PDA

View Full Version : Where do you wash your hair?

RancheroTheBee
February 19th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I was curious to see where everybody washes their hair. A while ago, I heard that washing your hair in the bath was a poor idea, and that "your hair will never be truly clean" (emphasis mine).

Where do you wash your hair? Does your hair feel clean? Do you want your hair to be "truly clean", or do you prefer a bit of oil in there sometimes?

If you don't mind, I'd also like to hear what the water quality is like in your area, as well as the quality of your hair and any other reasons you choose one method over the other (i.e.: I shower because: I've always preferred showers, etc.)

ETA: Oh, yes. This is a multiple-choice poll. :)

Aisha25
February 19th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I get on my knees over my bath tub and use a shower head to spray my hair clean and use a basin for the length to soak in. I have soft water. I perfer clean hair on hair wash day but after that I put oil.

rhysiana
February 19th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I voted for both shower and bath. It's far more the shower now, whereas before I went to college [and got out of the habit] it was almost exclusively bath. Shower just seems a lot easier now, especially with final cold water rinsing/vinegar rinsing, because I need to be standing for that.

I have no idea what the water quality in my area is like now. I haven't been having problems with my hair, so I haven't bothered to look it up.

natt i nord
February 19th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Erhms... I go outside and wait for rain to fall and wash my hair :D

No, I use the tub standing inside. I voted for shower because it is something like that. If I wash overhead I look like a lion when they're dry and can't get them detangled without combing it wet or 20 minutes.

I think our water here is quite hard, because I can see some white tracks if I give some water on a plate and let it dry out. I did not have problems until now, so I don't care.

twilight
February 19th, 2009, 12:30 PM
i usually wash in the shower but i do rinse henna in a bath (and then shower). and sometimes i wash hair in the bath, but i don't really feel very clean after that most times.

i have super-awful hard, fluoridated, chlorinated, florida city water, also. blah!

Yedda
February 19th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I wash my hair in the bathtub, while taking a bath. I also take showers sometimes but more often baths because I don't seem to get enough water flow out of the shower as I like.

Sometimes if I have it in me, I 'll take a bath and wash my hair and then for my final rinse after the conditioner, I'll get up and rinse my hair with the shower head with cold water-to close or open the pores or whatever they say happens when you rinse with cold water.:confused:

My hair feels completely clean after getting out of the bath. I like for it to feel completely clean, without oil, since my hair is thin and looks oily very easily in the first place.

I have soft water.

Naava
February 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I wash my hair in shower (here where I live bath tubs are not even that common anymore).

I have slightly hard water.

Carolyn
February 19th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I sit in the bathtub and use a hand held shower thingie as I don't have a real shower in my bathroom. I don't CHOOSE this. It's just the way it is at my house. When my hair was shorter, I would often wash it in the kitchen sink but that meant getting the dirty dishes out of there and that was a pain. I love taking showers when I'm staying in motels or with friends. My water quality is quite hard. We have Culligan which gives me soft water for about 10 of 14 days. Water hardness and quality has nothing to do with my chosen/forced method of washing.

AJoifulNoise
February 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I wash my hair in the shower the same way I always have.

We have hard-ish water. Don't know how hard it is specifically how hard it is.

annie09
February 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
in the bath i lie back and rinse it the lazy way my hair feels as clean that way as if i had showered it

lailmil
February 19th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I hope to use the correct word: I wash my hair into the washbasin we use to wash clothes, because I don't have to stay on my knees and because it's out of my home (it's in a sort of dependance), so noone can disturb me

Samara Morgan
February 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I usually wash my hair in the shower just because I find it more convenient that trying to wash it in the bath lol :rolleyes: I can never get the shampoo completely washed out if I do it in the bath :nono:

I'm not sure what our water quality is like over here, I've not really thought about it before, to be honest.

RedStripe
February 19th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Shower -- just seems like the easiest way to go.

Fencai
February 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
im a shower girl,
1) because I only have a standing shower and no tub in my apartment
2) I have horrible memories of my mother washing my hair in the sink when I was a kid, and constantly banging/knocking my head into the edge of the sink because she was being too rough.

Finoriel
February 19th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Standing under the shower, always preferred to shower. It´s just more practical and time saving to shower and wash my hair in one go. Also creates less tangles and is more comfortable than leaning over to wash it, wet hair can become pretty heavy.
There would be no way I could wash my hair in the sink without creating a big dread which would need endless detangling afterwards. Not to speak of spooling half of it down the drain while washing in a sink. Nice eeh :D still prefer the shower.
I don´t even have a bath tub, ok :p to be honest there is one existing in my house, but it´s in the cellar and not very snugly.

The water here is very soft, not chlorinated. After washing it my hair is clean, but not overcleaned :wink: if that makes sense and I oil the length as necessary between wash days. Washing every 10-14 days with an egg-honey-ascorbic acid-mixture and an acidic rinse afterwards. Hair is healthy so far, no dryness or split issues.

rockkcor
February 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I just love bathtubs!

Great for circulation, but I have to admit my hair is not so long that it would make me troubles in the bathtub…
Matter about how clean it is – well it depends more on how often do you wash it… Not that much on the method you are using…

Copasetic
February 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I wash my hair in the shower, because I only ever take showers. It feels very clean, but I prefer hair with some oil in it. My hair is best when I don't wash it for a day or two.

I'm not sure if my water is hard or soft. My hunch is that it is hard.

neon-dream
February 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I wash my hair in the shower, then rinse it quickly again in the shower to make sure it's completely rinsed :).
The water in my area isn't hard water, so that's good.
And, my hair is soft :)

teela1978
February 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I don't really have a bathtub these days so it's washed in the shower. Honestly I love taking baths though. I love letting my hair loose and washing it that way. I've never noticed it being less clean from a bathtub wash versus shower.

viking_quest
February 19th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I wash my hair in the shower but if I wasn't so lazy I'd wash it in the sink. My water is hard but I have no clue how hard it is but my hair is happy with it.

JamieLeigh
February 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Shower for me too! I can't lean over for long periods of time, thanks to back problems (5 kids...yeah.) so flipping my hair over my head to wash is out of the question. I haven't had any problems (that I can see) that could be solved by changing my washing location or technique, and I feel that my hair is very adequately clean when I step out of the shower. :)

No clue on what kind of water I have. I would assume that it's not hard, though, because I clean my tub on a regular basis, and never have horrid mineral deposits or stains to remove.

cowgirllong
February 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I wash when I am in the bath, but I will also lean backwards into the tub, to use the shower hose. I think it gets my hair cleaner when I use the shower hose, because of the water beating down. We have kind of hard water here. I 've never had trouble with my hair, but I knew a woman who had to get some kind of special shampoo or conditioner to use because of the iron in their well water. And she only lived a few miles from us.

Jeni
February 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I wash in the shower. I have a bathtub but I've never actually taken a bath in it, I'm tall (for a girl, 5'10") and my tiny bathtub just isn't big enough to be comfortable (I like to spread out!). When i lived in CT I had a large soaking tub but never could figure out how to wash my hair without making a huge mess/not getting it clean/not tangling my hair. I will occasionally wash it int he since, but only as a last resort, somehow flipping my head over and washing creates crazy tangles.

I'm not sure what kind of water I have. We had to be a crazy expensive ($3,000-$4,000 I think) filter because of all the minerals in the water (artesian well, or however its spelled) though. I don't think our water is hard or soft anymore, I think its kind of in the middle. According to my stepfather we have no fluoride or anything in our water.

Oh and I like my hair clean, I'm a daily washer.

NiAosSi
February 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
In the shower!

Gladtobemom
February 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Usually in the shower,

Sometimes in the bath.

DragonLady
February 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I have to wash my hair in the sink, as our shower doesn't work and the tub just makes tangles and really doesn't leave it clean.

At first, I hated using the sink. I had stand funny, flip my hair over, rinse for what seemed like forever, then detangle again because my hair would go wild when I stood back up.

But now, I love it. I can use anything I want to in the bathtub, because I wear a shower cap there and don't get anything on my hair. So tons of bubbles and oily stuff and whatever appeals to me at the moment. I can adjust the water temperature for my hair, without freezin' my bunnies off. :) I don't get a huge snarl of hair in the drain that needs to be hauled back out -a big plus, believe me, and finally, I'm in the kitchen where most of the cooking-type ingredients are, anyway. If I decide to try some olive oil or seperate an egg, I don't have to climb out of the shower, drip through the house, find my ingredient then wander back...all is near-to-hand.

I hope to fix the shower (although we've been saying that for awhile, and the repair is so expensive that other priorities always seem to rear their heads), but I think I'll continue washing in the sink. It's just become so much more convenient.

Calanthe
February 19th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I use the shower head with my hair hanging in front of my face. I finger-comb it that way before I start as I get no or very few tangles this way. We live in a soft water area.

I don't like washing my hair in the bath, most of the time I use bath oils or salts or whatever and I don't want to have this on my hair. As a fine-hair this would weigh my hair down too much and I would look icky.

Caxikian
February 20th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I wash my hair in the bathtub, while taking a bath. I also take showers sometimes but more often baths because I don't seem to get enough water flow out of the shower as I like.

Sometimes if I have it in me, I 'll take a bath and wash my hair and then for my final rinse after the conditioner, I'll get up and rinse my hair with the shower head with cold water-to close or open the pores or whatever they say happens when you rinse with cold water.:confused:

I wash my hair the same way but lately I've been washing it in the shower more then sitting in the bath washing my hair. I do the "I'll get up & rinse my hair with the shower head with cold water-to close or open the pores or whatever they say happens when you rinse with cold water." too! :p

SimplyLonghair
February 20th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I wash in the sink because the bath won't work well for me and right now I don't have a shower. I also have been known to run out in a huge downpour and wash my hair then and there! I use the sink also because I use filtered water on my hair, and I don't have a house filter yet. So the kitchen it is. As Dragonlady said more convenient for using food in the hair:D I have soft water here, but they like way too much chlorine and so, filtered it is.... I have grown used to it now though!:cool:

BlackfootHair
February 20th, 2009, 06:44 AM
I wash mine in the shower pretty much every day and when I color my hair I wash it in the sink. :)

Johanna64
February 20th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I wash my hair in the shower,but when I do my SMT I wash it in the sink :)

dearladydisdain
February 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I wash my hair in the shower. I like it to feel clean. :)

Amoretti
February 20th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I stand by the bathtub and lean over with my hair upside down. I wet it with my handy shower head and then wash it. Easy peasy!

In the poll options it seems as though the option "in the bath" is for washing your hair while IN the bath. You could correct that or add the option of being out of the tub. :flower:

Forever_Sophie
February 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Always in the shower b/c I always have :) I love my hair truly clean, I wash it length and all w/ shampoo, and yep, hard water. I've been meaning to use this chelating (sp) shampoo, haven't yet gotten around to it.

Katla
February 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I wash my hair in the shower :) I don't have a bathtub. Our water is hard, probably bordering on very hard, but my hair doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I'm not sure if it's because I only wash it once a week, or because my hair doesn't mind hard water in general.

Charli800
February 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I wash my hair in the shower cos I hate rinsing shampoo out into the bathwater. Not a very good reason I guess, but it's a habit now. I think we have hard water, but my hair doesn't seem to mind.

Feline
February 20th, 2009, 04:50 PM
In the shower. We have rather hard, chlorinated water. If I am being ambitious, I will final rinse with a pitcher of Brit-filtered water, but frankly I haven't noticed any great benefit to it :( .

HairColoredHair
February 20th, 2009, 04:52 PM
If I take a bath I shower immediately after.

It doesn't feel right.

NebraskaChick84
February 20th, 2009, 05:21 PM
if I don't have a choice and it is really bad I will wash it in the bath, however I usually shower the next day to wash it again.

recently instead of washing it in the bath I CO and that at least makes it so I can brush it when it dries!

SweetPea88
February 20th, 2009, 05:34 PM
In the shower most of the time. I can't seem to avoid tangles if I do it any other way. We have soft water as well.

happymommy
February 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Everyday, in the shower because that's where my water filter is! When I rinse henna, however, it's over the side of the tub.

Velvettt
February 21st, 2009, 01:40 AM
Hard water and I use the shower. I would prefer the bathtub and I used to wash it that way all the time, but in the house we have now, the tub is too darn small. I'm only 5'4", but the tub is still too shallow and too short to be able to rinse my hair properly.

EvaSimone
February 21st, 2009, 01:46 AM
I have hardish water and fine, slightly damaged hair.

I mostly wash it in the shower because well I don't have a bathtub :p

When I am at my parents I will take a bath sometimes. I have a routine:
1. Wash my hair while the water is clean.
2. apply conditioner and pile hair on top of my head
3. use soap on the rest of me.
4. Drain the water out of the tub and stick my head under the faucet and rinse it with the water.

It always seems very clean. I wouldn't stick my head into the soapy water because I would be afraid of soap scum build up coming on my hair.

rags
February 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM
I usually wash in the shower ( I didn't realize it was multiple choice until after, or I would have voted for the sink too). I almost never wash my hair in the bath because even though I'm not terribly tall, I'm too tall to comfortably take a bath in our shallow tub.

Adrienne
February 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Do my Co-Washing Nightly in the Shower

Lady Verity
February 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM
In the shower. It's almost physically impossible for me to do it in the bath, being tall. Goodness only knows how I would have survived before showers! Handy faerietale waterfalls, perhaps?

Fairlight63
February 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
I wash mine over the side of the tub right now because it is winter here & it is cold in our bathroom. When I put shampoo & conditioner on my hair I time it for 3 min. with an egg timer & it is just easier to do over the side of the tub than in the shower. When it gets warmer out I may move my routine into the shower.
I put a plastic pail over the drain so my hair won't go down the drain & let the water from the faucet run over my hair & rinse it.

Nevermore
February 24th, 2009, 12:40 AM
In the shower. I've washed my hair in the sink before, but it makes a huge mess and my hair is far too long to do it comfortably. It also makes me colder than doing it in the shower.

Ryanne
February 24th, 2009, 09:27 AM
In the shower. Sometimes in the sink, but that mostly ends in a large amount of tangles and pain.

Monsterkitti
February 24th, 2009, 09:56 AM
In the shower generally, used to use the bath before we got a shower but it feels cleaner now :)

Rohele
February 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I mostly wash it in the shower, in the evening, but I occasionally will wash it in the bath (usually if I've got a good book to read - with two kids, the bath is really the only quiet place I've got to read in the evening). I have not noticed a difference on how clean my hair feels. We have very hard water here, so I know that helps give a "squeaky clean" feeling, whether in the shower or tub.

Gumball
February 24th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I'm definitely a shower person. I love taking showers so when the random days occur where I want to wash it then that's a prime location!

eresh
February 24th, 2009, 01:32 PM
In the shower, and sometimes upside down, bent over the bathtub

Isa-belle
February 24th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Shower. Takes less water.
Also, I don't even have a bath anymore in this new flat ;)
I have London (= very hard) water.

-Lisa-
February 27th, 2009, 06:18 AM
I wash my hair under the shower or headfirst over our whirlpool.

Sissy
February 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I wash my hair in the shower.

HotRag
March 1st, 2009, 02:32 AM
I wash my hair in the bath, but not when I take a bath.
I stand on my knees and let the lengths hang down over my head.

I have always done like this.
I never wash or wet hair when bathing or taking a shower (just a few times in the 80's when I had shoulder length).

Silverlox
March 1st, 2009, 03:12 AM
I stand by the bathtub and lean over with my hair upside down. I wet it with my handy shower head and then wash it. Easy peasy!

I wash my hair in the bath, but not when I take a bath.
I stand on my knees and let the lengths hang down over my head.
I never wash or wet hair when bathing or taking a shower.

Me too! :D

I always wash my hair separately and upside-down, mainly because it feels a lot easier to know and control what I'm doing when it's all hanging in front of me, instead of hanging down my back where I can neither see, nor reach it.

When I have access to a tub, I'll happily use it, but at home, where I have no bath tub, I wash it upside down over the bathroom sink, using the handy shower head. The shower is just next to the sink and the shower head easily reaches in over the it.

In order to avoid my hair running down the drain, I put all my (plastic!) combs at the bottom of the sink first. That way they act like a sieve and stop the hair from getting into the drain and at the same time, all my combs get washed as well. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I do the final cold rinse too, which is not so bad, when it's only my head getting the cold shock. I just can't imagine doing such a horrible thing to any other part of my body!! :scared:

The water here is very, very hard, but not chlorinated.

PurpleRays
March 14th, 2009, 09:38 PM
i wash my hair in the shower as I find it hard to do so in the sink.

mrs carol
March 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I always wash my hair in the shower. I seems to get really clean that way. I don't like my hair to look or feel oily. The water here seems pretty good, I don't have problems with my hair because of it.

CaityBear
March 14th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Meh, I don't really ever take baths anymore...I just never find the time to relax in the tub because when I have a bath it means at least half an hour of relaxing. lol

So I shower and whenever I shower I wash my hair. And our water is kind of hardish but I don't have many problems so I don't mind much.

spf4214
March 15th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I wash in the shower, mainly for convenience. We have quite hard water and it is very mineral rich, so I am considering washing in the sink using water from my rain water tank.

Ndnlady
March 15th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I voted shower, we have a chlorine filter on our shower head so I wouldn't wash in the sink. But I have had to wash in the sink before and it wasn't a pleasant experience for me, my back was killing me by the time I was done!

CrystalStar
March 15th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I nearly always use the shower, but a bath if I've done a Cassia treatment :)

willowcandra
March 15th, 2009, 02:30 AM
I voted shower. My hair gets really tangled if I wash it in the bath.

Milui Elenath
March 15th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I voted bath even though I use the shower too. I love washing it in the bath, I can get to my scalp without fighting hair and give it a really good scalp massage. Ironically my hair always feels cleaner and better rinsed after a bath. I feel shampoo and conditioner are still trapped in my hair in the shower that might be purely all in my head. (Sorry for pun)

Debra83
March 15th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I either wash my hair over the side of the tub with the shower nozzle, OR I sit in the warm tub and use the shower nozzle for the hair part (I learned that trick from here!). I'm a wimp, I like the warmth of the bath. This way, I get the best of BOTH worlds!!! :)

rusika1
March 15th, 2009, 09:43 AM
In the shower, with hard water. The hard water is why I've always rinsed with strong cold black tea or with apple cider vinegar.

Phalaenopsis
March 15th, 2009, 09:45 AM
In the shower, at home with soft water and at my dorm with hard water. My hair shines more when washed at home.

rusika1
March 15th, 2009, 09:45 AM
In the shower, with hard water. The hard water is why I've always rinsed with strong cold black tea or with apple cider vinegar.

I've washed in the tub before, I find I get too many tangles that way.

Honestwitness
March 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I take a shower every day and wash my hair almost every single day. Maybe, as it gets longer, I'll wash less often, but I plan to wash in the shower, when I do wash it.

I like to do stretching exercises in the shower, too, and it's impossible to bend over and touch my toes, while keeping the water from running into my shower cap. So, it's a choice of either getting my hair wet every day or stretching every day. It can't be both.

I have to stretch the backs of my thighs and calves every single day to keep from having a relapse of plantar fasciitis in my foot. Oooooo, that stuff hurts!

Honestwitness

Speckla
March 16th, 2009, 04:21 PM
In the bathtub. I never take showers.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS (http://weedvaporizers.info/)

AmandaPanda
March 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Shower. I've used the sink when my hair was shorter (hurts my neck and I'd bump my head on the faucet. ouch). I have tried leaning over in the shower to wash, but this hurts my neck and my hair gets tangled easily this way (when I flip it back after it's used to hanging over my head)

Anje
March 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
In the shower, standing upright.

We've got seriously hard water around here, so we soften it.

punkgirl89
March 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I wash my hair in the bath simply because I do not have a shower head in the place I'm renting right now. I do prefer to use the shower, though because it feels more clean, except if I'm washing out henna or indigo.

Fayejay
March 16th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I use the shower hand held "thing" and wash my hair that way. I do like my hair to be "clean" on wash day.

LadyLongLocks
March 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Always in the shower.

I have a shower filter now and it filters out chlorine and water tank sediments. Makes the hair softer and skin smoother.
It's just a 20.00 one with replaceable filters.

Garnetgem
January 27th, 2016, 02:49 AM
Always in the shower its so much better as i can finish off with a jet stream this stimulates the scalp...

Millermom1110
January 27th, 2016, 08:13 AM
In the shower. We have good water quality...not particularly soft or hard.

languagenut
January 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
In the shower, since I'm there and all and have water spraying my head...

I want my hair as clean as I can get it. The water is hard (it's from a well), but doesn't seem to adversely affect my hair.

lillielil
January 27th, 2016, 03:30 PM
In the shower. Very rarely in the sink if I have to get my hair clean but don't have time to get the rest of my body wet. If I take a bath, I take a shower after since I do not feel clean after a bath.

My hair has been through the wringer lately with water quality - neutral/slightly hard to ultra-softened to very hard to just plain softened. It is unhappy hair.

llamacat
January 27th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I always wash my hair in the shower because it will give me the least amount of knots and tangles

parkmikii
January 28th, 2016, 02:27 AM
I wash it in the bathtub once a week :)

lapushka
January 28th, 2016, 06:15 AM
In my bathroom sink. I have a tiny handheld shower that is attached to the tap - very handy.

Islandgrrl
January 28th, 2016, 06:47 AM
In the shower, with the handheld shower-head thing with my head upside down.

Longhairgrowing
January 28th, 2016, 07:19 AM
It depends on the product I use. In the bath (with hand held shower head) when I use shampoo, and in the shower when I use rhassoul clay (too messy in the bath :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 28th, 2016, 12:00 PM
In the shower, always. I have always washed it that way. We have very poor water pressure. I would love to have a hand held shower attachment, but we don't. I am planning to have one in our next bathroom - and a BIG shower with plenty of room.

Our water here is hard, from a well but with no chemicals or fluoride and I always do a vinegar rinse. I guess my hair is as good as it can be under the circumstances.

Cg
February 22nd, 2016, 11:17 AM
In the sink. Soft water.
1) Massage
2) Twist hair and move most of the length out of the way
3) Run very warm tap water through the scalp for several minutes
4) Turn hot water off and rinse all hair with just cold
5) Shiver

Phanaferous
February 22nd, 2016, 05:38 PM
Shower, because that's where I wash the rest of me.

There is one place where we vacation often, and they are on a cistern on a hill. The water pressure is bad. I fill up the bathroom sink to shampoo there. Sometimes I'll pre-wet my hair in the pool if I plan to wash that evening.

lithostoic
February 22nd, 2016, 10:29 PM
Shower. I don't take baths and I don't understand how one can wash their hair in something only hip high.

Alarice
February 22nd, 2016, 11:40 PM
I wash mine in the shower; I don't really like baths because it feels like I'm marinating in my own dirt, you know? ech. (Although to be honest, even a bath of that sort is a luxury many people would be willing to have...)
--Water: My area has super hard water, but our house has a water softener, so that helps quite a bit; I still notice mineral build-up on some objects, though, so it obviously isn't perfect.
--Condition: I would say my hair is in good condition, although it could be better. Every once in a while I change something in my routine in order to help keep it in good shape. :)
--Do I want my hair to feel "truly clean"? Yes, I do. I don't really mind a touch of oil near the ends, since that keeps them from feeling dried out, but I like at least the area on my head to feel very clean.
--Other reasons for using my chosen hair-washing place: I use a homemade egg wash on my hair, so I prefer a shower since it's much easier to remove that stuff with a shower :p

TatsuOni
February 23rd, 2016, 01:42 AM
In the shower. It doesn't feel as if it would get clean in the bath + it would tangle.

We have soft water at home. I sometimes borrow my fathers sauna and shower. He has hard water. When I lived at home my hair loved the hard water there and when moving it got super dry and tangled from the soft water (maybe because of the chlorine and what ever other **** they put in it). Now it's the opposite. It doesn't like the hard water but the softer in my own shower:p

My hair is in good condition.

Platzhalter
February 25th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Either in the shower or bending over the edge of the bath tub.

Cassyopeia
February 25th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I've always used the shower, even when we had a bathtub. If I used the bathtub I washed my body first, shampoo hair and put in a conditioner or deep treatment and put my hair up before taking the bath. And then I showered and rinsed after. It's just something about bathwater that seems dirty to me. The water here is relativly soft I think.

Shelley48
February 27th, 2016, 07:14 AM
I always wash my hair in the shower.

But yesterday I decided to try something different. After washing and getting out of the shower, I rinsed the ends with cold water in the sink, because I don't like doing that part in the shower.

I think that's going to be my new routine. :)

mira-chan
February 27th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Basin set in tub on a stool. I clean over and wash it. Gets the best water coverage that way and was stuff off with a hand held shower head. If I'm in a hurry I'm done in 5 minutes.

Groovy Granny
February 27th, 2016, 09:22 PM
In the shower; it is too long to do anything else, and easiest to detangle there.

jtl45
February 28th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I wash mine typically every other day. My girlfriend usually shampoos it for me in large deep kitchen sink. Works great!

Bubble_Curl
March 9th, 2016, 01:07 PM
I love baths but, for washing and getting clean, I prefer showers. Something about the running water makes me feel cleansed while sitting and soaking helps me just feel calm and relaxed... which is nice, just not always practical ;-) It would be convenient if I could wash my hair in the sink but it's too long to get it fully clean in the sink for me :-)

sablebraids
March 11th, 2016, 10:15 AM
In the shower, preferably with the handheld water attachment.

Wusel
March 13th, 2016, 01:38 AM
I bend over the shower base. I like shampooing and massaging my hair with my head down. Like the Inversion Method.

fiðrildi
March 13th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I wash the hair in the shower, while I shower. The water is pure and comes directly from the mountain. Hot water comes from the bubbling ground (volcanic area), so it has a lot of sulphur in it. But I usually clarify with coldish water :wink:

BrookeDavis
March 13th, 2016, 11:36 AM
I do both shower and bathtub. Usually I bend over a bathtub and wash my hair like that ( using a shower head ), but it's killing my back ( I have a lot of hair and it takes some time ) but every now and then I just wash it in the shower.
Two years ago I got a shower filter and it made such a difference! My hair is softer, my skin is not as dry, and my eyes do not itch. Where I live the water is hard with iron deposits ( stains my tub and sink red ) and the filter deals with that. Also, it neutralizes chlorine - which is DEADLY guys!!! :demon:
So, I highly recommend getting one!

dancingfrog
March 15th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I wash my hair in the shower for the sake of simpler rinsing. I only like baths when there is a giant tub ~ I am tall with long legs and regular bathtubs aren't comfortable at all.

MlleMC
March 16th, 2016, 07:16 AM
I wash my hair in the shower because it's the only way I can truly rinse the shampoo out of it. I used to wash it in the sink when time was tight, but now it's too long for this.

BlondeBeauty
March 27th, 2016, 10:50 AM
I wash my hair in the shower, I haven't washed my hair in the bathtub for what feels like years! I got too sick of the idea that my hair would be floating in my own dirt..ew..so I have more peace of mind when I wash my hair in the shower.

BlueSky
August 23rd, 2016, 04:15 AM
I wash my hair upside down in the bathtub. So do I get to all sites.

HairPlease
August 24th, 2016, 08:18 AM
I stand in the shower and wash my hair behind me with my head back. I try to avoid conditioner anywhere near my face. I have severe acne (for ~your~ sake, I blurred out my only face shot on here. You don't even want to see the polka dots under there :laugh:).

vampyyri
August 24th, 2016, 08:30 AM
In the shower on full-wash days, and in the sink on scalp-wash days.

Floh
August 27th, 2016, 08:18 AM
In the shower and upside down....

Johannah
August 29th, 2016, 11:10 AM
In the shower. It's too long to wash it somewhere else.

Sapeli
August 29th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I wash my hair in the shower. When I'm at our summer cottage, I wash it in sauna and/or lake. Hair is quite different after lake-handling. My waves almost disappear. Weird.

Pacific
October 7th, 2016, 01:25 PM
I wash my hair in the shower.

Margrit
September 23rd, 2018, 07:08 AM
In the shower.

MusicalSpoons
September 24th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Shower, because baths ick me out and I'd have to shower off afterwards to feel clean anyway :p
Sometimes in the sink, for washing just the scalp (keeping lengths dry) or for a pre- pre-poo rinse with miracle water.

Our water is very hard, I think last quarter it was 314ppm, or just under 18°dH. It is chloraminated, if that means anything to anyone. I do use an inline shower filter but I've only really noticed a difference on my skin; we've always had hard water and I don't think it's causing any discernible problems :shrug:

nycelle
September 24th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Shower.
I'm another one that takes showers after a bath. Baths are cleansing enough for me. Feel like I'm rinsing myself in dirty water..lol..

MusicalSpoons
September 24th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Shower.
I'm another one that takes showers after a bath. Baths are cleansing enough for me. Feel like I'm rinsing myself in dirty water..lol..

In my early teens I once noticed a thin layer of oil shimmering in the light on the top of a soothing, post-illness-week-in-bed bath and realised I was lying in my own filth :puke: put me off baths for life! Though I will make a very rare exception if I'm desperately achy and need a long, warm soak in some arnica, then I just accept the obligatory post-bath rinse as a necessity mandated by chronic illness.

Brittny
September 25th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Shower! I used to use the sink but I did not like how tangled my hair became from my hair being upside down.
My Indian friend has classic length and she uses a bucket to dip her hair!

Reservechic
September 25th, 2018, 08:48 PM
I wash my hair in the sink, as it is easiest for me that way plus, I don't care to gave the feeling of my hair care products running all down my body, and getting into extra sensitive areas on my body as well. I never grew up with my air being washed in the shower or tub. My mother would wash my hair right in the sink in the kitchen. However, after I took responsibility of doing my own hair, I have always done it at the sink in my bathroom and honestly have no interest in ever changing.

Shanazel
September 25th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Shower with my hair down my back. Our water is remarkably hard with many mineral deposits. I did field work for decades and while living out of a tent or small trailer for weeks on end learned to do a creditable hair wash in just a few cupfuls of water. I washed my hair every day for nearly fifty years due to an oil-plagued complexion but as I neared my sixtieth birthday, I discovered I could go a day or two between washings and still look presentable. It has been THE best thing about getting older.

GoatLady
December 26th, 2022, 09:28 AM
Always in the shower.

Joyful Mystery
December 26th, 2022, 01:00 PM
In the shower.

lapis_lazuli
March 18th, 2023, 09:57 AM
I usually do my scalp washes in the shower but can use the sink as well. It's handy if say I'm travelling and the shower doesn't have a tension rod for me to safely clip my braid onto, I could just as easily wash in the sink.

Fiorentina
March 31st, 2023, 01:50 PM
In the shower