PDA

View Full Version : 18 months of squiggy's progress

squiggyflop
February 24th, 2009, 03:48 PM
i know you are all getting tired of my progress threads.. but here i am now at 18 months and im getting very close to hip

ive trimmed off 8 inches during the last 18 months.. and even though i did so much trimming i still made pretty good progress..

ill have to measure later because im at school

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
here is me a week or 2 before joining
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
my hair was a little past shoulder but nowhere near apl.. this is what happened to my hair when my pink dye faded out actually i think there may have been some blue in there.. which would explain the dark dingy colored areas.. i couldnt even get all of my hair into a stubby pony tail yet because it was so short

here is me a few weeks after i joined right after my first henna.. my hair hadnt reached apl yet but it was getting there.. im pretty sure this was taken in september 2007.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hair.jpg
somewhere between these two pictures i trimmed off 2 inches
here is me in november 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/1105071325crop.jpg
im a tiny bit past bsl in the picture.. wow i was so skinny then... not that im fat now.. just not so scarily thin..

february pics..here is february 2008 second day hair.. everyone likes the color in this one.. i wore the stripey shirt to show how far i had till waist to go..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthfeb2008.jpg

here is march 2008 (about waist with scraggly damaged ends) the ends were so awful..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg

here is my trim back to bsl in april 2008
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
most of my layers are gone now.. i wonder how long my hair would be if it hadnt needed the trims... it felt so weird and short

the may picture was cut out because i cant have that many pictures in a post

june pic was cut for the same reason as the may pic
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here is end of june/early july 2008. you can see how my underside grows faster than my canopy.. please excuse the fly aways i cant seem to get a day without wind to take pictures..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg)
clickable
from this picture i can see just how far ive got to go until i reach classic.. my hair looks like it will have to be twice the length to reach classic..

===============================================
november 2008..

after horrible professional trim in september.. (i asked for half an inch and she cut off almost 2 inches) whatever atleast my ends were sort of even.. my layers are finally gone.. however my underside grows faster than my canopy so i still have to wait a while before my bleach damage on my canopy grows out..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/novemberprogress.jpg
the orange line by my shoulder shows about where my hair was in september 2007..

the second orange line shows about how long my hair would be if i hadnt had to trim off so much hair.. it was my original goal length..
dont be fooled though its nowhere near tailbone.. ive got a long bottom.. my tailbone is like 3 inches from the second orange line..
ok so here is january of 2009
sorry about not putting my hands at my waist i was trying to be casual and not let everyone in the class see that i was using the mac computers to take a picture of the back of me.. sorry its so dark

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hairjanuary.jpg

i had to trim off 1 inch after a horrible accident involving foam spray insulation..

ETA its a bit past hip when wet.. but its between waist and hip dry

february 2009
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/Photo7copy.jpg
ok so i havent measured.. ill have to edit that in later when i get home..as you can see im very close to hip.. (my hands are at waist)
hip is about 2 inches from waist.. so im only hip on days that my hair is straighter.. its wavy today so yeah not quite hip.. oh i managed to take the picture before class so thats why i was able to do hands on waist..
this picture really shows how unevenly my hair grows.. i no longer have a blunt hemline.. (though it may look more blunt blowdried straight)

angeldance
February 24th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I love your progress threads! and am always amazed at your growth, you are an inspiration!
Have some cheese!:cheese:

lapushka
February 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
february 2009
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/Photo7copy.jpg

I love the way your hair looks in this picture. It's lovely when it's wavy!!!
Congrats on your progress!

SimplyLonghair
February 24th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Squiggy! Gorgeous as usual! :flower: Take a :bow:!
Way to grow!:hifive:
:rockerdud

SchnauzerMom
February 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Wow your hair is very pretty. Obviously you're doing the right things.

patissegrietje
February 24th, 2009, 04:33 PM
just...WOW! :cheer:

squiggyflop
February 24th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I love your progress threads! and am always amazed at your growth, you are an inspiration!
Have some cheese!:cheese:
thanks! hmm i was about your length when i joined..

I love the way your hair looks in this picture. It's lovely when it's wavy!!!
Congrats on your progress!
thanks!

Squiggy! Gorgeous as usual! :flower: Take a :bow:!
Way to grow!:hifive:
:rockerdud
lol thankyou!

squiggyflop
February 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Wow your hair is very pretty. Obviously you're doing the right things.
i dont know about that but thankyou.:D

just...WOW! :cheer:
thanks!:cheese:

Peter
February 24th, 2009, 04:59 PM
In the picture after the salon trim, is your hair blowdried straight? Because in all the other pictures it's got that 1c/2a texture where it's can't-decide-between-straight-and-wavy.

Anyway, you're one of my favorites on the forum, your hair is just awesome. :D

lillerina
February 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Your hair is so beautiful - and it's really inspiring to see the progress over a relatively short length of time - although it may not have felt like it.

Omens
February 24th, 2009, 05:27 PM
This was a really cool post. I loved seeing how your hair changed over time.

Do you still henna it? It seems like in the last few pictures it's much more brown, though that could be the lighting. Anyway, just curious. You have lovely hair, by the way :)

squiggyflop
February 24th, 2009, 05:40 PM
In the picture after the salon trim, is your hair blowdried straight? Because in all the other pictures it's got that 1c/2a texture where it's can't-decide-between-straight-and-wavy.

Anyway, you're one of my favorites on the forum, your hair is just awesome. :D
its more likely that i just combed it several times while it was drying with a fine tooth comb.. but who knows.. i certainly cant remember..

thanks! im happy to hear you say im one of your favorites..

squiggys confidence goes up *6 points*

Your hair is so beautiful - and it's really inspiring to see the progress over a relatively short length of time - although it may not have felt like it.
thanks! yeah it feels like it took forever.. its only been a year and a half but it feels like longer

This was a really cool post. I loved seeing how your hair changed over time.

Do you still henna it? It seems like in the last few pictures it's much more brown, though that could be the lighting. Anyway, just curious. You have lovely hair, by the way :)
yes i still henna it.. henna always looks different in different lights.. i took the last pics in low light situations.. so it looks brown
and thanks for the complement

Coriander
February 24th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I love love love progress photos - and especially yours. Your hair is just beautiful. Congratulations :)

tiny_teesha
February 24th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Squiggy! Wow!
I'm so jealous of how fast your hair grows, how thick it is, it's gorgeous colour and it's prettiness!!!
In the past 18 months...wow. You have achieved so much! Good work!
*around of applause*

Starr
February 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Way to go Squiggy! You're hair is looking beautiful!

SpecialKitty
February 24th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I think you may have the fastest growing hair of anyone I've ever seen, Squiggy! Your hair looks fabulous in all pics. Congratulations and :thud:

s_tresses
February 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Inspiration!!

kdaniels8811
February 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Thank you for posting the pictures, I think you inspire all of us trying to grow our hair out. I have been trying since November 08 so have a ways to go but seeing yours gives me hope. Smile! Your hair is lovely.

pinkpanther2070
February 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Great progress!!!

squiggyflop
February 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I love love love progress photos - and especially yours. Your hair is just beautiful. Congratulations :)
thanks!

Squiggy! Wow!
I'm so jealous of how fast your hair grows, how thick it is, it's gorgeous colour and it's prettiness!!!
In the past 18 months...wow. You have achieved so much! Good work!
*a round of applause*
thanks..:) for some reason it doesnt feel like its grown much im not sure why..

Way to go Squiggy! You're hair is looking beautiful!
thankyou :flowers:

I think you may have the fastest growing hair of anyone I've ever seen, Squiggy! Your hair looks fabulous in all pics. Congratulations and :thud:
um well thankyou.. im pretty sure there are others whos growth is faster right here on this forum.. ajoifulnoise (spelling) always seems to get faster growth than me.. im sure accolady must.. her hair has grown sooo much since she came back..

Inspiration!!
hehe :o

Thank you for posting the pictures, I think you inspire all of us trying to grow our hair out. I have been trying since November 08 so have a ways to go but seeing yours gives me hope. Smile! Your hair is lovely.
hmm i remember when i had only just started.. it seemed like i would never reach my goal.. i was so frustrated by slow growth that i forced myself to take the most nasty vitamins imaginable.. they smelled awful and made my tummy upset but i told myself i was doing it for faster growth.. i did end up getting 2-3 inches a month while taking them so it wasnt all bad.. but boy did it grow in unevenly.. thats why my november 07 pic looks so weird at the ends in spite of a 2 inch trim just a month before.. hopefully your hair will grow quick and strong.. goodluck

maskedrose
February 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Awesome progress Squiggy! I love the last picture - it really has come a long way since the beginning (ha! I never end up with an unintentional pun :) ). We joined about the same time and I wish I had so much progress to show!

Tressie
February 24th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Looking so good!!! And you KNOW we LOVE PICTURES!! We don't get tired of progress reports at all! They are inspiring.........like your lovely hair!! (o:

Congratulations on a job well done! And, watch out for that spray foam goop!! Yikes! (o:

RavennaNight
February 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Beautiful as always! Great progress!

LittleOrca
February 24th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Awesome job! :D

Johanna64
February 25th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Wow,great progress!!
Your hair is sooo pretty :) Good growth!

hanne jensen
February 25th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Squiggy, I'm amazed at your growth rate. Willing to share your secrets? My hair is the same length as when you started. I would LOVE to have your growth rate. Your hair is drop dead gorgeous!

Patience is a virtue-which I lack.

HeatherMae
February 25th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I am very very jealous of how quickly your hair grows! I'm happy for you though. :)

Katze
February 25th, 2009, 04:39 AM
gorgeous hair, and it's grown so FAST! :cheese:

squiggyflop
February 25th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Awesome progress Squiggy! I love the last picture - it really has come a long way since the beginning (ha! I never end up with an unintentional pun :) ). We joined about the same time and I wish I had so much progress to show!

Looking so good!!! And you KNOW we LOVE PICTURES!! We don't get tired of progress reports at all! They are inspiring.........like your lovely hair!! (o:

Congratulations on a job well done! And, watch out for that spray foam goop!! Yikes! (o:
well i remember someone complaining about threads like this "clogging up the main forum"
thankyou for the complement:)

Beautiful as always! Great progress!
thanks!

Awesome job! :D
yippie!

Wow,great progress!!
Your hair is sooo pretty :) Good growth!
thankyou very much

Squiggy, I'm amazed at your growth rate. Willing to share your secrets? My hair is the same length as when you started. I would LOVE to have your growth rate. Your hair is drop dead gorgeous!

Patience is a virtue-which I lack.
hmm secrets.. well its mostly genetic.. vitamins helped me go from shoulder to bsl in two months with a 2 inch trim.. it was natrol skin hair nails and a centrum.. while i was taking those i believe i maxed out my genetic limit on growth speed.. but apparently my maximum speed allowed by me genetics is higher than other peoples (2-3 inches per month).. on my regular poor diet i only get slightly more growth than an average person.. i do eat a ton of protein and very little junkfood (ive got super sensitive taste receptors so things often taste too strong for me.. like chocolate and other candies)
um i dont do much to speed up my growth anymore.. i did do monistat for a while to jump start my hair after a fungal infection caused it to stall.. it cured the infection and my hair started growing again..
um i use either seamfree combs or a wood bristle brush
um i always water down my shampoo.. i have no idea if this helps it grow faster but it does save money..plus it lathers up faster that way so i end up with less tangles because i dont have to rub my head too much..
i dont really have a secret for fast growth.. sure the vitamins worked for me but they are now too darn expensive and plus they taste terrible.. in the past year or so the price on natrol skin hair nails has skyrocketed.. it used to be 6$ for a month supply now its 16$..

anyway before i ramble on much more... thankyou for the complement

Your hair is gorgeous! I am very very jealous of how quickly your hair grows! I'm happy for you though. :)
thankyou and no need to be jealous.. your hair is almost the same type as mine isnt it.. yes but you have something im jealous of.. an iii rating.. i wish my hair was thicker...

gorgeous hair, and it's grown so FAST! :cheese:

Pixna
February 25th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Your hair really grew quickly, Squiggs!! And it has gotten healthier and more beautiful with each photo. Love the color, too. Thank you for sharing -- you are an inspiration to my follicles! :D

Fencai
February 25th, 2009, 06:37 AM
wow!!!! That looks great! congrats!!! you're definitely an inspiration to me!

Naava
February 25th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Thank you for shoeing the progress pictures. Your hair really is both amazing and inspiring :)

Morningglory
February 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
You have amazing growth! What is your rate an inch per month? That is so crazy! If that was my hair cutting 8 inches in 18 months would have only given me and inch of growth left. What is your secret?

JamieLeigh
February 25th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Wow! That's great progress for 18 months' time! I'm sure it hasn't felt like a short time, but it really is, hair-wise. It's looking beautiful, and whatever you are doing is obviously working out well for you! Congratulations! :hifive:

Deimos
February 25th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Great hair! Wonderful length and it looks so healthy!

Feye
February 25th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Oh wow what a hair journey! Your hair has really gotten so beautiful.
I am now reconsidering my thoughts to let my ends grow un-blunt, perhaps I should have them blunt after all, it looks great on you

squiggyflop
February 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Your hair really grew quickly, Squiggs!! And it has gotten healthier and more beautiful with each photo. Love the color, too. Thank you for sharing -- you are an inspiration to my follicles! :D
thanks! lol

wow!!!! That looks great! congrats!!! you're definitely an inspiration to me!
thankyou.. :cheese:

Thank you for showing the progress pictures. Your hair really is both amazing and inspiring
thanks:).. i dont understand what you mean by amazing though.. hmm

You have amazing growth! What is your rate an inch per month? That is so crazy! If that was my hair cutting 8 inches in 18 months would have only given me and inch of growth left. What is your secret?

um in the beginning i was taking natrol skin hair nails plus a centrum every day. i got 2-3 inches a month while taking those but they went up in price and im not paying 16$ a month for vitamins.. after that i guess its mostly genetics plus i do eat alot of meat and dairy.. i heard protien is good for growth because hair is made of protien.. but i dont eat it for my hair.. i eat it because i just dont digest most plant material very well.. im not sure what my actual rate is.. im guessing .75" a month usually.. but some months i get more and sometimes when im super stressed i might only get a half inch..

Wow! That's great progress for 18 months' time! I'm sure it hasn't felt like a short time, but it really is, hair-wise. It's looking beautiful, and whatever you are doing is obviously working out well for you! Congratulations! :hifive:
thanks! it felt like forever for some reason.. it was only a year and a half but somehow i feel like ive been a member here forever..

Great hair! Wonderful length and it looks so healthy!
thanks!

Oh wow what a hair journey! Your hair has really gotten so beautiful.
I am now reconsidering my thoughts to let my ends grow un-blunt, perhaps I should have them blunt after all, it looks great on you
thanks! :flowers:
well my underside grows twice as fast as my canopy so im always developing layers.. i never have a blunt cut for more than a month or 2.. thats just the way mine grows.. if i just let it grow to terminal at some point my underside would be twice the length of my canopy.. which is weird when i picture it in my mind..

MadPirateBippy
February 25th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Way to go! That's some darn impressive growth there.

FallenAngel
February 26th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I love these threads! :D You have very beautiful hair, and it grow really fast!

squiggyflop
February 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Way to go! That's some darn impressive growth there.
thanks!:cheese:

I love these threads! :D You have very beautiful hair, and it grow really fast!
thankyou.. im glad you dont mind me posting them.. :)

Radulfr
February 26th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Not tired of progress pic threads at all.

Your hair looks in very good condition.
Wonderful length- keep up the good work!:cool:

squiggyflop
February 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Not tired of progress pic threads at all.

Your hair looks in very good condition.
Wonderful length- keep up the good work!:cool:
thankyou very much!

i think ive noticed something.. my first day hair is usually wavyer than my second day.. only my first day hair dries at all different levels of wavyness.. so when it dries straighter like 1c then my second day hair is almost 1b.. weird.. but my ends are forever flippy and no matter what the top of my head is never wavy because the weight of the hair pulls it straight..

adiapalic
February 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Wow, looks great. I love the waves in your hair.

squiggyflop
February 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Wow, looks great. I love the waves in your hair.
thanks! its taken a while but i now feel comfortable with my wavy hair:cool:

zen_oven
February 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I love your progress shots! I find it inspiring to see how much others have grown--helps me keep the faith. :D

squiggyflop
February 26th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I love your progress shots! I find it inspiring to see how much others have grown--helps me keep the faith. :D
thanks.. when i just started growing i too found progress threads nice because if they could do it i could too..

Alaskanheart
February 26th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I love the length and the wavies. Good job and congrats!

squiggyflop
February 27th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I love the length and the wavies. Good job and congrats!
thanks!:cheese::D:cheese:

jeniffer
February 27th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Wow girl! That such beautiful hair. I love the way it is so wavy. And the color is just there to make the whole beauty picture complete.