PDA

View Full Version : My DD2 has less curl using CO...interesting

jewelotn
February 20th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I switched my two daughters to CO. We use Suave Mountain Strawberry. Interestingly, my youngest who's about 6 months old, has less curling at the ends with CO. (For reference I'm maybe a 1c/2a) Since DD2 has hair that is just starting to grow past her ears, she doesn't have too much length. But, when we were using shampoo (Johnson & Johnson) her ends would curl more. One side actually had almost a complete spiral curl...

B/c the kids have dry skin to begin with, they get baths maybe once a week. I like CO on the girls btw. Their hair doesn't feel like straw anymore. =)

Has this happened to others? Meaning CO has "loosened" the curls a bit...?

JamieLeigh
February 20th, 2009, 09:19 AM
My DD is nearly 8, and her hair is almost to her waist. She has hair that is pretty thick, and tends to curl naturally if left alone. I switched her to CO when I switched over in January, since she has a dry scalp, and she seems to be doing well with it. Her curls are now soft waves, and she likes it better that way, since she wants long hair "like Mommy". The straighter her hair looks, the longer it looks to her. ;)

GlassEyes
February 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM
The texture of baby hair is completely different from adults. It's basically the finest hair you'll ever encounter, and as they get older it'll become coarser (even if it stays fine, it probably won't be THAT fine), and probably change texture.

CO is pretty heavy-duty as far as moisture and adding weight, so I'm not surprised that a super fine head of hair can be weighed down by it.

lora410
February 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
My dd has curls and I co and spray it daily with homemade leave in. Her curls also get alot looser. i think it has to do with the conditioner weighing it down.

Angellen
February 20th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I was going to comment on that, too. My hair tends to be wavier (and frizzier!) with I'm using other routines, and straighter and sleeker with CO. Using shampoo bars, my hair was 1b/1c or even 1c, but now that I switched back to CO, it's more like a solid 1b. I'm learning to love it because my hair is much silkier now, it has a lot of shine and body and is overall happier this way.

jewelotn
February 20th, 2009, 07:41 PM
The texture of baby hair is completely different from adults. It's basically the finest hair you'll ever encounter, and as they get older it'll become coarser (even if it stays fine, it probably won't be THAT fine), and probably change texture.

CO is pretty heavy-duty as far as moisture and adding weight, so I'm not surprised that a super fine head of hair can be weighed down by it.

true! Totally forgot about baby hair texture....

hmm wondering now if I should switch them to shampoo bars after the Suave is all done...I don't want a product that weighs down hair, esp in a baby/toddler. I guess what I'm looking for is something that will be clean their scalp just enough but also keep their natural hair texture/behavior...