PDA

View Full Version : Too Old For Flowers? & Frida Kahlo

Catladyintown
February 22nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Too old for flowers? Okay, I was talking to my mom of age 70 about wearing some flowers in my hair. My hair would be in a cinnamon bun in the back with maybe some roses around the bun. The flowers would be around 2 ½ inches wide; they would be fake roses. I really like the Frida Kahlo hairstyle but I do not have the nerve to wear it. But, anyway; my mom said I was to old for flowers, which really disappointed me. Do you think there is an age limit on wearing flowers in your hair? Also does anyone know how to make the Frida Kahlo hairstyle? Thank you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HwyBtneBUM
http://www.radiotania.org/images/frida-kahlo.jpg (http://www.radiotania.org/images/frida-kahlo.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/michelechantel/FridaKahlo.jpg (http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/michelechantel/FridaKahlo.jpg)

LittleOrca
February 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
I don't think there is an age limit at all for flowers in your hair! If you like them and it makes you happy, I say go for it. :)

Coriander
February 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
I don't think anyone should ever be too old to enjoy flowers, whether on their person or growing in the fields.

I love that third photo of Frida with the red flowers in her hair.

If you do this, I'd love to see photos of the end results :)

gdimoonbeam
February 22nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
I don't think anyone is to old for flowers. Maybe when your mother see it instead of trying to imagine it she will change her mind.

susiemw
February 22nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
Do you think there is an age limit on wearing flowers in your hair?

I think with increasing age comes the freedom to do what makes you happy and not being at the whim of what others think is right or wrong. Do what you feel is right. I think flowers in the hair can be all right at any age. At different ages you might feel a different type of floral look is better than others, but that's all personal preference.

good luck

susan

viking_quest
February 22nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
Nobody is too old to enjoy anything in their hair. If you want to wear flowers, then wear flowers. And for Frida Kahlo, just make two braids, cross them over the top of your head, and pin. Add flowers! But I would suggest to make the braids on the sides of your head instead of in the back. Post pictures if you do it; I'd love to see it.

RancheroTheBee
February 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Bah! You're kidding - that would be the best hairstyle. On anyone.

I think her hair is braided, then wrapped around the crown with pins.

Heavenly Locks
February 22nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
You are only too old, when YOU say you are. ;) I find that other people who give out 'age criteria' have often stifled themselves with such nonsense. I don't let other people impose on me what they think is appropriate, keep that un-fun and un-young junk to yourself please! I am a happy well adjusted person, and they are often cranky and sour at the world.

I can't wait to see you with those roses in your hair :)

intothemist1999
February 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
Old, schmold! You do what you LIKE!! It sounds lovely!

manderly
February 22nd, 2009, 09:43 PM
You're never too old for flowers. Come to Hawaii, and look around at all the little old gray haired ladies with their hair up in intricate buns and adorned with flowers :)

Catladyintown
February 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
Thank you everyone. I will buy some flowers on ebay and make a couple of hair styles, also will take pictures.:cheese: I feel a lot better now. I can not wait too start my flower collection.

SpecialKitty
February 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Can't wait to see the flower hairstyles, catladyintown! (and if I listened to everything my mother told me not to do, I wouldn't have any fun!)

Heavenly Locks
February 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
You've inspired me to make a flowered hair toy :) Maybe a stick with a few pretty blossoms or a fork with one dazzling bloom? Or perhaps a comb with a tiny bouquet? ooo!

Starr
February 22nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
I plan on being 90, silver hair down to my ankles, with a big flower tucked behind my ear. I don't think that'll be too old.

MadPirateBippy
February 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
No one is ever too old for flowers in their hair.

Hello kitty bling is up for debate, but not flowers.

trolleypup
February 23rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Nope nope nope! No flowers after age 24, no long hair after age 30, nothing but blue or purple tinted pixies after age 60! And no greys allowed at any age!

:misskim:

I also think that you can't be too male to wear sparklies, flowers, pink, or velvet in your hair either.

blondecat
February 23rd, 2009, 02:20 AM
I wear flowers in my hair. Never too old for it.

I usually wear daisies tho [No thorns]

Starr
February 23rd, 2009, 02:28 AM
No one is ever too old for flowers in their hair.

Hello kitty bling is up for debate, but not flowers.

Hello Kitty is appropriate for all ages and occasions. Just ask Countess!:p

LittleOrca
February 23rd, 2009, 02:29 AM
Thank you everyone. I will buy some flowers on ebay and make a couple of hair styles, also will take pictures.:cheese: I feel a lot better now. I can not wait too start my flower collection.

I found a beautiful faux rose and sunflower at Claire's and they do not cost too much.

HoneyMouse
February 23rd, 2009, 06:26 AM
I think you are never to old to make your hair fancy. My mother is in her late 60's and has long grey hair and I do purple streaks in it for her every couple of months.

HoneyMouse
February 23rd, 2009, 06:28 AM
You could try Lolita Bows in your hair.

https://shanalogic.com/item_images/4004_fan_bow_full3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/crazisilverangel2/P1180765.jpg

Xandergrammy
February 23rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
Nope. She's wrong. You're never too old for flowers in your hair or anywhere else you want to put them. :flowers:

HoneyMouse
February 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
this is sweet
http://ohjoy.blogs.com/my_weblog/images/2007/04/05/jenniferbehr_2.jpg

Fairlight63
February 23rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
You are not to old for flowers! You would look lovely!
We want to see pictures :cheese:

HoneyMouse
February 23rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
I've worn a crochet octopus in my hair for decoration before so you'd have to go quite far to out odd me. I'd love to see some pcs

Aisha25
February 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah who says your too old no way. Anyone can wear flowers in there braids the only time I wouldnt was if I was a widow:) So where anything you like catladyintown:D

earthdancer
February 23rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'd wear flowers in my hair if I felt like it, and I'm older than you are.:)

Johanna64
February 23rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
No,you are not to old to wear flowers!!
I can't wait to see your pictures :cheer:

s_tresses
February 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Too Old for flowers? No such thing.

Pixna
February 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I love Frida Kahlo. She was an artist in every way, including with her hair. She had the most unique styles, and she maintained that unique way of wearing her hair until her death. Why not be creative with your hair in whatever way you like? One is never too old to be creative -- Grandma Moses didn't sell her first paintings until she was almost eighty (Google Grandma Moses if you don't know who she is). If Frida and Grandma Moses can do it, why not Catladyintown??!! :D

skay
February 23rd, 2009, 08:25 PM

I bet you can rock it!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. :)

coppercurls
February 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
I think with increasing age comes the freedom to do what makes you happy and not being at the whim of what others think is right or wrong. Do what you feel is right. I think flowers in the hair can be all right at any age. At different ages you might feel a different type of floral look is better than others, but that's all personal preference.

good luck

susan

I agree completely! Enjoy your flowers, YOUR way!?!:p

rapunzhell13
February 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
I love wearing flowers in my hair! I think it looks very pretty and natural. :) Age is no factor IMO!

Tressie
February 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
I say, "Bah to the flower age ban!" Go for it!! (o:

Dorothy
February 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Cat lady - such lovely name. I believe in being the cat lady - Nelson Mandella says "and as we let our own light shine, we unconciously give other people permission to do the same...As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." So be the change you want to see in your hair. Be the unique, irreplacable, precious human that you truly are.
As a therapist, one of my major tasks is to get my clients to stop pursuing normalcy, to stop measuring themselves to a imaginary yardstick of what is ok. In a world where some holy people in India make vows to remain standing for their entire lives, where a certain tribe in Africa has men dressing up in pretty clothes, putting on makeup, rolling and batting their eyes at ladies trying to find love, hundreds of people collect on this website to discuss CWC, CO, WO, BSL and APL hair, considering putting monistat on their heads, and Americans in the suburbs sit in enormous identical houses watching big screen TV's every night, who can say what is normal? All we can say for sure is that the options for human behavior seem infinite. Namaste.

bgarrison
February 23rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Cat lady - such lovely name. I believe in being the cat lady - Nelson Mandella says "and as we let our own light shine, we unconciously give other people permission to do the same...As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." So be the change you want to see in your hair. Be the unique, irreplacable, precious human that you truly are.
As a therapist, one of my major tasks is to get my clients to stop pursuing normalcy, to stop measuring themselves to a imaginary yardstick of what is ok. In a world where some holy people in India make vows to remain standing for their entire lives, where a certain tribe in Africa has men dressing up in pretty clothes, putting on makeup, rolling and batting their eyes at ladies trying to find love, hundreds of people collect on this website to discuss CWC, CO, WO, BSL and APL hair, considering putting monistat on their heads, and Americans in the suburbs sit in enormous identical houses watching big screen TV's every night, who can say what is normal? All we can say for sure is that the options for human behavior seem infinite. Namaste.
Such a nice post. Thank you!

Dorothy
February 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
On a more practical note, I would also like to be able to style my hair like Frieda. I have asked around and have not really found what I was looking for. This picture
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv88/DorothyatKansas/kahlo54.jpg
is what I'd like to go for, and I have had the most success by braiding my hair starting high on both sides, like in the kitty ear position, and then wrapping one braid around the base of the other and back toward it's own beginning, same with the other, many pins. It's pretty rough right now and not ready for the public, but it's closer. It give more height to my round head, when I just wrap the braids braided low around my head I look like a peasant.

By the way, Honeymouse, you have a kindred spirit here. Fishwich ALSO has an octopus hair ornament, and it's quite substantial. It is pictured in recent homemade hairtoys thread posts. Definately worth looking at. A woman who fears little and treasures uniqueness.

Dorothy
February 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
forgot to mention this above but in season you can also put real flowers in your hair, picked early in the morning and then refrigerated for some time, they can then be worn to some event. Roses work pretty well, especially cut in bud and small ones. I have made a ring of wire the size of my bun, wrapped seam binding around the stems, then add more in same direction, wrap wrap, etc. You end up with a little circle of flowers that you can pin around your bun. I'm sure you can place them more casually as well. Sorry for all the yacking.

Pullippanuru
February 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Too old for flowers? geez...some people just like imposing ridiculous rules on others...:rolleyes:

adiapalic
February 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
I think this would be a wonderful idea--I've always enjoyed learning about Kahlo--her art, her life, etc. I noticed she often wore very beautiful traditional Mexican dresses, but before seeing this thread I never noticed that she wore her hair like that a like.

I think you should go for it, and like others have said, I would love to see pictures! As for mothers ... I think sometimes you just have to let it go in one ear and out the other :)

Pixna
February 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM

What a supportive message! Thanks!

heidi w.
February 24th, 2009, 09:22 AM
The simplest way to copy Frida's look is to make two braided pigtails, positioned somewhat high, and then you can bring them over the head and input floral stuff.

You can also consider weaving ribbon into the braiding! I have done this, and it's a very cool effect.

I like low positioned buns on the back and then to decorate with flowers such that it covers the majority of the back of the head.

I'm a little less inclined to wear them on top of my head with regular work clothes...I'd have to have a whole look going to pull the arrangement on top of my head look off.

Part of the reason Frida looked so cool is that her whole outfit and way of dressing all matched the whole vision she had of being what she identified as within her culture. Even in her time, even when she came to the US, dressed as such, it was not the norm of dressing, by any means. This is part of her "cult" appeal....even those who may not identify with, or appreciate, her artwork.

I have seen Kahlo's work in person. It's fascinating. I have read all about her over the years. To me she is an inspiration because she utilized her life and her surgeries as a story-telling device. I too have a lot of scars, and all they've ever been viewed as by others is ugly -- never as curiousity as in what's the story here?

No one ever asks how this one arrived, or that one came about. No one wants to know what happened.

I think it's sad as for me these scars have a lot to do with my personal character development, and even, yes, some of my fears.

You can roll hair and insert flowers.

I personally would stay away from roses. I use a lot of fake flowers hot glued to the ends of long bobby pins. I have pansies, and tiny champagne roses and leaves, and I also have large daisy type flowers that I use in the summertime.

My ribbons are glittery, patterned as in checks, or solid strips of satin.

heidi w.

MadPirateBippy
February 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I have seen Kahlo's work in person. It's fascinating. I have read all about her over the years. To me she is an inspiration because she utilized her life and her surgeries as a story-telling device. I too have a lot of scars, and all they've ever been viewed as by others is ugly -- never as curiousity as in what's the story here?

No one ever asks how this one arrived, or that one came about. No one wants to know what happened.

I think it's sad as for me these scars have a lot to do with my personal character development, and even, yes, some of my fears.

I think that's interesting, because that's usually one of the first things I ask about someone after I see them naked.

Okay, well to be honest most the time that happens, there's a whole lot of stuff that goes on first, and then after cold pizza and cigarettes have been consumed, THEN there's snuggling and going over the life story told by scars.

I thought that was just part of the getting-to-know-you process. And fun. :)

Perhaps it's simply too painful for people to see your scars, to know you were wounded and they can't fix it or make it better for you.

DragonLady
February 24th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I too have a lot of scars, and all they've ever been viewed as by others is ugly -- never as curiousity as in what's the story here?

I have that experience, too. I always want to know where a man got his scars. But they never ask where mine came from. ??? Maybe MadPirateBippy is right, and they feel since they are helpless to fix it, it's better not to ask. But sometimes I wish they would, just so I can explain why I am who I am.

csm--carla
February 24th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I think your mom might be trying to protect you from hurtful reactions that you might get from others in our culture.

I enjoy wearing hats--mostly for protection from the sun. People aren't used to seeing hats because almost no one else wears them. I also do some other things that no one else does--like carrying and swinging small hand weights when I walk. Some people look at me strangely when I do this.
:shocked::shocked:

I think you may already be aware that "people" may "look at you funny" because you are being different from the rest of our culture. Decide what you want to do and why and how you will feel if you get unexpected reactions--then do what you think you will bring you joy!!!!

Best Wishes!!:flower:

Carla

HoneyMouse
February 24th, 2009, 11:11 AM
a certain tribe in Africa has men dressing up in pretty clothes, putting on makeup, rolling and batting their eyes at ladies trying to find love.

I think I remember reading about them. I gotta find my dance, art and ritual of said country now.

HoneyMouse
February 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
By the way, Honeymouse, you have a kindred spirit here. Fishwich ALSO has an octopus hair ornament, and it's quite substantial. It is pictured in recent homemade hairtoys thread posts. Definately worth looking at. A woman who fears little and treasures uniqueness.

ooh I'll have to get in touch with her. I also have a little red witch's hat.

CopperHead
February 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I have tiny dusty pink antique looking roses attached to a hair comb. I am going to make another and wear them with a bun this Spring and Summer. I have many more flowers in many colors and styles that I am going to attach to my many other combs too. :p I think flowers in the hair are exotic and very feminine. Every age should enjoy them. :)

Kleis
February 24th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I also think that you can't be too male to wear sparklies, flowers, pink, or velvet in your hair either.

All at once? :lol:

Xandergrammy
February 24th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I plan on being 90, silver hair down to my ankles, with a big flower tucked behind my ear. I don't think that'll be too old.

:applause I love this image!!

Xandergrammy
February 24th, 2009, 04:46 PM
All at once? :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised, would you? :lol:

Feline
February 24th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Y'know, it seems to me that whenever someone tells you that you are too old to wear flowers, or long hair, or short skirts, or the color pink, or whatever, then what it really means is that person doesn't want you to do that, for whatever reason. Maybe it's a good reason; maybe it isn't. It's kind of like being told something is "for your own good"; unless this is being said by an emergency room doctor, my experience is that it isn't for MY own good, it's for THAT PERSON's own good. So whenever you get a statement like that, you may need to pick it apart and ask what the real issue is here. In my case, for instance, the relative who thought I was "too old" to wear my hair long has an addiction to the hair salon, and as a result has hair that is over-processed and rather short.

OK, rant over.:cheese:

manderly
February 25th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I have that experience, too. I always want to know where a man got his scars. But they never ask where mine came from. ??? Maybe MadPirateBippy is right, and they feel since they are helpless to fix it, it's better not to ask. But sometimes I wish they would, just so I can explain why I am who I am.

I do this as well.

My BF has some small ones on his head from someone hitting him with a bottle or a bat or something....maybe both. Poor boy doesn't remember and it was long before we met. He has a wee little scar from his appendix bursting, I hardly notice that one.

I had a coworker who had a tracheotomy scar and an IV scar. Interesting story when I asked her, she almost died and was in a coma. Fascinating, and she's perfectly fine now.

No one ever asks me about the scar on my chin (fell off my bike and broke my fall with my face).

I have a GF who got a huge scar on her thigh from the last time I saw her (it had been several years), she was surfing and the board broke and stabbed her.

Scars tell a story and I think they should be worn proudly. Unless of course they came from you doing something retarded, then you should be very, very ashamed......:lol:

HoneyMouse
February 25th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I have one large one on my left thigh from falling down in a car park after ballet lessons when I was a child, one indent scar one my right breast from tubes when I was a baby ( born 28 weeks didn't breath on my own till i was 3) and one on my right thigh from a couple of months ago when I sat on a knife and the point went in about 2 inches. plus plently of burns and dog bites. They are just part of who I am and my life and no fuss is needed.

Anywhohow

another flower pic
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2185/4215376939.jpg

Kuchen
February 25th, 2009, 05:43 AM
You know, we need some "Frieda Kahlo hair" instructions. A quick glance on Google didn't yield anything.
The sculptured braids/updos (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=95) I posted were obviously inspired by Frieda but don't quite hit the spot.

HoneyMouse
February 25th, 2009, 05:47 AM
try this
http://www.hairandstyle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4983

http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/cascade
http://www.longlocks.com/how-to-braid-hair.htm
http://www.freewebs.com/princessbunhead/hair.html
http://www.hairbraidingbyellen.com/crown.php

Sassenach
February 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Flowers are appropriate for any age, IMO.

embee
February 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM
HoneyMouse, those pictures you posted were charming! Ooooh, that ecru lace headband, so simple but elegant and attractive.

I loved the picture of Frida Kahlo with the pink roses in her hair; also liked the flowered green wallpaper behind her Would be happy to have that in my house! She was very beautiful, and obviously "her own person".

Catlady, you're not too old for flowers. If I understand correctly, it's only in western culture that women are supposed to become dowdy and frumpy and plain.

intothemist1999
February 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM

I can't wait for you to start, either! How's the shopping going?? :D

trolleypup
February 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I also think that you can't be too male to wear sparklies, flowers, pink, or velvet in your hair either.All at once? :lol:

*shrugs* Sure!

Although I think I've only ever done three of those things at once.

intothemist1999
March 12th, 2009, 08:33 PM
How's the flowers-in-your-hair progressing? :)

Clytemnestra
March 12th, 2009, 10:12 PM
In addition to silk ribbons and velvet bows, sometimes I like to do a Billie Holiday gardenia/chignon thing in my hair...I think ribbons, bows, and flowers are ultimately feminine, and always appropriate for a woman to wear.

spf4214
March 12th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I have to agree with everyone else, I think that it doesn't matter which age you are, flowers will look fantastic.:) I always get nice comments when I wear flower clips in my hair, although I don't own any roses, so now you have inspired me to go and find some ;)

marajade
March 12th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Wow this just inspired me to go to the craft store and get some pretty fake flowers to put in my hair. . Hey this is the best time of year to put flowers in your hair because it is almost SPRING! Plus, it is very feminine and pretty!

intothemist1999
March 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Wow this just inspired me to go to the craft store and get some pretty fake flowers to put in my hair. . Hey this is the best time of year to put flowers in your hair because it is almost SPRING! Plus, it is very feminine and pretty!

Great point, marajade! I wouldn't normally think to put flowers in my hair (mostly because I'm not terribly feminine), but now that I wear it up most of the time, I think it will be easy to slip a few inconspicuously into a 'do! Come to think of it, I *did* buy a sprig of fake heather to put in my hair for last year's Robert Burn's Day!

Arniky
March 14th, 2009, 04:19 AM
there is no age for wearing flowers, just wear it if you like it

Peggy E.
March 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM
With one exception - that being me - mothers are not always right when they hand out advice to their children, regardless that child's age.

And with your gorgeous long, dark hair - red roses and ribbons, large sensuous earrings, whoa, momma! This is what life is about - grab it and shake all you can get out of it; live every moment with the throttle wide open, laugh-out-loud happy.

Everywhere you go the joy of your being will make you welcome, the love and beauty you exude will make you shine. Whatever it takes - LIVE!!!

Arniky
March 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM
All flowers would look nice but guess roses would be first choice- hows it?

Sissy
March 14th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I don't think one can ever be to old to enjoy flowers in their hair. Especially as we are all children of Nature :)

DragonLady
March 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
This is what life is about - grab it and shake all you can get out of it; live every moment with the throttle wide open, laugh-out-loud happy.

Everywhere you go the joy of your being will make you welcome, the love and beauty you exude will make you shine. Whatever it takes - LIVE!!!

Awesome words to live by! :)

Demetrue
March 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Woah - since when is 46 considered old??? I have every intention of getting some silk flowers - white and pink to wear in my hair with my Spring outfits this year.
PS Roses don't care or notice how old you are!

Silverlox
March 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hey! Since when was there ever an age limit for flowers? The mere idea is preposterous!
That sounds like a very silly "rule", just like not having long hair past a certain age, whichever that age is, or hiding your greys with colour.:rolleyes:

I'll have you know that I wear flowers in my hair, my grey, long hair, - especially when I want to dress it up for something special. And it's never gotten me anything but very nice compliments! :D

Granted, I don't wear flowers as often as I used to since I found LHC and a world of sticks and other fun hairtoys, but my old flower pins and claws are still getting some use. They've even been joined by a few hairsticks decorated with flowers. :p

misskita
March 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I love it when people wear flowers in their hair at any age.

Arniky
March 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Hi
which would be better- jus wearing a flower or couple or a few at a time?

BaDaBing
March 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
HElls NO!!! Wear them! I read one time that people who wear flowers in their hair are true romantics...you should know I say this with fresh daffodills tucked into my gibson doo...I say wear them with absolute pride and know how beautiful you are! :)

savi
March 18th, 2009, 06:28 PM
No. Never. Flowers worn in hair are pretty no matter the age. I wish I saw it done more often.

Juanita
March 19th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I love flowers in my hair. And all hair toyshttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/peachymango2002/mixed127.jpg
My graduation pic 2007

rach
March 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
never too old for flowers, what you going on about. tut.
reminds me i should try and replace my damaged ones which my daughter nicked. mmm

twilight
March 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM
flowers are good for people, regardless of age. in fact, i think a well-placed flower in one's hair actually RESTORES a sense of youth, rather than ages the person.

i associate flowers with being free-spirited and young-at-heart, myself. perfect for all ages :)

aries
March 20th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I agree with wearing flowers at any age. I wear them and 46 is not old. I think they would be beautiful in your hair. I have about 20 silk flowers that I wear, not all at once, and love the way I feel with them in my hair.

intothemist1999
August 3rd, 2009, 02:05 AM
I love flowers in my hair. And all hair toyshttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d21/peachymango2002/mixed127.jpg
My graduation pic 2007

I missed this when it came out! A belated congratulations, Juanita, and that flower looks lovely!! :)

CatLady, when ever I see you post, I remember this thread and wonder if you found something you were happy with. I thought I'd come back and check. :)

Ashley
August 3rd, 2009, 03:04 AM
Flowers are a lovely treasure of nature and I think they compliment women of every age.. they are so elegant and pretty... No, I donīt think you should ever feel too old! Just like some people claim that hair can be ītooī long at a certain age, long hair seems to amaze me even more on women that passed their youth.

Itīs a lovely accessory to brighten up any mane! :flower:

Aranhil
August 3rd, 2009, 03:08 AM
i dunno, are you? follow your instinct and wear flowers in your hair! don't listen to any of the nonsense about you being too old. who says? it doesn't matter what anyone says! who cares what people consider to be too old for flowers, it's just not even relevant. it's ridiculous loool! seriously. just wear your flowers and be happy :D

ktani
August 3rd, 2009, 07:24 AM
No age limit at all for flowers! No age limit for any hairstyle that you like, that you feel suits you.

Different generations and cultures have set ideas on things.