PDA

View Full Version : Dye ONLY bangs? Is it okay?

White_Rabbit
February 21st, 2009, 05:26 PM
I dyed all of my hair once, but it didn't show much...and I don't want to risk any damage...

But is it okay to dye my bangs (but not the rest of my hair)? Cuz I cut them when they get too long anyway, so I don't really care if they're fried...or will this somehow damage my hair, even after it's been cut?

(I'm just kind of OCD about my hair being healthy...)

purplebubba
February 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
I think if you have an obvious length difference between the bangs and the rest and can seperate the rest and pin it back you can do that. I think using a brush to apply the dye might work better. But I'm just guessing.
By knowing which hair is the bangs all the time you'll be able to do retouches when they grow.

freznow
February 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM
It's okay to do whatever you want to your hair, if it makes you happy!

But yes, because bangs are so much shorter, the damage is cut off before it becomes an issue. You wouldn't want to bleach it out of existence or anything, but simply dying it and/or lightening it shouldn't be that major. Just be sure you get the dye on the bangs only!

Country Cowcurl
February 21st, 2009, 06:01 PM
i suggest maybe you moisturize the rest of your scalp/hair not being dyed.....conditioner or oil. it should be fine if you want to dye your bangs because, as you said, they don't get long or old enough to accumulate damage.

happy bangs dyeing!! and i hope you're pleased with the results = )

WindowDressing
February 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM
Nothing wrong with it, but be very careful not to get it on your length. Even coat your length beforehand to prevent any absorption.

Y'all colorists can explain how this is done.;)

Good Luck!

Hugs,
WD :)

Oskimosa
February 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm just trying to figure out why the dye didn't take to your bangs in the first place. Are they pretty damaged or did you just goof on the application? Because if the first is true, you might need to do more than just re-apply to get it to look the same as the length.

Tap Dancer
February 23rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
It's your hair. You can do anything you want to it. :flower:

nessthing
February 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
Do it.

(ten character post limit.)

Loviatar
February 23rd, 2009, 09:00 AM
As said above, it's your hair, White Rabbit. Nobody can or should tell you one way or another. Personally, I would say go for it, and as you say it's only your bangs, they can be trimmed out very easily. What colour were you thinking of dyeing them? nessthing's bleach stripe is very cool and that would count as the 'bangs' section as it's so close to the front.

It is your choice. But I think it could look very good. So long as you look after it afterwards, you shouldnt have much of a problem if, as you say, you're obsessive about healthy hair. Coloured hair can be healthy, we have some great heads of coloured hair here. Even great heads of bleached hair. :)