PDA

View Full Version : Will cassia stop my blond highlight from getting dark?

Yedda
February 20th, 2009, 06:39 AM
I currently have golden highlights in my dark hair that I am trying to get rid of and grow out, so my hair is it's natural color.

I'm wondering, will cassia stop my golden highlights from darkening up to my natural color?

My question does not make sense if I am only letting my hair grow out to get it back to it's dark color because the hair will still grow out the same using cassia or not.

However, I am using different products, oils, etc. to try to darken my hair such as molasses, different oils, etc. I'm wondering if cassia might keep these hairs golden rather than let them darken a bit like I want them to.

Any opinions on this?:confused:

ktani
February 20th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I currently have golden highlights in my dark hair that I am trying to get rid of and grow out, so my hair is it's natural color.

I'm wondering, will cassia stop my golden highlights from darkening up to my natural color?

My question does not make sense if I am only letting my hair grow out to get it back to it's dark color because the hair will still grow out the same using cassia or not.

However, I am using different products, oils, etc. to try to darken my hair such as molasses, different oils, etc. I'm wondering if cassia might keep these hairs golden rather than let them darken a bit like I want them to.

Any opinions on this?:confused:

That depends on how you use the cassia, IMO. It has been reported to turn hair a brassy colour.

Cassia is pH sensitive and can yield differnt colours from gold to red to yellow to no colour at all, depending on how acid the solution you mix it with.

Distilled water, with a pH of 7, should have it yield no colour.

Based on reports, mixing cassia with orange juice and undiluted honey can have it yield red/gold tones (most honey on the market is very acidic), http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=13332.