PDA

View Full Version : I like this "no conditioner" results

lora410
February 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
I read a post about not using conditioner and I though what the heck I will try it.

before I was doing: day 1 was, day 2 co, day 3 co, day 4 wash etc. My hair was getting stings and lank.

So like I used to do with poo bars I washed, rinsed, acv and light oiled. Oi, I like it. My hair isn't voluminous as with poo bars and I do have to extra oil the ends to prevent dryness but my hair is very soft and shiney. Any others jump on the bandwagon?

neon-dream
February 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Ohh I'm not sure if I could give up my conditioners!
I might give this a try at the weekend though, just for the laughs!
I'm glad it worked out for you :)

DragonLady
February 23rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
I quit using conditioner many years ago, as I didn't like the way it made my hair feel. But I came back to it when I first came here.

Now...I keep finding other things I like just as well, I think. I keep using some Suave waterlilies stuff I do like, but I'm kinda leaning toward replacing it altogether with SMT-type treatments.

suicides_eve
February 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
i don't use them all the time just like once or twice a week the rest of the time i am wo thats what works best for my hair.

glad you found somthing that works for you!!

OhioLisa
February 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Since I started using Dairy Whip, I do much better without conditioner. I don't even need oils until day 2.

Katze
February 24th, 2009, 02:15 AM
It sounds like you were using too much conditioner too often before - could that be?

I only put conditioner on the length and/or the very ends. Before LHC, I never used conditioner because I thought it made my hair 'greasy.' Now I am just careful how much and where - never, ever on the scalp.

But you have to find what works for you! :)

RancheroTheBee
February 24th, 2009, 02:25 AM
I'm slightly terrified by the idea, but I might just join you.

Fencai
February 24th, 2009, 04:44 AM
i dont usually use it myself.
Only occasionally.

Right now, I alternate between soapnuts and an acv rinse, or poo bar with catnip rinse, and only when i can really feel that I need it (or ive taken a shower that's MUCH too hot) I'll use CO

intothemist1999
February 24th, 2009, 04:50 AM
The times that I wash my hair bent over the tub, I don't condition because it's harder to rinse out = harder on my back. During those times I use a little bit more oil on the ends than I normally would.

I haven't paid much attention to it in regards using it long-term, although sometimes it works very well! I normally CO and even if I W&C, I find my ends are so fly-away and my hair can be very staticky certain times of year, that I think I really need the conditioner.

HildeMV
February 24th, 2009, 05:01 AM
My hair gets horrible if i don't use a conditioner, i don't think I want to try it.

SHELIAANN1969
February 24th, 2009, 06:13 AM
My hair has been feeling limp between washes, but there is no way I could go without conditioner, my hair would be un-combable.

I did switch to a poo bar last night and I didn't use as much conditioner as normal. My hair feels full, but weird. :rolleyes:

I am glad the new routine is working for you! :flower:

lora410
February 24th, 2009, 06:15 AM
My hair has been feeling limp between washes, but there is no way I could go without conditioner, my hair would be un-combable.

I did switch to a poo bar last night and I didn't use as much conditioner as normal. My hair feels full, but weird. :rolleyes:

I am glad the new routine is working for you! :flower:

It will take about a week for the weird coated feeling to go away from the poo bar :)

paper
February 24th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I tryed this experiment my last wash. I used diluted shampoo only. It left my hair dry and frizzy. It did have more bounce though. I don't think it's worth the trade off. I'll just try cutting down on conditioner.

I've never tryed shampoo bars, thats something I want to try some day!

mellie
February 24th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I haven't used conditioner in many, many years! My hair is plenty oily enough on its own, haha! :-)

Finoriel
February 24th, 2009, 06:24 AM
I did not use a store-bought conditioner since several years, :shrug: never liked the lank and slimy feeling of them. An acidic rinse is my "conditioning agent" of choice to smooth the hair cuticle and I oil my length as needed.

SweetPea88
February 24th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I've done this in the past but I still always come back to using conditioner. It definitely make my hair more voluminous but I think I still needed some more moisture. I'm not sure if I oiled regularly then, though.

rymorg2
February 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
On a normal wash day it's just DW and catnip. But on the rare occasions (once a month or so) I do a shampoo with regular poo since I buildup fast because of hard water, I have to use conditioner. I couldn't do a regular poo without it yet. I'm working on it though.

JamieLeigh
February 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I think my hair just likes its conditioner waaaaay too much. Even on the days when I clarify (every 2 weeks), you can tell a difference in the texture of my hair, and when I put it up there are a lot of fly-away hairs that don't normally show up when I CO. My hair was pretty limp too, at first when I started the CO...but then I realized that even with a greasy scalp, I didn't have to wash every day. I think that was my major problem!

I'm glad you've found a routine that works for you...I'm still looking for my hair zen! ;)

Debra83
February 24th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Would human brillo pad strike fear in your hearts?!!!!

I'm pretty sure that's what would happen, but I'll try it out when I don't have to go anywhere that's public!!!

I'll post a picture too, with a warning!!!

Arctic
February 24th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I like conditioner but lately have been reducing the amounth I use and to rinse it all out. I realized many of my hair problems (that had been going on for months and months) were results of leaving rinse out conditioner on my length. Dramatic improvement in the tangliness and the way it behaves.

HairyCarrie
February 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I skipped conditioner recently and was really surprised that my hair felt just as good, or better. I have noticed my hair is a little more flyaway however. I think that's the reason, or maybe it's just the weather? :shrug:

Anyway, when I do use CO these days it's just a very teensy diluted amount and I rinse it off my hair immediately.

I haven't quite figured out what my regime should be as I'm still experimenting. But I don't want to spend more $$ on something I really don't need. Too many other cool hair things to buy instead! :grin:

catfish
February 24th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I'm with you:D I've not used commercial conditioner for months. I like catnip, oils, butters, and food stuff way too much.

-in the back of the wagon making daisy crowns...

Kimberly
February 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I've got it down to washing with a CV bar, rinsing with ACV and then cold water, and that's it. I used to have issues with frizz and static, but this routine, along with trimming some damaged ends and using a wood comb, does the trick for me.

kdaniels8811
February 25th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I do not use a commercial conditioner, just a 'poo bar, ACV rinse, and catnip soak at least every other day as I can... The catnip does wonders for my hair. I can comb through sopping wet hair with no tangles or breakage.

CaityBear
February 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I can't stand to not use conditioner. My hair gets too tangly and there's no way I can comb it at all. I can't even finger comb it unless I use at least a little conditioner.