PDA

View Full Version : Help for oiling

themostsilly
March 30th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I was just in GNC and noticed that had a sale on their essential oils, and I remembered reading positive posts on here, how that can help with shedding and hair loss, so I went ahead a bought Rosemary Oil and a Lavender Tea Tree oil blend. I went back through looking at some of the threads about application, and it seems everyone says just to apply to the scalp-thats what I have a few questions about.
I would like to add a few drops to my normal Olive oil that I use for heavy overnight oilings, I have added Tea Tree oil in the past to this to help with scalp problems, and didn't see any negative side effects. So I was wondering if it would be okay to add the EO that I bought to olive oil and use it for an all over hair and scalp oil to leave on overnight? If I did this could it possibly dry out my hair more?
I would really like to try the EO for shedding since I do alot of that, but prefer the convience of adding to my bottle of olive oil used for application. Would it be better to apply some with the EO in it just to the scalp, and olive oil without through the rest of the hair?
I am new to using these products so my knowledge if very limited, to me it seems like if its all natural and good for the skin then it shouldn't hurt the hair, but I don't really know.
I also saw some posts about adding a couple of drops Rosemary EO to an acv rinse, and wondered about the benefits of this, and the posibility of this being drying to my hair.
By the way I have tried many of your suggestions over the last week and a half since I joined and appreciate the support. At this point my finance thinks I am nuts, but I really want the longest healthiest hair possible before the wedding, to me it is worth it. I will update with pictures soon, I took one after almost every new technique...

ChloeDharma
March 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Adding essential oils to a base oil (like the olive oil you like) is a perfect way to use them :)

The benefit of adding an essential oil to an ACV rinse is that the vinegar allows the EO to disperse into the water....but, add the EO to the vinegar before adding water for this effect.

Rosemary stimulates follicles to produce hairs which is one of the main reasons its used.

themostsilly
March 30th, 2008, 03:48 PM
My main concern really is it okay to add EO to my olive oil and apply to all my hair and scalp, instead of just scalp? I understand it is good for my scalp and can help stimulate growth, but it is safe to use on the hair, applied all over?

ChloeDharma
March 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Yep, should be absolutely fine hun :)

Aisha25
March 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I didn't know that GNC carries EOs:D.I hope they carry jasmine:cloud9:.

themostsilly
March 30th, 2008, 06:03 PM
They have it listed on their site, but I don't remember seeing it, I guess it depends on each individual store. My store had the two I got and peppermint, clove, thyme, and maybe one or two more, all the Now brand. I may have just over looked it though since rosemary and lavender were two that stuck out in my mind. What benefits does jasmine EO have? I would imagine it seems really nice

Aisha25
March 30th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I'm sure it has alot of benefits I heard that jasmine it deeply relaxes, lifts depression and boosts confidence, eases childbirth, helps with sexual problems, sooths coughing and tones and improves skin elasticity, while helping to reduce stretch marks and scars.
And probably many other things too,,but one thing I do know..it smells so gooood;).
Thank you themostsilly:).

ChloeDharma
March 31st, 2008, 06:36 AM
I'm sure it has alot of benefits I heard that jasmine it deeply relaxes, lifts depression and boosts confidence, eases childbirth, helps with sexual problems, sooths coughing and tones and improves skin elasticity, while helping to reduce stretch marks and scars.
And probably many other things too,,but one thing I do know..it smells so gooood;).
Thank you themostsilly:).

Just a pity it's so bloody expensive! Though you can buy it diluted in a carrier oil to make it more affordable....i was thinking of trying that.

Aisha25
March 31st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hey that sounds like a good idea cheaper and still same smell:).If I ever find that ill buy that for sure.

Nynaeve
April 1st, 2008, 03:03 PM
I love the smell of jasmine, don't have any products with jasmine though, because it's so bloody expensive.
Whenever I see my DBF, he always tells me I smell of jasmine and lavender though, and I don't use either! :shrug:
Just glad he likes those smells. :)

Nynaeve
April 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
It sounds like that would be lovely for your scalp and would be fine for the hair too.
Are you planning on using it as a leave-in or as a major pre-wash oiling?