even possible.

ladyshannonanne
September 22nd, 2008, 11:42 PM
I really like their blue bottle line. I use the AO Biotin B Complex Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner, and I really like them. The shampoo has a mild sulfate (not sls or sles) and the conditioner has cones pretty high up in the ingredients. But my hair is really happy. The one thing I will say is that it's not really all that volumizing. I have plenty of volume anyway, so I just bought them because I liked the citrus smell.

My current routine is: Shampoo lightly and condition heavily every other day; shampoo just the hairline (where I get most oily) and CO wash every other day. I cut my hair a year ago to chin length and I haven't had to cut anything off the hemline since. I mention this to suggest that these products seem to be keeping my hair in very good condition. My hemline is almost to APL and it's think and healthy.

The green bottle line (lavender, lemon, rosemary, ylang ylang) is not my favorite. The lavender shampoo is okay but nothing more. I tried to switch to this line because it comes in 32 oz bottles for 12 bucks at my local Whole Foods. However, it just didn't perform well enough for my liking.

Katze
September 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
I just bought some after using it at my sister's, and was put off by the fact that the "Nourishing" line has CONES. Huh?!? While I am not completely against 'cones (they make my hair smooth but scalp itchy) I don't get what they are doing in an "organic" "nourishing" conditioner.

I emailed Avalon about this and have not heard back yet.

For my fine wavy hair and sensitive scalp they are OK...nothing special, but the price was right. Next time I go to the States, though, I won't buy them again.