PDA

View Full Version : Things I hate: bad haircuts

cho_chang
February 21st, 2009, 06:55 PM
Argggggh. I've been going to a gem in Chinatown for $8 a cut, with tip. Hair not incredible, but I'm very happy with the guy for that price! My mom wanted to try somewhere else b/c she doesn't have as good luck with him.

Well, uh...bad idea. I asked for a "trim"

My hair, which I painstakingly grew past BSL, is now 4-5 inches shorter, with really blunt, choppy layers that looked ok after she blew dry straight but are kind of a horror now that it's air-dried. And I have thick hair so it looks extra bad.

AHHHH.

Hopefully it looks ok by prom! I had wanted really long hair by then (June), which I guess isn't really going to happen anymore, I'll just hope for the length it was before this cut :(

Tangles
February 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
This is why many of us self-trim. I've learned to discern when my hair actually needs a trim, whereas stylists will tell you your hair is damaged when it really isn't.

I'm sorry for your bad experience.

Coriander
February 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Ohhhhhh I'm so sorry this happened :flowers: I am sure that it will look fabulous in time for Prom. :grouphug:

spidermom
That's awful! I think the same has happened to everybody at least once, me included. Maybe you will get a really fast growth spurt, which will make this bad haircut feel like a distant nightmare. I hope so.

JamieLeigh
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience!! :grouphug:

This is exactly why I trim my own hair. I don't even trust my own mom with a pair of scissors, because she's always after me to cut it short. She still doesn't get that longer hair is easier to take care of than shorter styles. Go fig. :rolleyes:

cobblersmaid
February 21st, 2009, 07:05 PM
I hope it grows out before your prom, but if it doesn't, you could try a really pretty/fancy updo! :grouphug:

brok3nwings
February 21st, 2009, 07:17 PM
that is a nightmare... i really feel for you. I understand your pain, really!! i hope it isnt as bad as you think it is... normally i take about 1 month to get used to anything different in my hair

lizzyjo
February 21st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Aww, I'm sorry that happened. Hair always grows back, though. By prom you'll at least have another two inches.

RancheroTheBee
February 21st, 2009, 09:37 PM
Aww. Internets hug? Poor girl. I stopped going to hair dressers in 2005, and I've never looked back. I don't know why they insist on hacking so much hair off; it makes no sense to me. Are they collecting it? Is there some sort of weird, ongoing contest amongst hair dressers for who can cut off the most hair and get away with it? I don't understand.

WaimeaWahine
February 21st, 2009, 10:39 PM
I second Cobblersmaid. An updo would be pretty for prom! :)

Beatnik Guy
February 22nd, 2009, 05:42 AM
There are bad haircuts and good haircuts? :confused:
:silly:

Addy
February 22nd, 2009, 06:08 AM
UGH cho chang! I feel so bad for you! I know when I last went to a salon in 8/07 it was the last time for me because of a terrible, terrible cut! I cried and cried because I lost so much hair! :(

I am so sorry. Your hair will grow sweetie! I know it won't be as long as you wished for for prom but it will grow back. :grouphug:

rapunzhell13
February 22nd, 2009, 06:09 AM
There are bad haircuts and good haircuts? :confused:
:silly:

LOL! Nice one. :rockerdud

BeatlesFanGirl
February 25th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I'm really sorry it has happened to you :(:( I went for a trim on Monday, I asked 1 inch and a bit layered and he cut 1 inch - that's why I chose him to be my hairdresser. I only regret asking for bangs which I decided to grow back before. And yeah, he's expensive... :S

Copasetic
February 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
This has never happened to me personally, but I have heard a lot of stories just like yours. My friend who had BSL hair went to the salon for a trim, and the hairdresser told her "I can't trim that, its too long. I need to cut off about 6 inches." And thats exactly what she did. If a hairdresser had said that to me, I would have just left. They need to realize they are providing a service, not dictating what kind of hair everyone should have.

cho_chang
February 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
thanks guys :) sigh

Isilme
February 25th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Go back and complain, 4 inches isn't a trim, it's a cut! Also, you didn't ask for layers. Complain!

BlackfootHair
February 25th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry this happened.... :( Baby your hair and it will grow in no time. :) Then go to your guy for your $8 trim to have it fixed later on. :) At least he does what you tell him, right? :)

MadPirateBippy
February 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I haven't gone to a stylist in years for just that reason. I learned to self trim because I just don't trust anyone to no chop too much.

Random note- this is my 1,000th post so I should probably do a retrospective post soon!

sweetbluesky
February 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Hun, I understand your pain. I went for a haircut last week and she wanted to cut more of my hair because "the ends were dead." I was thinking, all of my hair is dead....:rolleyes:
Hang in there, it will grow, just put up your hair as often as you can so you can forget about it. Try not to worry too much, it will grow