PDA

View Full Version : I think I got a hair compliment!

MsBubbles
February 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I say "I think" because this is a vendor soliciting business where I work. A salesman was chit chatting with me about our daughters (who are at the same high school). He was talking about the upcoming prom and how much money it's all costing "...for the dress, and buying the hair...". I said "Huh? Buying the hair??!". He said "Yeah, well they buy hair these days - they don't all have long beautiful hair like yours".

:D:disco:

Well, ok, he is trying to sell us something, but still.

WILL.WORK.FOR.HAIR.COMPLIMENTS.

Addy
February 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
That was certainly a compliment! :D

susiemw
February 19th, 2009, 12:58 PM
He said "Yeah, well they buy hair these days - they don't all have long beautiful hair like yours".

:D:disco:

Well, ok, he is trying to sell us something, but still.

WILL.WORK.FOR.HAIR.COMPLIMENTS.

That sounds like a true compliment to me.
he wasn't fishing for a sale with that line.
enjoy it!

Rohele
February 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Good for you! :)

I don't think he was just trying to sell you something - your hair is lovely.

DragonLady
February 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM
lol

I got one of those last weekend. I was buying a barrette from a vendor at our local art fair, and he said "You have a considerable amount of hair." I was happy -in fact, it made my day. :) If I'd had more cash, I would've probably bought more from him, just to hear a few more compliments. Desperate, I know.... :)

OTOH, I once had a hairdresser suggest that I cut my hair short, and tried to sell me with "you can buy extentions for those days you really want it back". Right. I'm gonna cut my real hair to buy fake so no one will know I cut my hair....

lora410
February 19th, 2009, 01:02 PM
NICE!!! and it would be the day I buy my daughter hair :rolleyes:

lora410
February 19th, 2009, 01:03 PM
OTOH, I once had a hairdresser suggest that I cut my hair short, and tried to sell me with "you can buy extentions for those days you really want it back". Right. I'm gonna cut my real hair to buy fake so no one will know I cut my hair....

WHAT!!! I would have said or I could just by a wig for the days I want short hair.

scalawaggirl
February 19th, 2009, 01:06 PM
WHAT!!! I would have said or I could just by a wig for the days I want short hair.

DragonLady, lora410, no kidding! That's the ultimate in not-so-logical logic.

OP, I definitely think it was a compliment. Yay for you!!! :cheese:

DragonLady
February 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Yeah; I should've thought of that. I honestly just didn't know what to say. My DD was getting her hair cut at the time, and she went from very long to very short, so I guess he thought I'd want to do the same.

MsBubbles
February 19th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the comments! Maybe it's some kinda good karma since I whined about my ends last week. Funny thing is, I've been sick the past few days and left the house with it wet and tangled, and hadn't even had time to comb it and put it up yet.

I wonder how long the fake hair trend will last.

Fencai
February 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
that was indeedy a nice compliment! Way to go!

natt i nord
February 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM
My friend in school almost fell down backwards when she saw my rope braid: "Wow, that looks fantastic - don't open it!!"

:inlove:

And I think this, MsBubbles, was really a compliment :)

JamieLeigh
February 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM
That was definitely a compliment...in a creepy salesman sort of way...but still a compliment. Congrats! :D

Curlsgirl
February 20th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the comments! Maybe it's some kinda good karma since I whined about my ends last week. Funny thing is, I've been sick the past few days and left the house with it wet and tangled, and hadn't even had time to comb it and put it up yet.

I wonder how long the fake hair trend will last.

I wonder that too. I forget who it was on American Idol that got exposed for her hair extensions the other night LOL. I think a lot of the girls on there must do that because IRL there aren't that many people with thick, long layered hair. :rolleyes:

Oh and Ms. Bubbles, that was a much deserved compliment!!! Your hair is looking beautiful honestly!

Katze
February 20th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Yes, you deserve it with all your hard work! :flower:

And your hair truly is looking nice, too.

Yay for compliments!

MsBubbles
February 20th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Well thanks for the compliments! But I feel like such a fake really, because the flash in my avatar pic made my hair look way more together than it ever is IRL ;).

I think I'm getting better at spotting extensions, and whether I'm right or not, I decide that any woman on the TV with layered and those wavy strands that hang together in locks down to APL/BSL probably has extensions. Especially if they had chin-length hair the week before. It really bothers me and I really need to get over it.

JamieLeigh
February 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I think I'm getting better at spotting extensions, and whether I'm right or not, I decide that any woman on the TV with layered and those wavy strands that hang together in locks down to APL/BSL probably has extensions. Especially if they had chin-length hair the week before. It really bothers me and I really need to get over it.

It still bothers me, too. Not as much as it did when my hair was nearly to my knees, and then Shania Twain's video for "From This Moment" came out...she had a classic-length pony-braid-thingy going on. And my boyfriend's eyes popped out of his sockets at it. I was like, "HELLO!?! Mine is longer, and it's REAL!!!" :steam

MadPirateBippy
February 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM

That's what I've done, that and Cuddledumplin's trick. :cheese:

Between us (he does theater stuff), my husband and I have three wigs and sometimes it's just nice to put your hair up and go out with shorter hair where you don't care if it gets tangled, or goop in it, or otherwise messed up.

Charli800
February 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Yup, it sounds genuine to me too. Be proud of your hair! :)