PDA

View Full Version : My No-poo diary

HennaMuse
February 23rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
I just started keep a diary of my attempt at going no-poo.

I've got a feeling that learning to work with my hair rather than fighting a battle against it is the key to growing it longer and healthier. I'm posting all the herbal concoctions I'm using and their results too.

I'm documenting my journey here:
My No Poo Diary (http://www.hennasuppliers.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=46&Itemid=93)

Thanks for looking!

Jen

Susana
February 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Cool! I am doing the same (WO), but I didn't keep a journal. Sounds interesting, keep us posted!!

HoneyMouse
February 23rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
I'm doing it as well with soda bic and acv but not though of doing a journal. Its approx 24 hrs since I did my hair and its not gone greasy yet *yippee* tis a bit dry tho.

best of luck HennaMuse

ratgirldjh
February 23rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
i am thinking about going WO again. last summer i had really nice hair doing WO - but caved when in the 2nd month i started getting the black waxy stuff (i smoke) and i was sure that it was smoke and dust all mixed in with my sebum - yuck!
but i did notice that after all that time WO that when i washed my hair with a natural soap and vinegar rinsed with a weak ACV solution that my hair was wonderful!
so i am thinking to use WO for as long as i can stand it - then use my soap bar - and then WO

HennaMuse
February 23rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Ya, I don't think I can go 100% no-poo. I'm hoping to eventually get away from regular baking soda washes, but I like to use a 2 in 1 out-of-the-bottle shampoo/conditioner when I henna. It really helps get a cleaner rinse. That would only be about 4 shampoos a year, and I think I can feel pretty good about that. I'm not going to decide now though, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Maybe I can come up with a better solution by then.

Jen