PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with bangs CO?

sneakybea
February 22nd, 2009, 10:20 PM
So I've been wanting to try CO (Conditioner Only) washes regularly, and have used this method a couple of times. My one problem is that I have bangs, which really gives me the equivalent of combination hair; the length is dry and needs moisturizer, and the bangs get oily kind of fast. If I include the bangs in the CO, they get weighed down, greasy, and flat. So does anyone have any tips for how to exclude the bangs from the CO process?I'm thinking of just using regular shampoo on the bangs while I use conditioner on the rest.
Thanks in advance!

manderly
February 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
I would do that too. Just CO the whole shebang, and hit your bangs with a tiny bit of shampoo.

Of course, you should actually see how your bangs turn out with just plain CO first. You can always touch them up in the sink with some soap :) No need to rewash your whole head for a little sprig of bangs.

WaimeaWahine
February 22nd, 2009, 11:07 PM
How long are your bangs? Mine are fairly short and I've never had them get more oily. Maybe a non-drying face wash around your forehead would help.

I CO wash all my hair. Shampoo on just the bangs a few times a week might help or some powder on just your bangs. I'm still too new to know which powder but someone will. :)

Heavenly Locks
February 23rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Have you tried dusting baby powder through your bangs when they are oily and the rest is fine? I have bangs and they are thick cut and often pick up oil from my forehead. Instead of going in for a wash, I will often grab a powder brush and sweep through some baby powder. It soaks up the oil right away and leaves my bangs fluffy and fresh. I am careful not to over do it though, because too much powder can leave you looking a little grayish or the powder is just plain visible.

When I do this, I can stretch 5 days in between washes. I myself am going to try a CO on my next wash day. :)

maskedrose
February 23rd, 2009, 12:46 AM
When I had bangs they were fine the day on wash (CO) day, but every day after that I'd have to wash just my bangs with some SLS free shampoo in the shower. Worked pretty good for me!

Tap Dancer
February 23rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
When I had bangs, I would CO wash and my hair would look great the rest of the day. When I woke up the next day with greasy bangs, I'd just shampoo them in the sink and blowdry them. Another "trick" is to carry some oil blotting papers with you (or translucent powder) with you and use them during the day. Your forehead is probably oily and it's making your bangs oily.

xeternalsilence
February 23rd, 2009, 08:59 AM
I CO and am growing out bangs. They're currently about tip of the nose length.

They often come in contact with the coconut oil I put on my face, and when they start to look too greasy, I just CO them separately. I CO once a week, and I only have to do this one other time before my whole hair wash, usually. I've never used shampoo on just my bangs, because this method works really well for me.

Nevermore
February 23rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
I used to wash my bangs in the sink daily, not because of greasiness, but because I touched them alot and was grossed out by the idea of them not being clean. Sink washes are really great though and if you don't plan to grow your bangs out, you don't really have to worry about damage, so using shampoo on those would be fine.

sneakybea
February 25th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks for all your help and suggestions! Today I did a CO wash, left out the bangs and shampooed them. The bangs are nice and fluffy, yay! and I'm not sure the rest of it has decided what it wants to be yet!

intothemist1999
February 28th, 2009, 08:28 PM
My bangs get oily fast, too, but what I'm doing is using alot more pressed powder, or loose powder on my face! When I don't CO wash on day 2, I sometimes add a bit of the powder up in to the hair, too. I stick to just the underside because I have dark hair.

If it's really greasy, I do my CO and rinse, then I use a some diluted shampoo on the bangs and rinse that out. Although I haven't done it since cutting my bangs shorter, I had been washing just the bangs in the sink when skipped a wash.

Mostly though, I CO everything (daily, ideally for the bangs' sake) and they always do alright. However, I have oily skin, so ALWAYS use a facial powder, so even when I don't add powder to the bangs, it must help keep them less greasy.