PDA

View Full Version : Slightly overzealous trim

Periwinkle
February 23rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
My mum trimmed my hair for me today. I asked her to take off about 1/2", but she took off fractionally more and now I'm at the bottom of BSL :( Before the trim, I was just brushing waist: now, my ends stretched out just touch it.

It's not all bad as my ends had been bothering me and I was due for a trim anyway. I've been trimming to remove layers, but now, I'm pretty happy with the situation, so I reckon I'll quit scheduled trimming and just have the layers trimmed off as a by-product, if you get me.

The ends are much thicker now (another layer is gone and there's only a tiny bit left) and I've had trouble fitting them into updos! I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I've effectively been maintaining at BSL since November, and quite frankly I'm sick of it. No offence to other BSLers out there, but I find it an unflattering length on pretty much everyone, myself included. Now, I'm ready just to let it grow and hopefully get to solid waist by the end of the year :) I reckon I should be back at where I was in approximately 2 months...

lora410
February 23rd, 2009, 08:56 AM
I fight with myself about trimming but promised to wait until I reach waist to do a small trim. It will grow fast. Just be glad she didn't cut it to shoulder or something :scared:

maunaloa
February 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
You have great hair. I love the updo in your avatar - so neat and thick!

SweetPea88
February 23rd, 2009, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry she cut a bit too much, but at least your ends are nicer now. I'm sure you'll be back to your old length in no time! :)

twilight
February 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
the same exact thing happened to me last weekend! i posted a blog (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=37491) about it.

i hate to say this but she's lucky i'm still at waist or i would be really mad at her (favor or no favor)!

ktani
February 23rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
I was overdue for a trim and with taking 1 inch off, my ends stretched in back to my waist.

But I just took another 2 inches off, to bring my length closer to pieces, not really layers, that I have been growing in.

I am happy with it. My hair gows pretty fast and now it should grow in looking better.