PDA

View Full Version : Freshly braided hair look

Patty lou
February 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM
How do you guys keep a Freshly braided hair look for a few days, as my hair on the next day is soft and fly away.

a lot of hair spray, a GEL, or some other trick.

I need your help on this, and looked at products in the supermarket and became totally confused.

Thanks Patty lou

Heavenly Locks
February 20th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Do you mean without undoing the braid and re-doing it?

Chromis
February 20th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Do you mean without undoing the braid and re-doing it?

That's how I do it! :agree:

AJoifulNoise
February 20th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Slathering my hair in aloe vera gel holds it pretty well for several hours. But, I have to shampoo it out. And it still gets a bit fuzzy by the end of the day. Keep in mind that most of the pictures of braids you see here are of freshly braided hair.

Auryn
February 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Try misting it slightly with water and rebraiding. I usually just run a comb through my hair and then re-braid.

Gumball
February 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Like others have said your best bet is to redo it. Even if you used sprays and gels if you moved even a little bit while you slept it would rub some part and risk making it slightly less pristine than if you just did it.

eadwine
February 21st, 2009, 06:00 AM
When I was in the hospital you should have seen my braid. I couldn't redo it myself so it only got done mornings and before sleep by a sweet nurse.

Braids will have fly outs, even if you slick it down with oil it will. Redoing for me is the only way :)

scalawaggirl
February 21st, 2009, 06:02 AM
I braid my hair for bed and always have to redo, if I want to keep it braided. Either way, I respray with my defrizz spray and let it air dry into waves or rebraid/put up.

Leabhar
February 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
I would redo the braids. If you want them to look sleeker, oiling helps!

kali_shey
February 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM
On days when it has to look good (which are very rare, for me) I tend to shellac it down with hairspray (which I loathe) and then wash it that night, otherwise it becomes a huge mess. The rest of the time, if it's not a big deal, I do rebraid, because I've got a few layers and eventually, if it's rubbing on my collar or my back, my braid starts looking like something a cat sicked up XD.

Coriander
February 21st, 2009, 01:15 PM
I am a rebraider. I'll use oil for the ends if they fly away.

spidermom
February 21st, 2009, 03:05 PM
My braid doesn't look nice beyond a few minutes.

Gumball
February 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM

Hear hear! Chia Braids unite!

Monchhichi
February 21st, 2009, 03:45 PM
I have to rebraid every morning. The only braids that I don't rebraid every day are small accent braids.

Jessikinz
February 22nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
I cannot keep a braid looking good at all what-so-ever. But usually what helps it look nice for a few hours is misting my hair before I braid. Then smooth oil on my braid to keep the layers down for a bit. My braids always look so fuzzy half way through the day. I just end up re-braiding.

Katze
February 22nd, 2009, 09:48 AM

me neither, but brushing my hair flat flat flat, and oiling it before and after braiding, helps a bit (it also changes my hair color)...

Anje
February 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
I re-braid mine. But a really greasy oily braid definitely looks sleek and shiny for a while.

BunnyBee
February 22nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
I've worn a french braid to bed and wrapped a silk scarf round my head and in the morning the braid looked practically the same as when freshly done, so maybe that's an idea?:)

tinabcurly
February 22nd, 2009, 03:26 PM

Me neither... I have to rebraid every hour or else it looks like I have brush growing out of my head. Braiding while soaking wet with gobs of conditioner gets me through a few hours.

Xi
February 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
If I put my hair in two braids while it's damp they usually still look presentable the next morning (no gel/hairspray/whatnot). I've been known to leave the same two braids in two days or so. It makes for some crazy braidwaves...:gabigrin:

harpgal
February 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Being that I have very fine, fly-away hair, my braid looks like a furry caterpillar in about 5 minutes. That is why I wrap it up.

MadPirateBippy
February 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
1. Silk pillowcases and head scarves for the win.

2. Oil length.

3. Be willing to re-braid.