PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Opinions on NOW brand oils

Sissy
February 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hi there,

Do you use any NOW brand oils? If so, what is your opinion on them? Which ones do you use and what benefits do they give your hair and/or skin? Does anyone use NOW oils to fragrance their homemade hair masks, etc?

I ask because I am getting ready to place my GNC vitamin order and have noticed GNC carries several oils with the brand name NOW. Now oils seems to come in a wide variety at a decent price. Some of the oils they are selling (and have free shipping on right now) are Ylang Ylang oil, Geranium oil, Cinammon Cassia Oil, Jasmine Oil, Citronella Oil, and Patchouli Oil. I admit I don't know what any of these oils could be used for but I wonder what the possiblities could be.

Are NOW oils high quality? The labels say they are 100% pure and natural. I don't own many EO so I really don't know much about them.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Sissy:o

carloota
February 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I've never used the NOW essential oils. I do have the NOW Apricot Kernel Oil, jojoba oil, and a handful of other items I can't recall at this time. The health food store where I shop does not carry NOW essential oils, but they do stock many NOW items. Hopefully someone who's tried this brand of essential oils can answer some of your questions. :)

ratgirldjh
February 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
i really like the NOW brand lavender essential oil. but i think aura cacia may be slightly better quality. the NOW brand patchouli essential oil smelled terrible when i first got it - but it has become better smelling with age - but i think that is true of most patchouli oils.

NOW does have very good prices on essential oils though. i will probably buy some more of their lavender oil because i can get about twice the amount of the aura cacia oil for the same price.

i love the aura cacia jojoba/sandalwood oil though - it is worth the price :)

GlassEyes
February 28th, 2009, 04:25 AM
NEver touched the essential oils.

However, I started off using NOW oils, and they work perfectly fine. xD They're just the same as any others would be of the same type, since, you know, they're unaltered OILS, and unless they've gone bad or they've been processed wrong or something, they're going to be the same as the others.

That said, make sure to check they aren't mixed or anything.

OH! And I used the coconut and jojoba.

Cinnamon Hair
February 28th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I have NOW brand jojoba oil and it seems fine though I have never tried any other brand of jojoba oil to comare it with. Found it at a health food store.