PDA

View Full Version : Hair as an eyemask!

MadPirateBippy
February 19th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Last night I crashed at a friends place, and the house is glorious. Sadly, the couch is in a room which gets filled with amazing light... right at dawn.

I read here about someone who used their braid as a eye mask and tried it. I cannot sleep with light in a room, at all, but it WORKED!

It's about TIME my braid did something for me after all the work I put into it! :cheese:

Gumball
February 19th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Haha excellent! That's a great anti-sun remedy! If I didn't roll around at night I'd totally give this a shot, too, since I get a nice beam of light in my eye during this time of year, too.

LittleOrca
February 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
My braid is a little too thin I think to be a great eye mask, but then I need just a little light in my room when I sleep. *pats the fish tank*

Pierre
February 19th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I do this too, though not with braids. I take the two masses of hair and cross them over my eyes. At home, though, I put a Buff on and cover myself with blankets.

dearladydisdain
February 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
:lol: I've done this before too.

JamieLeigh
February 20th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I toss and turn way too much for that to work for me, unless I taped it to my face. Even then, my taper would probably be working against me. :o

MadPirateBippy
February 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM
My braid isn't all that thick, honestly- I didn't think it would work. :) I also tend to toss and turn, but when I've woken up a little because of light in my eyes, I can just toss the braid over and tuck int under my pillow, and it's enough to get me back to sleep.

WHICH IS FANTASTIC!