PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to you?

Alana2000
February 22nd, 2009, 06:23 AM
I washed my hair yesterday, and I have noticed this lately, and my hair gets a Chia-pet type quality to it, which is so bad! Its so bad infact I am starting to feel that maybe it has something to do with the combs I use...

Anyway long story short, the next day (today), and this part of the pattern too, its back to it silky/smooth goodness! Does this happen to do? Is this just part of winter hair syndrom? Its just so annoying, but I am glad my hair recovers the next day.

Oh and this happend with whatever shampoo or conditioner I use... Ah well :rolleyes:

Fencai
February 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
yeah I get that. During the winter especially. On days that I wash it, it feels brillo-y. Then the next day its nice and soft.
I found that Fox's Shea Butter Conditioner used as a leave in treatment for me, really helps

Katze
February 22nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Not sure what you mean by chia pet, but my hair has also been drier lately. WO washes in between my other washes helps a lot. Lately I've been oiling more, too. And the Fox's shea butter mix is also good.

good luck finding something!

canary4624
February 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Have you ever tried a CO wash? That helps my wash-day hair to be softer, especially if I use a very heavy conditioner afterwards.

RancheroTheBee
February 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
That's why I try to stretch my washes out during the winter. I have some pretty voluminous hair, and if I wash too often during the winter, it gets super-dry as well. I find that scalp massages with oil help help distribute oils very well, which leads to less poofy hair next time I wash.

logica_divina
February 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Winter, summer, fall or spring... My hair does that all the time. It always looks best the next day. So I usually plan my hair washing (whenever I want to wear it down) that way. CO (which has been my washing method for the last 4 months) also doesn't help much. Same story.

Darkhorse1
February 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Yep. I washed yesterday and I always air dry, and I had spiral ringlets (my hair is getting curlier as I age). I combed it out with a wide tooth comb and instant chia pet poof! Today it looks wayyyy better/tamped down. I think this is common with those who have some curl in their hair.

plainjanegirl
February 22nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
I don't have much if any wave in my hair ( depends on the day) and my hair is always more fluffy on wash day , so I try to wash in the afternoon/evening and by the morning it is much better.

Coriander
February 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Sometimes during the winter my ends will do this - it's a very interesting look.

For those who need a visual of Chia Pets, here you go:

http://ggchia.savontv.com/im/nwimages/chia-kid.jpg

SweetPea88
February 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
My hair does this on occasion as well. Before I joined here I blowdried my hair and it always looked its best the day after washing once the pouf went down.

MadPirateBippy
February 22nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
My hair is also much happier the second day. I wash my hair at night to try to give it a bit of a headstart, and that really seems to help.

Starr
February 22nd, 2009, 11:24 PM
What do you mean? My hair always looks like that!:cheese:

arabidbutterfly
February 23rd, 2009, 12:04 AM
I just try to put off washing as long as possible LOL! :smile: