PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning Question (and my very first post!)

kittygrrl523
February 22nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi. I linked to this forum from the natural body care section of MDC. I have read this forum before and gotten some great tips but finally decided today to make a login and post.

I need recommendations for something natural that I can use to condition my hair.

I have been no-poo since January 1st. My current routine has been to clean my scalp with a paste of baking soda and then to condition with diluted ACV. The BS seemed to be slightly drying to my scalp so I started mixing it with raw honey and using that as my scalp cleanser and still doing the ACV rinse.

Well, yesterday I took the plunge and hennaed my hair. I love the result and really want to preserve it. I used Lush CaCa Rouge so I don't know how long to expect it to last, but the sales associate did tell me that vinegar will fade it quicker...so now I don't know what to condition with. The CaCa had cocoa butter in it and I prolly won't need to wash my hair for two more days so I have some time to figure it out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

girlcat36
February 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
Why not just use a cone-free natural conditioner?

If you like baking soda, but are finding it harsh, instead of making paste with it, put about a teaspoon of it in a 20 oz. bottle of water and pour this over your hair. That worked really well for me. When I used baking soda as my cleanser, I still used regular(cone-free) conditioner.

SweetPea88
February 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
You could also try coconut oil (or olive, jojoba, shea...) as a treatment or leave in conditioner.