PDA

View Full Version : I got 4 scroos yesterday!

archel
March 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Get your minds out of the toilet, ladies - I meant the hair scroos that one of you turned me on to - OMG these things are AMAZING for anchoring a bun to where it doesn't twist and make your toys go lopsided, or you can use them alone to look like nothing is holding your hair up at all. These things are purely brilliant. Now if only they came in auburn...not that I can actually see the black ones, though...anyway, THANK YOU for this suggestion!!!

Ms Monnie
March 30th, 2008, 05:32 PM
They do really rock. They never fail me, when I thought I'd lost one I freaked out!

archel
March 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
That's why I got 4, though I seem to only need 2 for a bun, and that's without even anchoring with a ponytail first. They really are amazing. I am turning all my friends on to these...all I have to say is, "imagine not pulling a bunch of your hair out with every pin" and that tells them all they need to know!

heidihug
March 30th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Can you direct me to a website or a description of how these are used? I've seen the toy, just have no idea how I would utilize it. I've never have a problem getting my hair to stay in a bun - sometimes I only need one or two pins - do you think a couple of these would be worth the investment for me?

Aromatic
March 30th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I love love love my hairscroos so much. Finally a lasting bun invisibly fixed!

heidihug: If you're fine with normal pins you might not need those scroos, I think. When I tried pins, they would stay in my bun for more or less 3 minutes. 4 maybe when I wouldn't move :-) as my hair ist soo slippery. On the other hand there will always be the question if a scroo would have changed your life... I always find it hard t resist if there might be something better than I have...

AmandaPanda
March 30th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Where is everyone getting theirs?

archel
March 30th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Unfortunately eBay is the only place I have seen them.

I got mine for a different reason - bobby pins (kirby grips for you UK LHC'ers) hold my bun or other updo pretty well, but when I take them out, they break my hair off and pull it out in clumps. BOO. I try to baby my hair, so this is better. Besides, with the scroos it also feels like my bun is lighter and the weight is more evenly distributed. Not sure why. But I looooove them.

Now - what else can you gals do with the scroos besides buns of different types?

archel
March 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM
And yes, I must say, "a scroo has changed my life!" Proceed with the LOLLERSKATES! :run:

ruirui
March 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I got mine on ebay too.

And yes, they are so amazing they are practically the only thing I use now. :)

Silver & Gold
March 30th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I bought a dozen when I purchased mine. Six for me and six for my daughter-in-law. We both love them. They are an amazing piece of engineering.
Here's a picture of a french twist that I secured using 2 of them and that puppy stayed put all day!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg46/veeless/Photo4.jpg

Nynaeve
March 30th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I got mine on ebay.
I got like 4 the first time I ordered, then one of my sisters stole them all.
I got 6 more cause i couldn't live without them.
I use them for buns (since all my sticks went MIA or broken) and they stay "like nobody's business."

Aromatic
April 2nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hm, I can buy them in an ordinary drugstore. Pretty expensive for 'just hairstuff' - 2 Scroos are 5 € = ca. 7 $. But worth every Penny!!

lavenderblue
April 2nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Hm, I can buy them in an ordinary drugstore. Pretty expensive for 'just hairstuff' - 2 Scroos are 5 € = ca. 7 $. But worth every Penny!!
me too, a lot of drugstore sell them in the Netherlands too, at least there's something for my hair I can get easy ;) other hair toys are hardly available out here :rant: (thank god there's internet stores)

jojo
April 2nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
excuse my ignorance but what is a scroo? no funny replies guys!

lavenderblue
April 2nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
excuse my ignorance but what is a scroo? no funny replies guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Magic-Hair-Scroo-HOLD-UP-U-HAIR-INVISi-New-products_W0QQitemZ300111426497QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4 5225QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1 247QQcmdZViewItem

they work great!

Aromatic
April 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Jojo: With your pretty, thick hair there is no chance you can't just love them. Try it!

Melisande
April 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I love mine, too. I bought six although I only need three or four to hold the perfect bun. My cat hid one of them, I didn't find it yet. I actually don't need this sixth scroo but they are so perfect that the thought of having lost one drives me nuts.

Genius who invented them. Easy in, easy out. And in between hours of rock solid holding power.

Aromatic
April 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Did you notice a new hairdo on your cat lately? :biggrin: Maybe she loves this hairstyling toy too...

PseudoScot
April 8th, 2008, 02:54 PM
They do really rock. They never fail me, when I thought I'd lost one I freaked out!

I like them, too! They rock!

Nynaeve
April 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I actually wore my hair up with my scroos today. Solid as a rock.
Wore them yesterday too, love how they stay in my hair through an hour of dancing and rolling around on the floor/flipping back over myself!!!!
Jojo, they're like a small hair fork, but twisted like a curl, so it has two prongs that screw into a bun, and hold it VERY well. They just twist back out when you want them to, so they don't cause any damage and they're solid as a rock.