PDA

View Full Version : Giovanni at Target!!!

1953Diygal
March 30th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Yee haw!

We were at our neighborhood Target yesterday, and they have selected items from the Giovanni line. They have the Tea Tree S&C, the leave-in, the 50-50 S&C and the Smooth as Silk S&C. They also have some styling products.

The best part is the items are $2+ cheaper than at Whole Paycheck! The S&C are $7.99 instead of the $10 or so that they charge at Whole Foods.

Oh, they also have Alba Botanica (yay! lotion!) and some Jason items. In our Target, they were where the majority of the Burt's Bees stuff used to be

prosperina
March 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Whohoo! I hope they've got them at the Target I go to too. Whole foods stuff is pricey.

OhioLisa
March 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the tip!! :D I hope mine has it too!

jojo
March 30th, 2008, 12:55 PM
wish we had a Target store in the UK :o(

Chamomile betty
March 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I have noticed so many other brands, previously one would have to order on line or from a catalog, popping up in stores like Target and Walmart.

It's nice to be able to try something you can actually go pick up while shopping.

Sorus
March 30th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Oooh, excellent! I tried Giovanni 50:50 a few days ago because I found a 32oz bottle with a pump top at Costco for $12. I'd love to try the Tea Tree one; I see a trip to Target in my future.

akurah
March 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
A tip for folks before they actually go trekking to a target store...

Go to Target's website, and type "Giovanni" in the search box. It'll come back with the Giovanni products. Pick the product you're most interested in (though if they have one product they probably have most), and hit the "Find it at a target store".

Punch in your zip, and voila.

My favorite Target store, for instance, doesn't have it (it says Out of Stock, which may also be an euphemism for "We don't and won't carry it"), but one a bit down the road from me in another location does.

SHADOWSCODE46
March 30th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Whole Paycheck!?!?

:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

I'm dead! I have never heard that expression before! I am seriously laughing so hard right now in front of my computer.

Otay, I'm calm now. I don't know what Whole Foods everyone is shopping at, but mine (Time Warner building in Columbus Circle in NYC), always sells the Giovanni products for 7.99. Thats teh same price for them at Wegmans too (A 'Whole Foods' like store I found in PA).

Whole Paycheck... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

AmandaPanda
March 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
They go on sale at Whole Paycheck occasionally :)

Ash
March 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
For anyone who shops at Kroger, they have added Giovanni products in the Nature's Market areas also. I'm not sure if this is nation wide but hopefully it will be. I'm just glad that chain stores are willing to carry this type of stuff. Maybe they are starting to realize that not everyone likes chemicals.

chloeishere
March 30th, 2008, 05:25 PM
A tip for folks before they actually go trekking to a target store...

Go to Target's website, and type "Giovanni" in the search box. It'll come back with the Giovanni products. Pick the product you're most interested in (though if they have one product they probably have most), and hit the "Find it at a target store".

Punch in your zip, and voila.

My favorite Target store, for instance, doesn't have it (it says Out of Stock, which may also be an euphemism for "We don't and won't carry it"), but one a bit down the road from me in another location does.

WOOT! I checked it out with this, and the three stores nearest me (including the one in the same plaza as my workplace) carry it! I'm going to Target soon!
:cheese:

archel
March 30th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Can anybody recommend an *extremely* moisturizing Giovanni shampoo and conditioner for hair that has been stripped, bleached and dyed red (i.e. parched)? It's also very fond of cones...I have a Target up the road and I bet their prices are better than Earth Unfair (Earth Fare, hahaha)

cutastrophe
March 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
yep, just bought some today! :)

Nynaeve
March 30th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Hmmmm. Never tried any of thos products but I might if we have them at our Target.
Thanks for the tip. :)

chloeishere
March 31st, 2008, 05:10 PM
I got the 50/50 conditioner today! It took me a while to find it, as I'm not particularly familiar with the layout of this Target.
The smell of the 50/50 conditioner is almost exactly the same as the Trader Joe's nourish spa that I have-- I don't dislike the smell, but I would have preferred something different, and more vibrant. I smelled Smooth as Silk (citrusy, actually it reminded me of a milder version of the TJ's Citrus Refresh line!) as well, and Tea Tree Triple Treat (smelled like... tea tree oil, boo).

It is NOT with the normal shampoo and conditioners-- as mentioned in the OP, it's with the Burt's Bees stuff (I didn't realize that was relevant, but eventually saw the Burt's Bees stuff, and knew to start looking around there). It's two or three aisles over from the hair stuff aisles, in my Target. With the cosmetics, IIRC.

They also had some J/A/S/O/N stuff there, tiny little sample bottles of the Giovanni line (for $1.99 each), Avalon Organics products (several different shampoo and conditioners-- pretty bottles). I think there may have been a few more brands that I forgot, but those were the main ones. The Avalon stuff was also priced at $7.99 a bottle.

Thanks for the heads up, 1953Diygal!

inches411
March 31st, 2008, 05:15 PM
Your so right. I was at Target yesterday and noticed it too. It was near the other organic lines. My target carries the travel size bottles for 1.99. Im happy because i want to give it a trial run before I buy the regular sized bottles.

Teacherbear
March 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Now that you say that, I remember seeing it there the last time I went. It does seem a bit cheaper than it is at my WF. I didn't notice that my Target had that large of a selection of products, though. I'll have to look more carefully the next time I go. Thanks for posting this!

Patrycja
March 31st, 2008, 07:54 PM
that is so awesome! I pay way too much for JASON stuff at the Whole Foods store here.

Carolyn
March 31st, 2008, 08:00 PM
I got some Triple Tea Tree or whatever it's called conditioner today. Woo Hoo!

Beesweet
April 1st, 2008, 05:17 AM
Okay, it must be too early in the morning. I thought "Whole Paycheck" was a store y'all had up North!
Once I figured out it was Whole Foods it gave me a huge laugh. That's my new name for it, for sure.

Anyway, excuse my ignorance, but what's the big deal about Giovanni?
I checked my Target and it has it, and my hubby and one kid might love it.
I have a hubby with straight hair and scalp issues, and a girl with relaxed, damaged hair.

The rest of us are wurly to very curly.
Any tips on this product for us? Thanks.....

AJoifulNoise
April 1st, 2008, 08:40 AM
I was just about to ask if anyone in the MD/DE/PA area had seen any in their local Targets. This area seems a little slow to get stuff that other areas get quickly (example: the new Herbal Essenses). But, I went on the website and it says the one in Dover, DE has them all! I'm so excited. It was time for me to get some conditioner anyway and now I can get some new ones to test out!

Kittee
April 1st, 2008, 08:53 AM
They have Jasons at ours! I love their Tea Tree oil shampoo! Keeps my scalp in order!

pgw
April 1st, 2008, 09:05 AM
:cheese:

Thanks for posting this! Next time I'm around Target I'll have to check it out. I'd like to give the 50/50 conditioner a try.

2BThinAgain
April 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM
It's availabe here at the UpState NY Target stores..giovanni is..hurray!!!!
Got mine last from drugstore.com

Love the 50/50 and direct leave in condish :)

Deb

icydove
April 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM
We have Giovanni at the local grocery store, Bi-Lo. They have been putting it on sale fairly regularly for $6.