PDA

View Full Version : any long hair ploppers?

plainjanegirl
February 22nd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Well I tried an experiment last night. I just did a co wash from the ears down. Then I did not comb my hair out. Put hair in a loose ponytail with a scrunchy , then took the hair and basically scrunched it up so I could get my shower cap to cover it all and then put another scrunchy over the cap to hold it all in at the same spot where the first scrunchy was. But this morning when I woke up and took it out and down I had disappointing results. The hair was still VERY wet. So when you all plop do you do it with wet or damp hair? My hair was like that for 12 hours, but maybe because of the thickness I need to try on just damp hair. It was just an experiment so no big deal. Gotta work today so hair will be braided.

Naava
February 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
I think your problem was the shower cap, it basicly makes it impossible for your hair to dry. The same way it keep your dry hair dry when worn in shower, it will keep your wet hair wet :)

Redheaded Raven
February 22nd, 2009, 10:52 AM
when I used to plopped I would use a tea towel it works ok
just tied around your head hth

may1em
February 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
I use a microfiber towel (from the auto parts aisle) and tie it shut with a scrunchy. I leave it on for around 20 minutes, half an hour, then take it down and allow to air dry. You're not meant to plop until the entire head is dry - it's just supposed to help the process along.

Lately I've been damp bunning instead. Easier.

plainjanegirl
February 22nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks everybody! So next time I try it I will use a towel (something to absorb the water). I didn't realize that you don't plop till the hair is dry. oops, my bad.
I still need to try the damp bunning thing. I guess the key on the bunning is damp, not wet. So do you leave the bun in till the hair is dry?
Trying to experiment so when I have something special then I have options of how to style my hair.

Botticelli Gold
February 22nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Hi there. I have quite curly hair and when it was shorter, like about shoulder length, plopping would work really well. Im not sure if you are doing it to get some curl, but I find my curls just get squashed with disappointing results at this length. Scrunching/squeezing the water out with my hands seems to work better for me now. :)

plainjanegirl
February 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Hi there. I have quite curly hair and when it was shorter, like about shoulder length, plopping would work really well. Im not sure if you are doing it to get some curl, but I find my curls just get squashed with disappointing results at this length. Scrunching/squeezing the water out with my hands seems to work better for me now. :)

Yes I was trying to plop to encourage any waves/curls. So my hair may be long for this method then? Oh well.