PDA

View Full Version : Ojon treatments

Lolseh
March 30th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hey

I was wondering if anyone uses Ojon shampoo and conditioner? It is supposed to be all natural apart from about 5% of it I think. I was going to buy it from QVC but I was just wondering if anyone else uses it and what their experiances are with it. The before and after pics of the hair look good on the show.

Sorry if this is in wrong bit :)

manderly
March 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I think there may be a few people who may use it, but honestly, the majority of us here steer clear of such a pricey product when we get such great results with much cheaper things (oils, shea butter, etc).

blackfrostqueen
March 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I've used Ojon, the shampoo, conditioner and oil (I think its called). I liked it when I first started using it, for at first I noticed a difference. I got it because my hair was really dry/damaged and thought it would help. Plus they said it would help add a thickness feeling to the hair (or actually thicken it). But other than the first week, no difference was really found. I think my hair was just too damaged.

I still have some oil, and might try it again just to see if it would do anything for my hair now, since its not as damaged as when I first bought it, a few years ago. The stuff is still good, I think. Yeah, I'll try it out and let you know. See if it will actually add a silky text to my hair, like they say it will.

But otherwise my say on the product is that its too expensive for the basic results that it does. I've found homemade stuff on this site to do better than the Ojon shampoo, conditioner and oil has done for me. Still, I'll retry it and get back to you.

Hope all this helps you! And sorry I don't really have any before and after pictures. Will try and do some with the oil retry though!

Lolseh
March 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hey

Thanks for replying :) My hair isn't that damaged it is more the thickness that bothers me because I shed really badly from now until about November so was hoping it might thicken my hair a bit. I have tryed most shampoos and they make me itch. Plus with QVC even if you use half the bottle you get your money back so I don't really have much to loose out on. Let me know how you get along with it though.

sapphire-o
March 31st, 2008, 02:12 AM
I tried a sample and just couldn't stand the smell. I was very glad I didn't buy a big jar of it. I know many people love that smell and many people hate it. If you can get a chance to try it before you buy that would be good. :)

Nynaeve
April 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I just couldn't get over the cost on this stuff. I'd rather spend that much on some hairtoys that will last and some oils and other homemixture stuff that i know will work, but that's just me.

manderly
April 1st, 2008, 05:14 PM
I tried a sample and just couldn't stand the smell. I was very glad I didn't buy a big jar of it. I know many people love that smell and many people hate it. If you can get a chance to try it before you buy that would be good. :)

That's right, I was sniffing a jar in Sephora and WHEW, that stuff is RANK.

Alaskanheart
April 1st, 2008, 07:52 PM
I like the oil, the smell is nice to me. It is really nice for an overnight deep conditioning and I found that if I used it 1-2 times a week my hair had a noticable shine and richer color.Ive also used Monoi, and Organic coconut oil the same way, but I got some crunchiness with them that I didnt get with the Ojon.

I have the Shampoo and conditioner that you are talking about, and used the conditioner yesterday. They are okay, they seem to leave hair soft and smooth, but I didnt notice any actual thickening, I had better thickening with COing. The one thing that I dont like about Ojon is that they use cones for their poos/cond. and it weighs my hair down alot, but my hair is fine and Im not a fan of cones very often.

Gladtobemom
April 1st, 2008, 08:11 PM
I use the oil and sometimes the moisturizing conditioner and shampoo--not often.

The Tawaka conditioner is wonderful on my hair now that conventional color has grown out. It is rich but not heavy. It also makes a good SMT.

For Frizz Buster Gel:
I put about 2-3 ricegrains of Ojon oil in a medicine cup (like a Nyquil cup) and add about 1/2-3/4 tsp. of FOTE Aloe Gel. Then I mix with my finger.

I apply and comb through my damp hair. Leaves it soft, moisturized and smooth.

I've also used it as a deep treatment--but usually prefer coconut oil.

I was totally off cones for about 18 months. Now I use some cones to good effect.

Mahars
April 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
I used to use the oil before i discovered coconut oil. The oil treatment is mostly palm kernal oil, which is almost the same chemical composition as coconut oil:

http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/05/24/is-ojon-restorative-treatment-any-good/

I haven't tried the shampoo or conditioner, but if you want to try before ordering, you can get a free sample at Sephora. If you go into the store and ask for a sample, they'll make one up for you. I asked for a sample of the oil before I bought it and the lady at the store scooped out a generous portion into a little jar and off I went to experiment. The sample lasted me about 4 treatments - enough for me to decide to buy it. I found LHC about a month later and immediately regretted plopping down 50 bucks for something so similar to coconut oil.

lovingmyhair
April 1st, 2008, 10:23 PM
I think the oil is wonderful, but it is definitely pricey. I've found other things that work as well so I doubt I'd buy it again. The shampoo was pretty gentle yet cleansing, but I found the conditioner to be a little on the light side. I one of those people that love thick conditioners and the moisturizing conditioner didn't cut it.

renarok
April 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
I have used Ojon restorative treatment for a several months. I am not crazy about the dirty ashtray smell, but I find it really helps my hair and I use such a small amount that the jar is going to last a reeeeealllllly long time. I like it especially as an overnight treatment the day before I wash.

shellblue1
April 2nd, 2008, 01:24 AM

Same here. The oil smelled like a mix of cigarette ashes, cigar smoke, and a little bit of caramel coffee, but heavy on the cigarette ashes and cigar smoke. *gag*

Lolseh
April 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Same here. The oil smelled like a mix of cigarette ashes, cigar smoke, and a little bit of caramel coffee, but heavy on the cigarette ashes and cigar smoke. *gag*
If it smells of that I don't think I'll bother with it. I hate being near anyone who smells of smoke and have to cover my nose. Thanks everyone for replys :)

Alaskanheart
April 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
The one thing about the price I can say is that it can be found for a good deal on e-bay or sometimes QVC will have a good deal. I have found that it does last for a long time. I bought the big size for 40 something dollars 6 months ago and I still have almost 1/4 left, might last another month or even 2. This is with 1-2 treatments a week. So QVC Prices the big one at $ 49.00 shiping is about $7.00 . so assuming my jar lasts 1 more month , your paying 8 dollars a month.Not too bad if its a product that works for you.:)

I love the tunu hairspray , The rub out cleanser is nice to use ocassionally but it doesnt last long and it can dry hair out if overused.

I do want to try the Tawaka , but I wasnt impresed with the moisturizing or thickening conditioners , the shampoo was gentle and effective though.

The smell is one where you just have to smell it to decide. Some love it (me) some hate it.I dont think it smells like ciggaretts, and I dont smoke and hate the smell of smoke on people.It smells more like toffee/Chocolate with a a soft Nuttyness to me.

Animeokapi
April 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I use the Ojon and I love it. I have not tried Coconut oil yet, but I plan to. If it does the same as the Ojon oil then I would switch but so far nothing I have tried has had the effect that the oil does.

The smell is strong and yeah, reminiscent of cigarette smoke but I think it smells more like burned nuts. (I'm also one that can't handle being in the presence of cigarette smoke. Can't stand even hugging my grandmother.) I actually like it.

I did not notice thickening but I did notice that my hair is softer and easier to untangle. My hair is almost to my knees and while my scalp is oily, the length is dry. The Ojon shampoos, for my hair, is excellent. I like the Tawaka too. (I'm a bit spoiled, my mother in law likes to spend money on the family so she sees stuff and next thing I know I have a QVC box...) It smells like burned chocolate. :) And I like it better than the standard shampoo and conditioner.

jera
April 26th, 2008, 02:40 AM
I've used a lot of the ojon line. The restorative is good, and it does leave my hair shiny and managable. But I also use oilive oil because ojon is very expensive. Their hydrating shampoo is very thick and gentle. Their thickening shampoo did not add any volumne to my hair and I quit using it after the bottle ran out. That was one of my few ojon disappointments.

The detangling revitalizing mist is a product I would not be with, however. It's the best detangler / leave in I have ever used. When I use it, the comb just glides through my hair after shampooing, and is no longer the tangled mess I usually have. Also I like the fact that it is a leave in conditioner as well as a detangler. I save money that way.

Though ojon is pricey, you can always find lots of Ebay sellers who're selling it. I buy it from them, NEVER from Qvc. Qvc charges shipping and handling that will always total up to $8. - $10. more than the cost of the item, so beware if you decide to buy from them. By switching to Ebay for my ojon needs, I find I have more money to buy other hair care items without going broke !

Good luck if you decide to try ojon. Overall it's a good product line, and my experiences with it have been almost all:) positive.

Gecko
May 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
I haven't used it and never will because it's way too expensive. But the oil that's in it is palm oil which can pentrate your hair to the core and strengthen it. I have some palm oil, but haven't used it yet, but it's cheap.

jera
May 3rd, 2008, 01:56 AM
I found their conditioner to be on the light side too. And it didn't improve my hair at all. I do like their hydrating shampoo. Their restorative product is okay. Makes hair shiny if you use it overnight, but it's very greasy and hard to rinse clean without several latherings. Not good for your hair, all that shampooing. I think it defeats the purpose of oiling.:(

But Ilove their revitalizing mist and can't say enough good thigs about it. It's the best detangler/leave in on the market, and is better than anything I've been able to make myself, and believe me I've tried. So until I can find, or create something better, I'll continue to fork out the bucks for the revitalizing mist. My hair just loves it. :D

CopperHead
May 3rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
That's right, I was sniffing a jar in Sephora and WHEW, that stuff is RANK.

LOL! I did the exact same thing. My friend and I were in Sephora and I saw a jar of the intensive treatment. I took a whiff to see what all the fuss was about, and wow! It really stunk! :(

I so use the Revitilizing Spray and like it very much, but I have tons of shampoo that I need to use up. It should take me a few years. ;)

Animeokapi
May 6th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Look at it this way: Not everything works for every hair type. Some people have trouble with the hair restorative (intensive treatment) rinsing out. I never have and even after using it over night I don't have to lather the length of my hair- only my scalp like normal and let the suds run down the length. So I don't have an issue with too much shampooing. I don't have to change my normal routine. But that's me.

Valorie
May 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
that's funny. I thought I MUST be the only one who thought it had a ashes after smell...
I still use it from time to time but it's too strong for me most days. I like the leave in treatment mostly and that's about it.

Teresa9000
June 4th, 2008, 09:58 PM
For the last two weeks I've been using the Ojon Rare Harvest Swa+ Liquid-Hair Building 4-step Ritual Kit (I'm not sure if this is the same product you mean). I haven't really seen a difference yet, but my hair was already pretty damaged thanks to the humid/sweltering weather. On the bright side, it hasn't weighed my hair down any more than usual. The shampoo feels like conditioner and hardly lathers, so I thought it would weigh my hair down, but I haven't had a problem so far. As for the smell, the oil treatment smells like Krispy Kreme donuts, especially after you put heat to it like it says to do. I've actually got it on right now and I don't smell ashtray at all. I don't think I would use this product over cheaper alternatives like olive oil and such, but it has just been two weeks.

atlantaz3
July 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I thought I would bump this up - I just found this brand at Ulta 3. Definitely not a cheap product . I bought 2 oz of the conditioner for $9. (I was considering the misting spray at $28!) I haven't tried it yet - I was thinking I might use it for smt instead of my regular condition.
Funny thing is though any time I try another brand condition in my smt I always end up going back to my original formula so maybe I will just condition.

EmpressRi
August 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I have the restorative which I've used off and on for a few years and I love it! I got the hydrating shampoo and condish in a swap, haven't tried it yet though.

americanjan
September 12th, 2008, 09:42 AM
The treatment smells horrible, like a wet ashtray. The Tawaka S&C are my holy grail, though. I absolutely love them. They are expensive, but I get the extra large size on auto delivery from QVC and they last me about 6 months.

EmpressRi
September 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I've used the restorative treatment off and on for a few years and I love it! I recently got the ultra hydrating shampoo and condish in a swap and I can LEAVE it! It make my hair feel coated and dry. The condish has amodimethicone in it and the shampoo magnesium laurel sulfate I think?? So those two I'd leave in a heartbeat but keep the treatment.

RavennaNight
November 29th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Every time I am in Sephora I look at this stuff and am intrigued. I just really have serious issues justifying the yowza pricetag. $30+ for ONE item. What if my hair doesn't like it! Or even worse, what if it does and it becomes a...gulp....habit!? Nope. No money for that, not now...

ericthegreat
August 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I have found the most phenomenal intensive hair treatment ever! Literally, my hair feels super silky, supple, and is blindingly shiny right after I do this treatment. Its called the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. Now this treatment is not cheap, its sold at Sephora for $55. However, I must admit NOTHING else has given my hair such an intense treatment as Ojon has. Its key ingredient is Ojon nut oil. Supposedly in the rainforests of Central America, this tribe of Native Americans harvest this kind of nut for this special kind of oil which they use for as an all purpose moisturizer, cleanser, and hair and skin treatment. You use this treatment like you would use coconut oil. The jar contains the solid form of the Ojon nut oil, it looks like a wax and smells really great and nutty. You scoop a small amount into your hands, rub your hands together and melt it, then apply it to your hair preferably when its dry. You leave it in for an hour at least(you could leave it in longer) and then you wash it out with shampoo. Essentially its a pre-shampoo treatment.

As usual, I had to take a pic!

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/eric29-bucket/Picture80.jpg

Darian Moone
August 12th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I love this stuff, Eric! It's expensive so it's a special occasion kind of thing for me, but it really does work nice. It leaves my hair shiny, super moisturized, yet not weighed down. I put it on at bedtime, pile my hair on my head and put on a plastic shower cap. I put a towel over my pillow just in case it leaks (it never has though), then I wash it out in the morning.

Leisje
August 12th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I've heard of ojon before on other beauty sites or blogs... it's interesting to see it on LHC now, which means there must be something to it.
Too bad I'm too poor for it!
But I am very interested to hear more.

I guess it's essentially a deep oil treatment. Have you used other oils in this way? I hear about so many oils that are great for hair, it's hard to keep up! How do you think this one fares against others?

Oh yeah... and are there any other ingredients in the treatment?

It's nice you found something that obviously works really well for you!

ericthegreat
August 12th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Oh definitely Darian. As they say, you get what you pay for and this treatment is indeed worth every dollar. And, unlike when I use olive oil or when I use coconut oil, Ojon is not heavy at all. One gentle wash with a modest amount of shampoo is enough to take away the excess Ojon oil out of my hair, whereas with olive oil or coconut I really need a good amount of shampoo to rinse those kinds of oils out.

Leisje, this is the list of ingredients:

Elaeis Oleifera (scientific name for Ojon nut oil) , Fragrance, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Serenoa Serrulata, Prunus Africana.

Its pretty much almost pure natural Ojon oil, with a little bit of fragrance(the smell is really rich and nutty) and other natural ingredients added in.

Delila
August 12th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I understand that those who can't get beyond the scent of Ojon can just use red palm oil, since that's pretty much the same thing. There were some discussions of it back some time ago. Worked fine, and tons cheaper.

(I can't get past the scent of the stuff. Shudder. This just means there's more for everyone else.)

Rohele
August 12th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Darn it Eric - I already spend too much money at Sephora and now you've just given me a reason to go there again. I'd heard about the Ojon stuff before, but for some reason I thought it had cones in it (doesn't look like the deep treatment does though).

ericthegreat
August 12th, 2009, 10:05 PM
No Rohele, the oil treatment itself is completely conefree.

I did of course check out the ingredient lists on Ojon's conditioners, shampoos and shine sprays. Of course the shine spray was choked full of dimethicone, but it did also contain a high amount of the Ojon nut oil so I'm assuming if you don't particularly mind cones it would be a great leave-in styling treatment. The conditioners and shampoos also contain amodimethicone, but to be honest I really don't think even with the cones it would be such a bad thing. I mean, this Ojon oil is truly just magical. And it isn't even greasy feeling.......after leaving it into my hair for over 2 hours my hair completely absorbed it in and my hair didn't even feel all that greasy. I only needed like a quarter sized amount of shampoo to rinse it all out, and my hair literally felt so supple and silky, I really didn't even feel like using conditioner afterward!

Sissy
August 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I have used Ojon and also like it (purchased mine off Ebay where it's less expensive). I read a review online about how you can make your own Ojon for much less money. I have NOT tried the following recipe yet but will post it here in case anyone is interest.

<removed text, inserting link to original article (http://www.amazon.com/review/RCWO0CFRB70GI)>

Shiva
August 12th, 2009, 10:49 PM
hehee, I was just talking with a member here about this the other day. ;)
I want to try this product.

ericthegreat
August 12th, 2009, 11:13 PM
But honestly, $55 is not THAT much money, even someone making the most modest of incomes could afford this treatment with just one full day of work. For me personally Sissy, it is simply much more time saving and more convenient to of course buy the official Ojon treatment.

Shiva
August 12th, 2009, 11:19 PM
But honestly, $55 is not THAT much money, even someone making the most modest of incomes could afford this treatment with just one full day of work. For me personally Sissy, it is simply much more time saving and more convenient to of course buy the official Ojon treatment.
I concur!

Let someone else run around and put those ingredients together. I'd pay the $55. too.

Aeon F.
August 12th, 2009, 11:52 PM
I always play with the Ojon stuff when I'm in Sephora, but unfortunately I just can't get past the scent! It's a dealbreaker for me! Oh well- more for you Eric! :D

Idun
August 13th, 2009, 01:17 AM

Agree about the price. Yesterday I paid the eqvivalent of $30 for a jar of coconut oil at my local health store. And that is not a special kind, -itīs the only kind available :D.

That said, the Prunus Africana (http://www.unep-wcmc.org/species/tree_study/africa/1-72.html), also called red stinkwood, is over-exploited and trees are beeing felled in protected areas. In some areas the species is severely threatened. Personally I would take that into consideration before buying the stuff.

Renbirde
August 13th, 2009, 01:46 AM
... Elaeis Oleifera is American Palm Oil. It is native to the tropical Central & South Americas and is a very low cost oil (10 cents per oz) ...

O_O

YAY! More cheap hair goodies! :D

teela1978
August 13th, 2009, 01:54 AM
uggh. can't get past the smell. coconut oil works fine for me, I think I'll stick with it :)

pink.sara
August 13th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Glad to see someone else enjoys the benefits of Ojon too!

I've been using this for a few years and mostly buy it from ebay where it's cheaper and found it to be fabuous.
When my hair was virgin and very long I used a tiny pea sized bit every day on dry hair to stop the frizzies at the ends and around my hairline when in a pony.

Now my hair has been bleached and coloured I use it as an overnight treatment and literally saturate my hair with it.

It has the benefits of leaving my hair supersoft like nothing else without needing masses of shampooing out and not containing cones or hydrolized protein which my hair seems to hate!

Also after trying ethically sourced palm oil I found this penetrates much bettter than the cheaper stuff.
And even the smell which others describe as being like tobacco or coffee just smells like brazil nuts on me after I wash it out which I think is pretty yummy!

All in all it's my favourite treatment and a staple for humid weather!

SimplyViki
August 13th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Sissy, thank you for posting the breakdown of those ingredients for us. That puts it into the "oh hey, maybe I can actually try this in a few paydays" category for me, rather than "heh... maybe in a few years" category.

SHELIAANN1969
August 13th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I have to know, what does it smell like? I mean, is there anything else that you can compare it to?

SimplyViki
August 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I have to know, what does it smell like? I mean, is there anything else that you can compare it to?
I smelled it in Sephora once, it just smelled really nutty to me. Like... just, well, some sort of nut butter.

Aeon F.
August 13th, 2009, 08:20 AM
To me, it has a strange smokey-tobacco-nut smell with some kind of odd undercurrent of something I can't quite parce, but def. leaves me going :disgust: Bleh!

SHELIAANN1969
August 13th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Does it smell like shea?

SimplyViki
August 13th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Does it smell like shea?
I'm not sure, because I've only smelled shea in Chagrin Valley's Lemon Almond Whipped Shea Butter... I think I can detect the shea in that, but I have nothing to compare it to, since I've never smelled shea on its own before.

If the smells other than the lemon and the almond in the shea butter are the shea, then nope, the Ojon didn't bear any resemblance to that, to me. I gotta get my hands on some pure shea butter one of these days.

Delila
August 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
The first time I smelled it, I thought it wasn't that bad, so I used it. Once my hair dried I was reminded of the smell of the ladies room in a local department store: a combination of stale reefer smoke, stale tobacco smoke and a dying gasp of air freshener. When I used it on my hair, after a while the scent faded down to a 'bottom of the ashtray' scent.

I found the scent very heavy and overwhelming, and wouldn't have continued with the product even if I LIKED the scent.

It's very much a YMMV sort of thing. Other people have no difficulty with the fragrance.

If you're interested, get a sample, rather than a larger size, just to find out if it's something that works for you, regardless of fragrance.

Garnet66
August 13th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Eric, I'm glad you found something that works so well for you. I wish I could try some but $55 is just too pricy for me. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a piercing.

Sissy
August 13th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Does it smell like shea?

not really. I have 100% unrefined shea butter and a canister of the Ojon open next to each other right now. The shea butter is quite a plain smell. The Ojon has much more of a nut chocolate smell to it. When I first used it I thought it smelled of nuts and cigars but now that my canister is almost gone it seems to have taken on a more chocolate nut smell (don't know if my senses have changed or something but this morning it smells almost good enough to eat). Yes, it def. has a smell but I do not think it's any worse than the natural shea butter smell... it's just a different sort of smell. Doesn't bother me. I don't know if the homemade Ojon Restorative Treatment would take on the same smell or not as I haven't tried it yet but hope to someday.

Also, for those of you wanting to try Ojon but not wanting to make your own perhaps check Ebay. I did score a jar on Ebay a while back for a very decent price. I've also seen it on the swap board here before.

Rohele
August 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM
No Rohele, the oil treatment itself is completely conefree.

I did of course check out the ingredient lists on Ojon's conditioners, shampoos and shine sprays. Of course the shine spray was choked full of dimethicone, but it did also contain a high amount of the Ojon nut oil so I'm assuming if you don't particularly mind cones it would be a great leave-in styling treatment. The conditioners and shampoos also contain amodimethicone, but to be honest I really don't think even with the cones it would be such a bad thing. I mean, this Ojon oil is truly just magical. And it isn't even greasy feeling.......after leaving it into my hair for over 2 hours my hair completely absorbed it in and my hair didn't even feel all that greasy. I only needed like a quarter sized amount of shampoo to rinse it all out, and my hair literally felt so supple and silky, I really didn't even feel like using conditioner afterward!

No I'm not anti-cone, I'm just avoiding them at the moment. :) Maybe I just looked at the shine sprays or something - I remember I checked the Ojon products out when I went cone free and was having trouble finding products for my hair.

It's interesting what people are saying about the smell - I'm going to have to smell it next time I go shopping - I'm very curious now.

teela1978
August 13th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Does it smell like shea?

Not really. Shea smells alright to me, I'm willing to use it. To my nose ojon stinks like cigars... maybe a little nutty, but mostly of old rancid tobacco. My nose could just be weird though.

Sherri
August 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Sometimes I wish I had a scratch and sniff PC he he he:silly:

neon-dream
August 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for that post, Sissy. I'd much prefer to use those ingredients rather than paying silly amounts for something incredibly similar.

Zombiekins
August 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Ingredient #1: Elaeis Oleifera is American Palm Oil. It is native to the tropical Central & South Americas and is a very low cost oil (10 cents per oz) so therefore it is widely used in many industries such as food, candles, & cosmetics. It is very emollient & leaves a non-greasy shine to the hair & skin. The entire base of this 5-oz jar is made up of this palm oil, so the cost is estimated to be no more than a total of 50 cents.

You beat me to it! I was all geared up to post about the main ingredient being plain ol' palm oil... oh wait, there are three pages to this thread? *skims the rest*

Bene
August 13th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I've tried Ojon. Once. The smell made me queasy. It's like a burnt smokey smell that is so strong. It made my hair feel nice, but I couldn't stomach the smell :(

sweet*things
August 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Ojon saved my hair! Right before I joined the board I was using it to try to fix some major dryness damage to my hair and it absolutely worked. I thought I was going to have to trim 15-18" because it was wrecked, but after using the Ojon (and monoi & jojoba and going cone-free) I only need to trim about 4" to thicken up my ends. I still don't exactly know what freaked my hair out so bad, but Ojon went an awfully long way toward fixing it. Biggest thumbs up from me!

To me it smells like fresh tobacco and chocolate, with a little bit of old ashtray. If you can deal with henna, you can deal with Ojon, but it is pretty strong. I also suspect the red palm oil in Ojon products has stained my daughter's blond hair strawberry (it's pretty, but still...), so that might be a consideration for some people.

Sephora sells 3 for $33 introductory kits that have 1.3 oz tubs of the Restorative Treatment and 8 oz. bottles of the various shampoos and conditioners. I've tried the Shine and Protect version and liked it a lot, but it wasn't quite hydrating enough for me (I tend to like heavy conditioners).

Madame J
August 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah, if you're into Sephora products, join Beauty Insider. In addition to the "deluxe samples," you also get promotions via email, like sale items just for insiders. I don't buy a whole lot there anymore, but it was a great deal when I used a lot of Ole Henriksen stuff for my face.

Glad you found something your hair loves, Eric!

Tap Dancer
August 14th, 2009, 06:21 AM
uggh. can't get past the smell. coconut oil works fine for me, I think I'll stick with it :)

I agree. A friend once sent me a small sample jar and it stunk so bad. :p

SHELIAANN1969
August 14th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I just ordered a quart of Palm Oil, I am going to see how that works out. :D

Regarding the Ojon, I saw some ebayers selling the 5oz containers for around 30-40$ and they had some 1.2 oz *travel sizes* for around 13.99 or so, it may be good to try it out.

I am cheap though, no way can I spend even 14$ on an ounce, an ounce! I would love to smell it, but I am just weird like that! :D

SimplyViki
August 14th, 2009, 06:53 AM

Regarding the Ojon, I saw some ebayers selling the 5oz containers for around 30-40$ and they had some 1.2 oz *travel sizes* for around 13.99 or so, it may be good to try it out.

I am cheap though, no way can I spend even 14$ on an ounce, an ounce! I woul dlove to smell it, but I am just weird like that! :D
:D I'm super cheap too, you'll let us know how the palm oil works out, won't you? Was it sold as cooking oil?

SHELIAANN1969
August 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM
:D I'm super cheap too, you'll let us know how the palm oil works out, won't you? Was it sold as cooking oil?

It was actually sold as soap making supplies :D

I saw some stuff at amazon for about 13$ including shipping for 16 oz, but I got this for 14$, including shipping for 32 oz. I also got some zinc oxide for less than 6$ for a pound and instead of almost 6$ shipping, she is charging me 2$ since I got the other (I did send her a convo asking)

I figure, if it sucks, I'll use it in soap! :D

SimplyViki
August 14th, 2009, 07:09 AM
It was actually sold as soap making supplies :D

I saw some stuff at amazon for about 13$ including shipping for 16 oz, but I got this for 14$, including shipping for 32 oz. I also got some zinc oxide for less than 6$ for a pound and instead of almost 6$ shipping, she is charging me 2$ since I got the other (I did send her a convo asking)

I figure, if it sucks, I'll use it in soap! :D
Cool. I'm kinda disappointed, really, now that I know what it is... I mean, palm oil? Really? That stuff they put into chocolate bars when they're too cheap to use cocoa butter? Or is that palm kernel oil? :hmm: Maybe. I'm not sure. But still. Maybe I should put coconut oil inside a coconut shell, add a few scents and maybe a drop of some fancy-pants ingredient or two and call it something cool and sell it for $$$.

SHELIAANN1969
August 14th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I looked and believe they are the same (palm and palm kernal oil) hmmmmm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_oil

ETA: Here are the ingredients of Ojon restorative hair treatment: Elaeis Oleifera, Fragrance, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Serenoa Serrulata, Prunus Africana.

ETA: 2:

If someone REALLY wants to buy the Ojon, I am not trying to discourage them in any way, I mean no offense to Eric either, I just refuse to pay over 10$ an ounce for something that is basically a product I can buy for 50 cents an ounce. I am frugal like that.

When something is *perishable* I watch my pennies very closely, of course I watch my money anyway, but spending 55$ on 5 oz of product that will be gone in a month is way different than spending 55$ on a fork that I will have for years, and will not decrease much in value.

plainjanegirl
August 14th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Ojon saved my hair! Right before I joined the board I was using it to try to fix some major dryness damage to my hair and it absolutely worked. I thought I was going to have to trim 15-18" because it was wrecked, but after using the Ojon (and monoi & jojoba and going cone-free) I only need to trim about 4" to thicken up my ends. I still don't exactly know what freaked my hair out so bad, but Ojon went an awfully long way toward fixing it. Biggest thumbs up from me!

To me it smells like fresh tobacco and chocolate, with a little bit of old ashtray. If you can deal with henna, you can deal with Ojon, but it is pretty strong. I also suspect the red palm oil in Ojon products has stained my daughter's blond hair strawberry (it's pretty, but still...), so that might be a consideration for some people.

Sephora sells 3 for $33 introductory kits that have 1.3 oz tubs of the Restorative Treatment and 8 oz. bottles of the various shampoos and conditioners. I've tried the Shine and Protect version and liked it a lot, but it wasn't quite hydrating enough for me (I tend to like heavy conditioners).

So do you think your daughter's color change is now permanent? Was it a drastic change? That would be cool to get some red tones in my hair like I had when I was younger. I need to take some updated hair pics cause I think my hair color has gone more ashy since my last pics.

Sherri
August 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
They have this at QVC for about $30 so that will save some people a few $$$
I am thinking of tring this but still worried about the smell. I have read some mixed reviews over at QVC but it mainly states this is for dry, damaged hair. So unless you are in real need of hydration I would spend my money elsewhere, but after having chemical services done on my hair I think it needs some TLC:)

SimplyViki
August 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Oh, cool, I've never seen QVC before. *browses*
Thanks!

Darian Moone
August 14th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I can't imagine Ojon changing the color of anyone's hair. I've used it quite a bit and it has never added a "strawberry" tint at all.

As far as the odor goes, it's really all relative. Different people quite obviously have different reactions to fragrances. To me Ojon oil smells like a combination of chocolate and coffee. I like the scent and DH doesn't mind it either. For me, shea butter smells atrocious. I've tried many types & brands, but it just smells nasty to me. I know that others have no problem with it. Again...it's all relative.

Right now $s are tight so I am unable to replenish my supply of Ojon. I'm back to coconut oil for the time being. It works well, but weighs down my hair more than Ojon and does not give me quite the same level of softness. Don't get me wrong; I really like coconut oil. I just like the Ojon a bit better.

DH hates it when I use the coconut oil though. He can't bear the smell of coconut. The scent of something and whether or not it is determined as pleasant is most definitely a very personal thing.

Shiva
August 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM
arg. I just know I'm gonna obsess until I buy this.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/NorthernXposure/emoticons/thbrood.gif

Gigi1962
August 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I love Ojon too. :cheer: I have quite a lot of the products in the range - I especially love the glossing mist and the Daily Intensive Shine treatment.

I think the smell really is a love-it or hate-it thing. Fortunately, I love it - and it works wonders.

Shiva
August 14th, 2009, 11:32 AM
You peoples are bad news... bad, baaad, BAAAAAD.

I just ordered this off QVC:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A82148.desc.Ojon-5piece-Nurturing-Collection

lora410
August 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I came close to buying it once but it was just to pricey for the size.

lora410
August 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM
You peoples are bad news... bad, baaad, BAAAAAD.

I just ordered this off QVC:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A82148.desc.Ojon-5piece-Nurturing-Collection

Yep, this place is bad for the wallet. I have sooo many hair treatments, it's pathetic :lol:

Sissy
August 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM

I am cheap though, no way can I spend even 14$ on an ounce, an ounce! I would love to smell it, but I am just weird like that! :D

Are you going to make the homemade Ojon? I am extremely interested to hear your results.

SHELIAANN1969
August 14th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Are you going to make the homemade Ojon? I am extremely interested to hear your results.

I don't think I am going to add teh same stuff they have in theirs, maybe just the palm oil and some essential oils, or I may add shea and/or coconut oil.

Since it is primarily palm oil, I just wanted to see how that worked out by itself.

SimplyViki
August 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I don't think I am going to add teh same stuff they have in theirs, maybe just the palm oil and some essential oils, or I may add shea and/or coconut oil.

Since it is primarily palm oil, I just wanted to see how that worked out by itself.
I think the lecithin might have been a significant ingredient, too. Maybe add some egg yolk or something?

Schmoomunitions
August 15th, 2009, 09:25 AM
NOOOOOO! Dont use palm oil. Poor rhinos, orangutans, etc. Look it up, its bad for animals in Malaysia.

pink.sara
August 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM
NOOOOOO! Dont use palm oil. Poor rhinos, orangutans, etc. Look it up, its bad for animals in Malaysia.

Hi, it is possible to buy fully traceable ethically sourced palm oil. it may cost a little more or take a bit more "googling" but it is readily available.

I always try here first: www.sustainable-palmoil.org (http://www.sustainable-palmoil.org)
And these guys are pretty good for oil too: www.tropicaltraditions.com

ktani
August 15th, 2009, 10:06 AM
eric

You are thrilled with the product and how it works for you and you can afford to spend the money on it.

I think that is great! Enjoy it.

Sissy

Excellent breakdown of the ingredients. Very well done and helpful!

Rohele
August 15th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I was out today, so I popped into Sephora and smelled it. It smelled like coffee and tobacco to me - kind of a manly scent. Didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. But it was $70 CDN here so it's out of my price range, especially since I'm not sold on the smell - I might try the sample size sometime.

ericthegreat
August 15th, 2009, 11:22 PM
$70?????????! Whichever location you are going to Rohele they are ripping their customers off BIG TIME.

Even here in Times Square, the heart of the Big Apple a jar of Ojon at the Sephora location here costs $55. Altho I imagine that since this is the flagship store, they might be able to give out more discounts here I suppose.

Renbirde
August 16th, 2009, 12:04 AM
$70?????????! Whichever location you are going to Rohele they are ripping their customers off BIG TIME.
$70 CDN, Eric. Canadian dollars. It comes to about $64 USD at the current exchange rate. I guess they priced it when the dollar was worth a bit more. :shrugs:

Sokudo Ningyou
August 16th, 2009, 08:56 AM
My mom bought me some Ojon products (gods know why, she's addicted to QVC and HSN), none of which I was particularly fond of. I have two trial sizes of the treatment (one used cleanly once), as well as trial sizes of shampoo, conditioner, and some sort of spray. I've be more than happy to get rid of them if anyone wants them.

plainjanegirl
August 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
My mom bought me some Ojon products (gods know why, she's addicted to QVC and HSN), none of which I was particularly fond of. I have two trial sizes of the treatment (one used cleanly once), as well as trial sizes of shampoo, conditioner, and some sort of spray. I've be more than happy to get rid of them if anyone wants them.

I have a thread on the swap board. If you see anything you like I'd make a swap with the trial treatment stuff.

Shiva
August 16th, 2009, 09:55 AM
QVC just shipped mine out. WOOOOT!

Rohele
August 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
$70 CDN, Eric. Canadian dollars. It comes to about $64 USD at the current exchange rate. I guess they priced it when the dollar was worth a bit more. :shrugs:

Yeah, my price was in Canadian dollars. Don't worry Eric - I was shocked when I saw it too. :bigeyes:

Thanks for the applying the exchange rate Renbirde - I knew the Canadian price seemed a bit too expensive based on the current exchange rate, but was too lazy to figure it out. But it's true, the prices are based on the exchange rate when they ordered the merchandise (or so they claim, I don't ever remember seeing less expensive prices when the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar about a year ago).

CrystalStar
August 17th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I just bought some for roughly $25 on ebay! &#163;10.50 in british money :D I'm a sucker for intensive treatments!

Moonstruck
August 17th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Quick warning, I'm pretty slanted AGAINST palm oil. ^^" I'm a biased source, haha. Personally, I avoid products with palm in it because of all the socioeconomic and environmental issues surrounding it. I know there's "sustainable palm" but to me, this is dubious, especially after studying conservation biology and looking at their farms. I don't doubt that some are sustainable, but still.

Hm, haha, I know everyone now knows this product has a high level of palmitic acid (the same thing that palm oil and palm kernal oil has), but I just wanted to give people a simple, easy way of checking what oils have what fatty acids. Palmitic is one of the acids that penetrate the hair shaft the easiest.
This Soap Calculator also gives you the ration of fatty acids (http://www.soapcalc.net/calc/soapcalcWP.asp)
Avocado, Boabab, Cocoa Butter, Cottonseed/Crisco(aren't that high in palmitic, but also have decent stearic which might be good for hair?), MOWRAH (is really high in everything!), Palm (obviously), Rice Bran, Tamanu, and all the animal fats

Palm KERNAL oil has a much different chemical makeup, and if you check the thing, it's offering tons of shorter chain unsaturated fatty acids... which should still penetrate the shaft, but would probably have a different effect. It's probably a subtle difference though, but I also think PKO is more expensive the last time I checked soaping sites, haha.

Shiva
August 19th, 2009, 02:37 PM
woohoo, got my Ojon products today!

RavennaNight
August 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Ojon cracks me up. It works well, I sample some Ojon hair creme at Essentials over the weekend and my hair LOvED it. But it is so expensive and, well... it smells like wet dog! I find ojon to be quite odorous. I am tempted but I really have a hard time justifying the price.

ericthegreat
August 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Well again, as the old saying goes "Different strokes for different folks."
I personally have found Ojon to be the BEST treatment for my hair, and I will spend anything that will work magic on my hair.

Misha
August 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I too use Ojon and love the results, which are extra shine, bouncier curls, and when I do consistent weekly overnight treatments I seem to have less split ends. I think it's super (and don't mind the smell :p).

As for the cost - the Canadian Shopping Channel has a regular "show stopper" package and other great deals on Ojon. I believe that QVC in the US has specials on Ojon as well.

Shiva
August 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I must say... the oil (restorative treatment) hydrating shampoo, conditioner and styling cream are all quite nice... luxurious even.

Whatta treat!

Shiva
August 22nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
It's official. This is my newest most favoritist stuff.

I LOVE the treatment/oil. And I love the smell. To me it smells like some kind of exotic chocolate and nothing else. I don't know where people get ashtray, cigar, tobacco smell from, but I quite like it.

This stuff works wonderfully.

Sherri
August 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
I still want t otry this product but haven't find a deal that will let me turn lose of some of my $$$:silly: I will keep looking though. I may just have to try a sample to see if I even like the smell or find someone that has some unloved ojon that the are willing to swap or sell.

Shiva
August 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
I got mine on QVC.com. For $59. (?) I got a 5 piece set and am not disappointed with any of the products.

ericthegreat
August 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM

I LOVE the treatment/oil. And I love the smell. To me it smells like some kind of exotic chocolate and nothing else. I don't know where people get ashtray, cigar, tobacco smell from, but I quite like it.

This stuff works wonderfully.

Alright Shiva! High 5!!!!:cheese:

Ojon lovers unite!!!!

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 22nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Would this stuff be possible to use as a leave in for the day and rinse out the next? I often add a bit of thin conditioner to my hair because my hair just gets dry.. I've never used any Ojon product before but I am tempted to try it if it will add tons of moisture, shine, and slip!

Shiva
August 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Absolutely! You can use it like you would any oil for your hair.

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 22nd, 2009, 12:10 PM
I'm off to try the 3oz size from QVC :whistle:

pdy2kn6
August 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking but what made you want to spend $55 on the oil in the first place? How did you hear about it? Did you know anything about it before you baught it? I'm looking forward to hearing others feedback.

curls2grow
August 22nd, 2009, 01:22 PM

This stuff works wonderfully.Shiva, I've been watching your comments from the beginning of the thread. :D I'm in the boat with you, that paying for a good deal on the Ojon Restorative is worth it (I am not a DIY person but love reading about how successful others are with their endeavors). Glad to hear that you like this; I got 2 samples packets with various Sephora orders so I am finally motivated to try one, maybe next weekend.

Eric, thank you so much for starting the thread on this! :)

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 22nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Hope you don't mind me asking but what made you want to spend $55 on the oil in the first place? How did you hear about it? Did you know anything about it before you baught it? I'm looking forward to hearing others feedback.

I'm not Eric but I know for myself.. If I read a review or a product looks interesting and I have some extra $$ on hand.. I give it a try. If it doesn't work I figure a way to use the product until its gone (like adding to deep moisture treatments and so on) and simply move on to the next. I am always on the look out for something that makes my hair amazing :)

Shiva
August 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Shiva, I've been watching your comments from the beginning of the thread. :D

I am so glad somebody reads my posts. Thank you! :D

*edit - oh yeah, I have no problem spending $$ on a good product. I scratch my head when I hear of the price of some hair toys tho, but that's just me.

ktani
August 22nd, 2009, 05:15 PM
Just because I am in an enabling mood, lol

3 pages of Ojon from the Canadian tsc.ca (the shopping channel)
http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/category/beauty.do?e=1&N=100038+114705

curls2grow
August 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Okay, Ojon RT aficionados..... tomorrow I am going to give my sample packet a whirl. I have a question. This may be a general DT question, but I'm asking it here since it will involve the RT specifically...

Since this is supposed to go on dry hair, and stay on the hair for a decent amount of time, I was thinking of putting it on my hair, then putting on a plastic shower cap, and then use my treadmill (walking) for 45 minutes. I figured I'd put the RT waiting time to good use. Then would come the rinsing out of the RT after exercise.

Do you think that mixing some perspiration (I'm sure my scalp will perspire more with a plastic cap over it while exercising) with the RT might muck things up?

Madame J
August 29th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Okay, Ojon RT aficionados..... tomorrow I am going to give my sample packet a whirl. I have a question. This may be a general DT question, but I'm asking it here since it will involve the RT specifically...

Since this is supposed to go on dry hair, and stay on the hair for a decent amount of time, I was thinking of putting it on my hair, then putting on a plastic shower cap, and then use my treadmill (walking) for 45 minutes. I figured I'd put the RT waiting time to good use. Then would come the rinsing out of the RT after exercise.

Do you think that mixing some perspiration (I'm sure my scalp will perspire more with a plastic cap over it while exercising) with the RT might muck things up?

I do heavy oilings and pre-shampoo treatments almost every Saturday because I run long, and usually keep my hair covered anyway, and I figure the heat from my head will help things get into the hair shaft. Just make sure to rinse right after you're done, so the sweat doesn't dry on your hair. I even think that oiling before exercise ought to protect your hair from some of the damaging properties of salty sweat, but I have no proof of that.

cocolover
August 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM
FYI The ojon special is coming on QVC tonight and tomorrow

Shiva
August 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
FYI The ojon special is coming on QVC tonight
I'm gonna miss Seinfeld? ack!

Cherry_Sprinkle
September 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I got this stuff on my hair now, planning to wash it in the morning so I figured why not do a deep treatment :) I put a good heavy amount (chilled) in my hands and smoothed down the length making sure to pay special attention to the ends then wrapped up in a cinnamon bun using their wooden comb to hold it lol. I'll put it up in a cap tonight and wash when I wake up. I'll report back tomorrow!

*edit* and lots of people have reported it smelling like different things.. my husband says it smells like incense to him but to me it smells like a cup of mocha coffee with a tiny bit of cigarette smoke.. not horrible but not something I'd buy a perfume of lol

Shiva
September 18th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I am noticing my hair prefers the hydrating shampoo and conditioner, too (over Aubrey Organics!). I even switched my shampoo and conditioner up the time before the last shampoo to see if I got ok results with my old products. Results? It just didn't stand up to the results I get with Ojon.

I'm an Ojon junky now.

ericthegreat
September 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM
This thread is still ALIVE????? I'm the originator of this thread and even I thought it went to LHC heaven!

Shiva, I think its official. We're Ojon addicts. Mmmm, I can still smell the sweet, nutty chocolately aroma in my hair. :cheese:

Shiva
September 18th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I just slathered my locks in it, too.... I love it!

Cherry_Sprinkle
September 19th, 2009, 02:10 AM
I am not sure how my hair feels about this product.. :shrug: I don't think it loves it or hates it. I find if I lather a lot on, I have to clarify or at the very least shampoo it out.. drying without any product my hair is full of flyaways but it always feels good when I put the product in.. so I might try leaving this on as a leave in when I bun and use less product and see what my hair thinks then...

Eric: don't you CO? how do you remove the excess product?

I think I have figured out a way I can use this!!!! I am using it for all of my updo's as a frizz tamer and an end protector! It's heavy enough that it keeps my hair together, doesn't weigh down my curls, and seems to work well with my oils. I can't apply this stuff wet but when I do dry as a final styling step or just before I bun up then it works beautifully.

Thanks Eric!

Debra83
September 30th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I already have it and use it once in awhile. I love it too. I was actually watching the shopping channel last night and put in an order. Just don't know if my credit card will accept it or not for their SHOW STOPPER!!! Really good deal, bunch of OJON products for a REALLY good price!

After watching and buying last night, I put my restorative treatment on and left it on all night and most of the day, then I Lustrous Henna'd over it - and I LOVE the colour I got - just LOVE it. I don't know if the Ojon had anything to do with it or not, but I really like it. And my hair definitely feels softer after the Henna treatment this time, more so than usual.

Sooooo strange that you bring this up today!!!

I already have it and use it once in awhile. I love it too. I was actually watching the shopping channel last night and put in an order. Just don't know if my credit card will accept it or not for their SHOW STOPPER!!! Really good deal, bunch of OJON products for a REALLY good price!

After watching and buying last night, I put my restorative treatment on and left it on all night and most of the day, then I Lustrous Henna'd over it - and I LOVE the colour I got - just LOVE it. I don't know if the Ojon had anything to do with it or not, but I really like it. And my hair definitely feels softer after the Henna treatment this time, more so than usual.

Sooooo strange that you bring this up today!!!

OOOPS, JUST saw the date of the post above mine, this is an older thread!!!!

Shiva
September 30th, 2009, 10:57 PM
OOOPS, JUST saw the date of the post above mine, this is an older thread!!!!
It's not really an older thread.

We Ojon lovers love to sing those Ojon praises.

I like to put the treatment in everyday until washday... by then I look like a total greaser! but it just feels so good!

ps - I work at home, so I can grease up and grease out at will.

:)

Debra83
September 30th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I envy you!!! I work in a bank, so definitely no layering of Ojon will be happening!!!!

I sure slathered it on last night though!!! I think it smells like chocolate!!!! But, I'm wired that way!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2126&pictureid=51600

I hope this shows through well. My colour after an all night Ojon treatment, and a Lustrous Henna application today.

Oh well. I tried.

RedJen
September 30th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I LOVE Ojon! It's so funny how people react to the smell. I love it, and thankfully, so does my family. I discovered it while browsing a Sephora store with a friend, so I got to try some on my hands and nails and put a little on the tail of my braid.

I found a good deal on a sample pack at Sephora's online store. The small container lasts a really long time for me because I use it very sparingly.

Gladtobemom
September 30th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I've got to admit . . . I like the smell and I use it as a hair oil. Just a couple of rice grains worth at a time applied with the flats of my hands.

I use it in Frizz Buster Gel mixed with aloe.

I have used red palm oil in intensive treatments and it is comparable . . . but I like Ojon better.

I also like the Tawaka conditioner.

Of course, I haven't actually bought any Ojon myself, It was a present from a friend. Then, when she found out I liked it, she bought me a huge salon tub of it. It is awfully pricey.

Debra83
October 1st, 2009, 12:32 AM
I've got to admit . . . I like the smell and I use it as a hair oil. Just a couple of rice grains worth at a time applied with the flats of my hands.

I use it in Frizz Buster Gel mixed with aloe.

I have used red palm oil in intensive treatments and it is comparable . . . but I like Ojon better.

Of course, I haven't actually bought any Ojon myself, It was a present from a friend. Then, when she found out I liked it, she bought me a huge salon tub of it. It is awfully pricey.

Wow!!! You're blessed to have a friend like that!!! :cheese:

sapphire-o
October 1st, 2009, 12:48 AM
People are definitely all different. I got a sample packet of it and used it. Thought it smelled pretty strong. Kinda a mix of second hand smoke and rancid old lady perfume. Brings back the memory of being in extremely crowded public area, being squeezed with strangers and breathing in their different odors. I then tried it on DH and he thought it smelled hideous, too.

I liked the result, though. If they ever come out with unscented version I'd buy some for sure. I wonder why they don't have several different scents anyway? I mean if a lot of the people who tried it wouldn't buy it just because of the scent. It can't hurt to come up with another scent. I'd vote for vanilla bean. :)

kwaniesiam
October 10th, 2009, 01:15 AM
I just tried a sample packet of this stuff. I HATE the smell, but it feels nice so far so I'll deal with it and wash it out tomorrow morning. I might try just pure palm oil without the other stuff if I end up liking this :)

Demetrue
October 12th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I love the smell - it smells like rich coffee, some white chocolate and an unsmoked cigar.

luluj
October 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM
So do you think your daughter's color change is now permanent? Was it a drastic change? That would be cool to get some red tones in my hair like I had when I was younger. I need to take some updated hair pics cause I think my hair color has gone more ashy since my last pics.

If you read the leaflet that comes with the Restorative Treatment it "does" state that it may cause "temporary" staining on white hair. My hair has a lot of silver in it and I most certainly have some staining and I don't like the way it looks. The smell can be overwhelming. Temporary???? I don't think so:steam If you have light hair, do a strand test before you use it.

curls2grow
October 13th, 2009, 08:03 PM
If you read the leaflet that comes with the Restorative Treatment it "does" state that it may cause "temporary" staining on white hair. My hair has a lot of silver in it and I most certainly have some staining and I don't like the way it looks. The smell can be overwhelming. Temporary???? I don't think so:steam If you have light hair, do a strand test before you use it.I didn't notice any staining. I've got silvers and white streaks. Definitely a YMMV thing. Thanks for mentioning this!

Shiva
October 14th, 2009, 10:12 AM
If you read the leaflet that comes with the Restorative Treatment it "does" state that it may cause "temporary" staining on white hair. My hair has a lot of silver in it and I most certainly have some staining and I don't like the way it looks. The smell can be overwhelming. Temporary???? I don't think so:steam If you have light hair, do a strand test before you use it.
Ahaaaa! Now I know why my silvers seem less noticable after I've oiled for a few days and then washed. Just another benefit of Ojon. Yay!

This is good to know... may I ask what you like about it? I have been using the Ojon hydrating shampoo and conditioner and I love it... even better than the Aubrey Organic honeysuckle rose shampoo and conditioner. Nothing seems to compare to the Ojon for me.

ericthegreat
October 14th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Shiva, we need to contact Ojon and DEMAND that they pay us commission for all our rave reviews on their products! :toast:

Shiva
October 14th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Shiva, we need to contact Ojon and DEMAND that they pay us commission for all our rave reviews on their products! :toast:
Agreed!

Seriously tho, this has been the only consistant product for me that gives excellent results everytime.

We should, at least, make a review here on it in the reviews section.

:beercheer:

Also, I am miles and miles away from any Sephora, but I went to the local mall and discovered that JC Penny now has a Sephora stand/section in it. http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/NorthernXposure/emoticons/whoohoo.gif WOOOOT

ttubabe
October 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I just purchased the Ojon yesterday and I'm waiting until tonight to slather it on my hair. I'm not too crazy about the smell but its not bad. I got the product for $21.00 at Ulta Beauty. It isn't the large tub of course but I figured $21.00 to try it wouldn't be too bad and I could afford at the time so I'll let you all know how it goes! I'm so excited I hope it works!!!

Shiva
October 14th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I just purchased the Ojon yesterday and I'm waiting until tonight to slather it on my hair. I'm not too crazy about the smell but its not bad. I got the product for $21.00 at Ulta Beauty. It isn't the large tub of course but I figured $21.00 to try it wouldn't be too bad and I could afford at the time so I'll let you all know how it goes! I'm so excited I hope it works!!!
About the smell - I find it disipates after a bit.... and yes! let us know how you like it!

ericthegreat
October 14th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hey guys, I went out for dinner in the city tonight and whaddayouknow there is a Sephora store on the same block! Ahhhh the joys of living in NYC. :toast:
So you know I just had to walk in and run straight to the haircare section to do what else? Pick up the 'Try Me' jar of Ojon oil. I know, I already have a jar of Ojon at home and I wasn't even going to buy anything tonight, but still I had to indulge in the nutty Ojon goodness. I scooped up the solid chunks of the oil and melted it between my hands(ohh that felt so good!) and smoothed it over the ends and surface of my hair. My hair is now super shiny and my hands feel all warm from the oil! Yay! :cheese:

Debra83
October 15th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Yay!!!! I got my showstopper order of OJON from the Shopping Channel finally!!! I've tried everything in it so far from last night!!! My hair is shiny and smells good too!!!

The only thing I'm worried about is the hairspray because it has macedemia nuts in it. My ds is allergic to peanuts - so I hope it doesn't affect him.

ttubabe
October 18th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I'm in love! This product is great. The girls were right the smell is not bad, you get used to it after a while. My hair feels amazing. Soft, silky, shiny!!! I'll be buying the big tub soon!

Shiva
October 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM
woooHOOO... another convert!

I need to get more of the hydrating shampoo. I love that stuff.

I haven't been this happy with a hair product line since first finding Alterna shampoo and conditioners back in the 90's.

friskybiznus
October 18th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Wow, you guys are really making me curious....

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I need to get more of the hydrating shampoo. I love that stuff.

Is this silicone and sulfate free? I can't seem to find an ingredient list on anything online! :rolleyes:

pilateschick7
October 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Here is another convert:)
I purchased Ojon Restorative hair treatment on Ebay last week. One week of use and I am absolutely in love. It makes my hair so silky but not weighed down. I can't even tell that I need a trim since using it to oil my ends.

I also purchased the Ojon Pretreatment and plan to use both over the weekend.

The smell is odd but I found myself liking it..sort of earthy.

I had been using Emu Oil but found it really made my curls stringy. I bet it was user error on my part.

I am now debating what Ojon products to order next.:)

Canarygirl
October 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I think I posted that I have some of the Ojon restorative treatment and I use it as a deep conditioner the night before a wash. Is there any other way that you all are using it? Is anyone using it on a daily basis? I have fine hair (read: flyaway) so although it needs help, it can get weighed down easily.

pilateschick7
October 20th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I found this info on Amazon.com

Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo

Ingredients
Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Elaeis Oleifera (American Palm Oil), Perfume (Fragrance), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Amodimethicone, C12 14 Secpareth 7, Polyquaternium 7, C12 14 Secpareth 5, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame Seed Oil), Propylene Glycol, Lecithin, Buxus Chinensis (Simmondsia Chinensis Jojoba Seed Oil), Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut Oil), Orbignya Oleifera (Orbignaya Oleifera Seed Oil), Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil), Urtica Dioica (Nettle Extract), Magnesium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Citronella, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazoline, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 40 (CI 16035), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Ojon Hydrating Thickening Conditioner
Ingredients
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Oleifera (Palm) Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Buxus Chinensis (Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hydrolyzed Sericin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Peg-2 Dimeadowfoamamidoethylmonium Methosulfate, Creatine, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Amodimethicone, Lauryldimonium H Hydrolyzed Keratin, C 12-14 Sec-Pareth-7, C 12-14 Sec-Pareth-5, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Lecithin, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Magnesium Nitrate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Ci 19140 (Yellow 5), Ci 42090 (Blue 1), Ci 14700 (Red 4), Parfum (Fragrance).

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I think I posted that I have some of the Ojon restorative treatment and I use it as a deep conditioner the night before a wash. Is there any other way that you all are using it? Is anyone using it on a daily basis? I have fine hair (read: flyaway) so although it needs help, it can get weighed down easily.
I use it just like any other oil :)

pilateschick7
October 20th, 2009, 02:52 PM
CanaryGirl,
The Restorative treatment is what I use daily on my ends and smoothed over the length to help with fly away hair. My buns are looking much more presentable on 2nd and 3rd day hair. This is a miracle for me:) I was previously a daily wash girl. How people lasted a week between washing blew my gourd.

Canarygirl
October 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM
CanaryGirl,
The Restorative treatment is what I use daily on my ends and smoothed over the length to help with fly away hair. My buns are looking much more presentable on 2nd and 3rd day hair. This is a miracle for me:) I was previously a daily wash girl. How people lasted a week between washing blew my gourd.

that's really interesting. How do you think that this product has helped extend your washing time (I would love that for myself). My scalp can only go a couple of days before it looks like it needs a washing, though.

SHELIAANN1969
October 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Someone sent me a sample of the Ojon and I didn't find it smokey or cigar-like at all, to me, it smelled like baby powder.

It could have been the sales womans perfume who put it in the sample container, but I couldn't stand the smell. It was weird.

Olivia23
November 1st, 2009, 01:03 AM
Ok now I had to buy some. I'm buying it off eBay because it seems to be a little cheaper. I cannot wait to get it and try it out. I just hope I can stand the smell.

Debra83
November 1st, 2009, 10:11 PM
I posted a little while ago that I was worried my son might react to the hairspray because of the macedemia nuts in it.....and I ENDED up reacting to it - pretty sure. I'll have to give it another shot before I know for sure it was that or not. It really worked wonderfully on my hair though....so I hope it wasn't that.

It was a really, really windy day, and on my lunch hour I was walking to the grocery store, and my hair was whipping me in the face because of the wind. When I got back to work, I had a welt on my cheek, that lasted a few days. I took allergy meds and everything. So maybe my hair injured me or I reacted to the hairspray...not sure. Scared to try again!

Stevy
November 2nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Eric, your hair looks amazing! I will definitely try the Ojon deep conditioner if I can find it!

Gingevere
November 2nd, 2009, 06:24 AM

I'm sorry, but $55 is too much money for someone going off to college in less than a year. I bought the cheaper travel size of this Ojon stuff once and it worked very well, but not really any better than other oil treatments I've tried. The smell was okay, not my favorite. I could definitely see some people being turned off by it.

Those of you who plan to buy- go with the smaller size first. I'm glad I did.

pilateschick7
November 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
I only buy Ojon on Ebay. I have seen prices in the $25 plus free shipping for 3.1oz range.

Part of me would seriously consider paying full price as well as this works for me, if Ebay was not an option.

Currently Sallie Mae has a spare bedroom at my house:) If you can, try to avoid student loans. Education is worth it though.

EmberCeleste
November 3rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Thought it might be worth mentioning, but at Sephora they will make you a little sample container of it. All you have to do is ask if you can get a sample to take home. I've gotten a sample from 2 of the local JC Penney Sephora's. I think I've gotten enough in free sample to use a total of about 4 times. Plenty to see whether I liked it or not.

Tovah
November 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Someone sent me a sample of the Ojon and I didn't find it smokey or cigar-like at all, to me, it smelled like baby powder.

It could have been the sales womans perfume who put it in the sample container, but I couldn't stand the smell. It was weird.

I think that may have been the Hydrating Styling Cream. I just got back from Sephora and bought one of the 5 product kits ($50). I smelled all the parts of the package. The styling cream smells like old lady's talcum powder. The stuff in the tub definitely smells like a combination of chocolate and cigars. I wonder if I would have thought that if I hadn't read this thread. I asked two women who were looking at something near by to smell it and they didn't like it at all. At this point the health of my hair is more important. The shampoo and conditioner do smell very good.

BunnyBee
November 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Ok, I'm intrigued. I found a 50ml of Ojon on eBay for &#163;6 and free shipping in UK but I'm a little wary of buying (too good to be true?)... I guess you can't know what's really in things on eBay... Anyway I think I'm going to have to ask for some for Christmas :D

Tovah
November 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
I'm sitting here with the treatment on my head and I have managed to clear the room of all other people. My son walked in and said that the house smells like a head shop. My younger son went to my desk and brought out a box of amber that I have. The treatment is most definitely scented with amber and a bit of other stuff. It does feel good.

KiraCurls
November 3rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
My Ojon finally came in the mail today! I'm sitting here with the RT in my hair with fingers crossed! Tomorrow I'll wash it out with the Ultra Hydrating shampoo and condish. ^_^

Tovah
November 4th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I let mine stay in for a little over 2 hours and then washed it out and conditioned. I couldn't afford the time to wash it out in the morning and then go out with wet hair.

I let it air dry and went to sleep. There was a tremendous difference even after one treatment. My hair was thicker and curlier-the curls may be because there was no frizz. I put it up on one of those grabber thingies -I don't know what they're called. Everyone at work noticed the difference immediately. It did make my hair a bit darker though, but I don't mind that. Even the woman who told me that I would have to cut all of my hair off told me that it looked incredibly improved.

A co-worker has a jar that she started, but can't use because she wears dreds and said that she couldn't get the treatment into them deep enough or to wash out so she is bringing in the unused portion for me.

How did you do with your treatment Kiracurls?

babybabycat
November 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I use the Ojon too, it really works. My hair is blonde with some highlights. I have noticed that it stains my highlights kinda a reddish tone. However, it has made my hair so silky and soft, so I don't mind the stain. I plan on using it once a week, on the ends, mostly. I think it will help me grow those darn highlights out.

I put it on my DH's hair over the weekend, he was not to fond of the smell, but it made his hair look incredible! He said, "I can't escape the smell", ha ha. I think it smells great, especially on my husband's hair because it has an earthy masculine smell.

KiraCurls
November 5th, 2009, 08:55 AM
My treatment went fairly well, I bunned it up and slept in it and washed it out the next day with the Ultra Hydrating set. I think my hair is in enough need of TLC that it helped a little, it's definitely softer and my mom says it's a lot less frizzy, but no matter how much I put on the ends of my hair they never seemed to be saturated... I guess they were thirsty! So they're still a bit dry, but fortunately, I have lots more treatment to give them. :cool:

And tomorrow is my day off too... :eyebrows:

Xepher
November 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Some times I really, really hate living in Canada.

I went to Sephora today during my ventures in the local mall, and looked for the Ojon treatment... Get this, it was selling for 70 DOLLARS! Thats a lot more than 50/55 to me! Whats the deal, man?! Ugh I was SO angry. I REALLY wanted to try it, but there's no way in heck I'm paying close to 100 dollars for a hair treatment unless it can prove to me that its going to completely turn my rat's nest into thick, shiny, healthy locks of hair :rolleyes: No thank you.

Instead, I spent 23$ plus tax and bought the hydrating conditioner instead... If it works nicely enough (Which it likely won't because my hair is evil) I may eventually give in and try the treatment... but jeez... thats WAY too much.. Maybe if they gave me a tub twice the size of that I'd buy it.

KiraCurls
November 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Xepher, I would try purchasing on Ebay. The conditioner is very nice too though!

My hair is officially a lot nicer since starting Ojon. I am so excited to get 'pretty hair' comments now instead of just 'boy your hair is long' comments!

ericthegreat
November 15th, 2009, 09:31 PM
That's wonderful news KiraCurls! I'm glad that you too have discovered how magical Ojon Restorative Treatment is for your hair!

Xepher
November 16th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Xepher, I would try purchasing on Ebay. The conditioner is very nice too though!

My hair is officially a lot nicer since starting Ojon. I am so excited to get 'pretty hair' comments now instead of just 'boy your hair is long' comments!

Silly as this sounds, I'm a little afraid of ordering off Ebay :rolleyes: I probably will resort to that if things with the conditioner work out though. Glad its making a change for you!

ericthegreat
December 13th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I had to bump up my own thread again. This magical Ojon nut oil is so effective, I really want everyone to at least know about it.

The Ojon nut oil Restorative Treatment has allowed me to go a full 8 months without an official haircut at the salon(I still S&Ded in between), and as you all know I've been highlighting my hair and switching up my shade of color ever since this past summer. I credit both my nightly CO routine and this Ojon treatment for protecting my hair against serious damage from all the bleach I've exposed my hair to. I will of course try to limit my bleach exposure to only my root touch-ups from now on. I know, I know I could have avoided even the potential for damage if I had kept my hair virgin. But hey, ya only live once!

And again, how this oil treatment works is that you apply the Ojon nut oil to your hair when it is dry. I like to use it as an overnight treatment, so I cover my pillows when I sleep. The longer you leave the oil in, the more time you allow for your hair to absorb it. When I wake up, I will shower and use a small amount of shampoo to wash the oil out of my hair. I only need maybe two quarters full of shampoo total. Now remember, my hair is a full 40 inches long, so for those of you with much shorter lengths you can use less shampoo. And once I wash the oil out of my hair, I then apply my Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner, leave that on for 3 minutes, and then rinse that out and voila! I'm left with shiny, lush locks of silk. You guys really should try this treatment.

You can find it in any Sephora store location, or you can also order it online, Simply google Ojon and you will find it.

christi.adell
December 18th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I just tried my Ojon I received as a sample from Sephora.

OMG.

I love it. I also love the smell. :) Definitely buying the full size and definitely off of Ebay. Half price ya'll.

Alveradis
December 18th, 2009, 06:02 PM
i have to say i love this stuff too,once presented by my mom i put it on once weekly and it works out so good on my hair.i leave it in over night washing it out the next day.afterwards i gain real silky and soft hair texture(the last two inches of my hair suffer from bleaching).now the pot is nearly empty and my next birthday is far away,so i'm trying to get similar performance with red palm oil from columbia which is one of the main ingredients,but i think my hair benefits as well from the lecithin contented.so lets see...:confused:

sarahbrownie
December 18th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I was so excited to see this as a sample at Sephora.com. I have it in my hair right now! The smell is very nice! A mix between caramel and coffee.

Okay, let me say how great this stuff is! The shine factor in my hair has gone 10x, and it feels so soft and fine. I'm getting more as soon as I can afford it.

christi.adell
December 21st, 2009, 07:14 AM
It's been a few days since I've done this treatment and my hair is still awesome. omg omg omg. Love it! :)

sarahbrownie
December 21st, 2009, 11:55 PM
It's been a few days since I've done this treatment and my hair is still awesome. omg omg omg. Love it! :)

Same here! I was really expecting my hair to be nice for a day and all the effects to be gone after I washed my hair again. I did and my hair is still so soft and nice. :cheese: This stuff will be my next splurge at Sephora.

Cherry_Sprinkle
December 22nd, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'm still using it :) I load up the night before I shampoo, and then I use it to tame flyaways that my usual routine misses.. I bought the full size tub in August or September and I have hardly made a dent in the stuff and I use A LOT of it!

It really helps keep my ends moisturized. :cheese:

bahannas
March 4th, 2010, 07:37 PM
So I caved last weekend and bought some Ojon. Yeah, the big old $60 tub. Happy birthday/Christmas to me! :rolleyes: Hehe, anyways, it came in the mail today. I have to say that when I opened the box I was expecting the worst. After sorting through all the little pamphlets that told of the "people of beautiful hair" or whatever, I finally got brave enough to open the jar and take a whiff. I was pleasantly surprised! I actually liked the smell, it seemed to be very nutty with a slight cigar smell, which I didn't mind. Reminds me of how my dad's friend Blair smells, very masculine.

Anyway, I took the wooden comb and scraped some off in my hands, almost a teaspoon of it. It melted nicely and spread evenly. I put my hair in a bun and left it like that for about two and 1/2 hours, then jumped in the shower (Thursday is wash day :D). I went on with my usual routine and when I rinsed, my hair felt niiccee and smooth. Plus when I got out and had pat dried it a bit, it had already formed some lovely waves! My hair is still damp, but so far's so good. :cool:

Just wanted to share. :o

CavyQueen
March 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Good for you! It's important to splurge every now and then. I've tried Ojon pre-poo treatment before and loved it. I loved it so much that I purchased plain old pure palm oil to do oilings with. Ojon makes really great conditioners too. Enjoy it!!!!!

my2cats1
March 5th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I finally splurged and tried it, too. I know it's supposed to be basicly the same as coconut oil, but it works better for me. It spreads easily, has a better consistency. I think it is a bit heavier than coconut oil, and I don't seem to need as much of the ojon as I did coconut oil. And no more of the "frozen hair problem" that coconut oil gives -- I can use Ojon in the winter. I can already tell that the tub I bought will last me forever, so the price will even out over the months. I do think that it helped thicken up my ends a bit. Yes, the smell is a bit strong....not unpleasant, but strong. Are you listening, Ojon makers?

gmdiaz
March 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I bought a tub from a seller on Ebay for about $35 (compare at $55). . .and received it tonight!

So while watching the new Blu-Ray release of the original, but enhanced, Star Trek episodes, I opened up the tub and checked it out:

The fragrance is strong. And it does smell like fresh, unlit cigars covered in thick, nutty chocolate to me but it's not a bad smell at all. I don't LOVE it but I do like it. I think it's very pleasant, actually. I expected to hate it but I don't.

I scooped up a small amount and warmed it up in the palms of my hands and applied it to my dry strands. I did this quite a few times and really oiled up my hair. I coiled my hair up in a loose bun, fastened the bun with mini claws then shower capped it. Then on top of the shower cap, I put on my ugly little heat cap, strapped under the chin (yes, my husband laughed at me, oh well) and let my hair heat up about ten minutes, then took the cap off.

The oil really seems to absorb well. For instance, my hands were coated in the oil but it quickly soaked in and has left my hands feeling soft and non-greasy. And my hair doesn't feel crunchy funky like it has with an equal amount of coconut oil. This oil really does feel different. My hair already feels very soft and supple.

I'll sleep with the oil in my hair overnight and shampoo in the morning. I'll probably use my Abba Basic Shampoo. I can't wait to see the results. Might be good. Might be bad. lol

More tomorrow!

gmdiaz
March 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Well, I do just love this conditioner! I didn't want to wash toooo much, so I did a really light shampoo after the overnight soaking. I used Abba Basic Shampoo, heavily diluted.

And I really didn't get enough of the oils out but it was really just the ends that had a bit too much. I noticed at the end of the day that the oiled ends, attracted a TON of dust. I could wave the ends around and dust flew off like a snow storm!

The following morning, I conditioned with Zarran Clarifying Conditioner and then shampooed with Loreal something or other in the pink bottle.. . .followed up with a light conditioning of Aura Cherry Bark Conditioner.

Am now having a really good curly hair day. My tailbone length hair really shortened up with the extra curl. . .to about hip level.

Feels good though. . .

I also got a bottle of the Ojon Revitalizing Mist. I just misted on a TINY bit and whooosh my hair felt like silk. You'd have to be careful using it though. It has cones and updo's would be impossible! But for the days you want to go long and silky without tangles, this is a GO!