PDA

View Full Version : When will it grow?

mankefam
February 20th, 2009, 10:22 AM
OMG! I have been waiting for my hair to grow. Seems like it is not! I so regret cutting it all off. :( Here are my pics...
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/mankefam/9-6-08.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/mankefam/12-2-08.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/mankefam/2-20-09-1.jpg

What do you all think? I guess it has grown some. I think I read that hair grows better in the summer. When will that start?

mankefam
February 20th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ok, that didn't work. I put dates on all of them. Anyway, the first pic is 9-6-08 the second is 12-2-08 and the third is on it, 2-20-09.

melrose1985
February 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Pretty hair. I looks like it grew. My is seeming like it's not. Some times when forget about it the next thing be know it's growing! Hang in there!

OhioLisa
February 20th, 2009, 10:28 AM
It's only been 5 months between pics. Hair grows, on average, .5" per month. I can see some growth. Just try to be patient. Putting it up and forgetting about it helps. :)

JamieLeigh
February 20th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I see nice growth! It looks beautiful! :)

Most people average about 1/2" a month, so it looks like you're falling into the mainstream as far as growth. I wouldn't worry about it; as long as you and your hair are healthy, growth will come. ;)

MsBubbles
February 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hello and welcome, almost hair twin. :)
It looks to me like your hair has grown a lot!! It looks in great condition too, btw.

Alana2000
February 20th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Your hair is getting longer... I am growing my hair too, and sometimes I think it stalls and bit then growth galore. It will come.

Gumball
February 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM
There is definitely growth between each picture. I wouldn't worry. I think you're watching that pot and hoping for the water to boil. If you keep looking at your hair you might not see growth the same way as if you just stop paying attention to it for a bit and then see the growth that happens.

It's like watching a kid grow up. If you're always around them you might not see them sprout up, but if you don't see them for a few months or even a year you might see them boost up like a little weed.

It's definitely growing decently. Enjoy the ride!

spidermom
February 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Oh yes; it has grown. The ends are now at armpit length; congratulations on reaching that milestone.

Whenever I find myself obsessing about growth/no growth, it helps to put my hair up very fast every morning without even looking at it (except to make sure that the style is centered and so forth). Don't check the length more often than once a month. Even better - once every 3 months. Then you will see progress and be encouraged.

MadPirateBippy
February 20th, 2009, 11:05 AM
It is getting longer. If you want it to grow faster, check out the monistat thread. :)

Elenna
February 20th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I see some growth. It looks like you don't have any damage or dye to worry about. Your hair will be long. Just give it some time. And what a pretty color!

mankefam
February 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Wow, you ladies sure no how to make a girl feel good. Now looking at the pics I do see it but I don't feel it. lol Once I hit BSL I think that will be a comfort spot. It will feel a lot longer then.

lora410
February 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Looks like it has grown to me. Last year my hair took off and grew like crazy from June-November. I myself am also in the slow growth slump

Johanna64
February 20th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Your hair has sure grown!!
I love the color :)

rosie91
February 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
definately :D i can see your layers grown out a lot! and its such a pretty colour x

Carina
February 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
My hair grows so slowly I could burst into tears:wail:.But I hope I will have a growthspurt when spring comes.

Pixna
February 20th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Your hair is lovely, and yes, it looks like it has grown. You are lucky that it is long enough to do updos (I envy you!). My plan is to put my hair up as soon as it is long enough to do so and forget about it for a few months. I think it will grow faster "in the dark" and if we're not watching. ;)

tinabcurly
February 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I see some nice growth so, whatever you're doing, it's working. Your hair's very pretty!

Gumball
February 20th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Wow, you ladies sure no how to make a girl feel good. Now looking at the pics I do see it but I don't feel it. lol Once I hit BSL I think that will be a comfort spot. It will feel a lot longer then.

*cough* Ladies and gents. :D

mankefam
February 20th, 2009, 03:31 PM
*cough* Ladies and gents. :D
Sorry, my bad. :o

kam984420
February 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM
You're definately getting some awesome growth! Congrats! Just be patient. If you want long hair, its just a waiting game. And whatever you do, DON'T CUT.

joyfulmom4
February 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Based on your photographs, it appears to have grown a couple of inches. That'a a lot in that amount of time. Look at your first pic. See how much space there is between the longest hairs and your armpit level? Now look at the last pic. The longest hairs are reaching armpit level.

It grew!

Hang in there. Waiting for hair to grow can make anyone impatient.