PDA

View Full Version : CO SMT question

atlantaz3
February 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I am guessing the experimenting never ends. I'm in week two of a sulfate free shampoo experiment. My hair is definitely fluffier.

However all these threads about CO only are peeking my interest, especially some of the ones with essential oil added.

My questions are - who does smt with CO only? does your hair feel as clean as sls shampoo clean? (I am thinking sls shampoo after smt defeats the sulfate free purpose - but how do you get the smt out?

Also is any one doing smt with abba products and what are your results?

PS I know individual results may vary :cheese:

Katze
February 20th, 2009, 11:02 AM
When I SMT, I do it after a shampooing, and just rinse it out. Unlike oil, it comes out on its own, at least with my fine hair. Just did a mini SMT after swimming yesterday and my hair is so shiny and soft, right down to the ends.

I tried CO with SMT for a while, it was nice at first but after longer CO (or 'poo free, or any routine without occasional sulfate use) my hair got dull, lifeless, tangly, and my scalp itchy and icky.

So I'm not a good person to ask, but I did want to say that SMT with every wash has worked REALLY well for me for times my ends are misbehaving or my hair just feels dull and ugly...

akka naeda
February 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I used to use SMT for CO washing, it comes out no problems with rinsing. I still use it on my length, but I found my scalp doesn't do well with having conditioner (in SMT or otherwise) put on it so now I use shampoo on my head, and the same rinse to wash out both that and the SMT on my length. It does get clean - the SMT mix is strong enough to take out a heavy pre-wash oiling with shea butter.

BTW, I don't warm the SMT mix, it works just fine without, but I don't know if that had a bearing on how it works, and I put it straight on dry hair because it drips less while I'm waiting for it to "work".