PDA

View Full Version : 2 Braids Comfortable & Practicable hair style

Patty lou
March 30th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Who finds this, like I do to be so practicable and comfortable and how often do you wear this style.
Me about 5 days per week.

Patty lou

FrannyG
March 30th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I suffer from frequent migraines, and on those days I find it can be uncomfortable to wear my hair up. I usually wear double braids on those days. I love wearing them. :)

Gwaihiril
March 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I like two braids a lot. I used to wear it that way every day of the week, but my classmates got stuck on calling me Pocahontas, so I stopped. At this point, I'm a lot faster and it's easier for me to do one braid, so I end up doing that instead of two.

Gumball
March 30th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I haven't really much worn two braids outside pigtail-style, but I've worn banded pigtails plenty of times and if you're willing to let me group those into this category then they're very comfortable. :)

Ash
March 30th, 2008, 05:01 PM
This is what I wear every day for work. It keeps my hair from sliding out like it does with one braid and it is quick and easy to do. I just need to remember to attach the two ends together since my braids are longer now and they get in the way if I bend forward.

Paniscus
March 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
HA! I'm actually wearing two braids as I type! I wore it this way to work as well. I guess some people may say that I'm *too old* for this style, but personally, I think they look OK. My grandmother, who had really long hair, would sometimes wear double braids: long, thick, grey braids. They were beautiful and looked natural on her.

No one at work has commented negatively on them- if anything, they say they're cute. And yeah, they are practical and comfortable! I'm all for this style.:cheer:

jojo
March 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
i wear my hair like this round the house, but feel a bit little girlish outside, but thats just me!

MotherConfessor
March 30th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I never wear this hairstyle out, but I love it for bed because my hair dries faster than a single braid down the back.

cosmogonic
March 31st, 2008, 12:02 AM
I wear it for tooling around the house but no longer wear them outdoors as they tend to attract freakish and uncomfortable comments from people with no concept of when to share their thoughts.

Jeni
March 31st, 2008, 12:12 AM
I sleep in double braids, there comfy and quite honestly I can't do a single braid on the back of my head:o. I don't wear my hair out in 2 braids, but if I am just sitting around a house I usually keep it in 2 braids. I think it's a cute style, but on me it makes me look 12.

Jeni

Delilah
March 31st, 2008, 12:23 AM
My hair when braided is pitifully thin, so I don't wear double braids often.
I'm big on buns. The feeling of hair on my neck -braided or not- often bothers me, it gets hot and itchy. Day one hair is ok, but after that I can't bear having it down.

rubyredslippers
March 31st, 2008, 12:35 AM
I wear braided pigtails about once a week or so, when my hair is not cooperating (too greasy/fluffy/curly/asymetrically-curly), and I like them, but of all my hairstyles this is the one that most often provokes someone to tug the end of one, or hold the ends of both out to the sides and declare me "Pippi Longstocking." Mind you, this doesn't happen every time I wear them.

This is one of the hairstyles my DBF especially likes and comments on, so perhaps that provides more incentive for me to keep wearing them :D.

AprilElf
March 31st, 2008, 05:24 AM
Yes, it is a comfortable style, and I like the way they look.

However, I don't wear two braids very often, because I don't like them falling forwards over my shoulders if I bend over. I know I could just tie them together at the back, but then I'd lose the distinctive two-braid 'look'.

;)

Stevy
March 31st, 2008, 05:29 AM
I pretty much never wear two braids, because I don't think they suit me, and also, like AprilElf, it irritates me when they flop over my shoulders. I think they can look gorgeous on other people, though - in particular, I'm thinking of Lady Godiva's lovely two-braid avatar. :)

Tapioca
March 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM
I had my hair in two braids while in the hospital having my daughter. I made the mistake of leaving them alone for three days and going through labor like that. The next morning, it took me over an hour to detangle the mess at the nape of my neck.

Sarahmoon
March 31st, 2008, 03:37 PM
I wear it like that maybe once every 2 weeks. I like it myself and so does my bf, but I think a lot of people think it's weird and immature...
oh well... no-one will mistake me for a child.

AJoifulNoise
March 31st, 2008, 03:43 PM
I don't do them that often. When I do it is for one of two reasons: I have to leave the house right after washing my hair. Or, my scalp hair is oily. I only do twin braids on nearly soaking wet hair. That way they last a long time before getting fuzzy.

But, they are really comfy and nearly as practical as buns. It depends on the situation. If I'm doing something physical (playing games with children or young adults) a bun is way more practical as the braids get in the way and whap me in the face (owie). If I'm just having a day out or I'm staying in... They are just fine. And, also really cute!

Meli
March 31st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I almost always wear two braids for sleep, because it's so comfortable. I usually prefer single braids or buns in daytime, though, but that is only because I want to change the pull on my scalp. If I wear two braids (or any hairstyle with a parting in the middle from front to nape) for more than a few days in a row, my scalp starts to feel uncomfortable. Two braids tied together, though, is my usual riding hairstyle. Very comfortable under the helmet and the braids stay out of my way.

Yari
March 31st, 2008, 04:12 PM
I agree with that. Double braids are comfy and i like the visual appearance. I wear it maybe once per week, because i can`t work with double braids for safety reasons. Sometimes, in my spare time, i have to keep an eye on a dog and a cat. Both of them love it to play with my braids, even with my buns and hair toys. (A bun appears to be a nice ball and a hair stick could be yummy.)

sapphire-o
March 31st, 2008, 04:27 PM
I wear them for a few hours after each wash. I leave my hair loose to dry for a while, then braid when it's just damp. I don't wear them out much. They feel too long now and get in the way. Occasionally I pin them up into double braided buns. :)

mew
March 31st, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hm, there is something about braids that makes other people want to comment on them (similar thing with pigtails actually). It's a very cute hairdo though I must admit. Even though the parting at the back of the head makes me feel a bit self-conscious since i can't see what it looks like. Hm... ;)

Nynaeve
March 31st, 2008, 06:01 PM
It is very practical and simple.
I don't wear it as much as I used to because I'm taking a dance class and I don't want to accidentally smack anyone in the face. ;)
My mother, however, wears this style.... 3 or so days a week.

jennydaesy
March 31st, 2008, 07:36 PM
i do 2 braids often on a weekend

wimsey
March 31st, 2008, 09:25 PM
Two braids is my traveling style and the way I wear my hair when I oil heavily. Occasionally, I will wear it two braids just for fun on the weekends. :cool:

Anje
March 31st, 2008, 10:07 PM
I do two braids occasionally. I also find them particularly good for traveling, though I spend more time with a single braid even on long trips these days -- I just pull it over my shoulder.

To prevent the double braids from falling over my shoulders, I've found that if I braid down as far as I can, then bring the braid over the opposite shoulder to finish it, the braid stays behind me when it's done.

SimplyLonghair
April 1st, 2008, 08:45 AM
I were my hair like that only I put them up with clips so that they form a kind of a Heidi look but not quite. I really like it for work, it is simple and the old folks that I work with love it!

intothemist1999
April 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
I wear it for tooling around the house but no longer wear them outdoors as they tend to attract freakish and uncomfortable comments from people with no concept of when to share their thoughts.

Ok, I've read a couple of posts now about people gettnig bad comments on these braids.

I don't get it (on oh so many levels)!! Why would this look in particular make people talk?

Steve<3
April 1st, 2008, 02:41 PM
I don't wear 2 braids as an everyday style. I usually wear them either to the beach, or when travelling such as on a long flight. I think it's a very comfortable style that stops my hair from tangling, and gives me nice waves.

One day last year, I was catching a taxi to the airport. I was flying from Australia to to and spend a bit of time in Sweden. I had my hair in 2 braids which I would wear for the flights. The taxi driver asked me where I was flying to. I replied, "Sweden" and he immediately said, "I thought you must have been from one of those countries, from your hairstyle." I said, "Excuse me? I'm Aussie." (Not to mention my Aussie accent and all that!) He then said, "Oh. But your hairstyle is so unusual. I don't see many people wearing their hair like that."

I was a bit surprised, I know you don't see many 20-something women in Australia wearing 2 braids, but I didn't think it was *that* uncommon.

CountessDeJager
April 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Two braids? Yeah, I've been known to like that style. :) Other than wearing my hair up in a hat this is my favorite hairstyle and the one I most feel like 'me' in.

I'll agree with them being comfortable and practical. A single braid doesn't get the same amount of tension so gets too shaggy too soon and rubs on my back making it a lot more tangle prone. On the other hand I can wear two braids all day and unbraid them and go to seep without brushing them out if I had to.

The look is one of my comfort styles because you can wear them showing off length but without the attention loose hair requires or the tangle concerns. They are also perfect for airplane rides so my head can comfortably rest against the seatback without a bun shoving me forward into an awkward position. Another wonderful benefit of twin braids- they fit into the little line of fabric decoratively pinned to one of my dresses which holds them out of the way nicely. I have no idea what else that thing might be there for but it sure is handy for me. :shrug:

Elizabeth

AJoifulNoise
April 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Actually, this thread inspired me to wear 2 braids today. Hehe, see?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/April42008Upload001.jpg

Had to redo them a little bit ago though because it is very windy here and they got super fuzzy. They look much better now.

CremeTron
March 7th, 2014, 03:50 AM

Haha Had to laugh. Very well put.

Tini'sNewHair
March 7th, 2014, 04:25 AM
I wear two braids at home all the time but I wouldnt dare be seen in public like that.... it dosnt suit me at all :)))

Madora
March 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I prefer my 2 braids wrapped around my head.

Jumper
March 7th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I almost always wear two braids for sleep, because it's so comfortable. I usually prefer single braids or buns in daytime, though, but that is only because I want to change the pull on my scalp. If I wear two braids (or any hairstyle with a parting in the middle from front to nape) for more than a few days in a row, my scalp starts to feel uncomfortable. Two braids tied together, though, is my usual riding hairstyle. Very comfortable under the helmet and the braids stay out of my way.

I think it's just because my head is so huge but I can't fit any hairstyle with my helmet on... I usually do a single braid down my back, but even that gets iffy as it tilts my helmet forward a little. I used to just keep my hair in a low ponytail that made it a matted mess when I would get done and that matted mess was too much to handle when I was riding 2 or 3 horses a day.

Double braids make my little ends of my layers pop out of the braid worse and I cannot for the life of me get them to be even close to symmetrical on my scalp so I've given up on them.

Remi
March 7th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I wear two braids at home all the time but I wouldnt dare be seen in public like that.... it dosnt suit me at all :)))

I like two braids around the house too. But not outside.

knhess
March 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I wear this style probably 5 days a week! I find it very practical. For some reason my satin sleeping cap will only stay on all night when I wear this style as well. Nobody in my area seems to wear their hair in two braids. I haven't received any negative comments at least.

jupiterinleo
March 7th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I love wearing two braids! It's really comfortable. I never used to wear them in high school because I once overheard a group of dudes talking about how two braids "are never hot on a girl." As I got a little older I started wearing them again 'cause I finally realized--I'm not here to please other people! Haha. Also, my boyfriend loves when I wear them. :o

spidermom
March 7th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Two braids tend to swing around too much for most activities. I always end up pinning them up.

alishaxmarie
March 7th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I like two braids a lot. I used to wear it that way every day of the week, but my classmates got stuck on calling me Pocahontas, so I stopped. At this point, I'm a lot faster and it's easier for me to do one braid, so I end up doing that instead of two.

Why would you be anything but happy about being nicknamed Pocahontas :) lol

I love piggytail braids! Haha but I mean there's a lot of variations you can do with them too like headband braids or a coronet braid or just a braided bun :)