PDA

View Full Version : My first CO wash was a sucess!

LittleOrca
February 18th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Alright, thank you for the advice all! I went and did a CO wash to see how my hair would react to it, since I am trying to stretch washes and not having to use shampoo as often. I was still trying to find my routine, and still am working on it, but for now my rant is over. Here is the result, and I am super happy with it!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=32204

My hair looks shorter because of how I'm standing under my frumpy nightgown, but it looks great!

Sunshine69
February 18th, 2009, 11:25 PM
oooh! ahhhh! pretty. I'm glad you had success. Which conditioner did you use and which method?

LittleOrca
February 19th, 2009, 12:10 AM
oooh! ahhhh! pretty. I'm glad you had success. Which conditioner did you use and which method?

I used the Pantene Nature Fusion moisturizing conditioner. I know lots of people hate Pantene, but it seems to work nice in my hair. I simply wet my hair, put the conditioner in the length and let it sit for a little while before rising it out. This was an experimental wash, but it was a good result!

Heavenly Locks
February 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Oh yay! You're post is helping give me confidence to try a CO wash! I've been wanting to try but worrying that I will end up with greasy/heavy hair. Yours looks awesome. I love your waves...

RancheroTheBee
February 19th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Your hair looks absolutely lovely. Haha. You're going to have to start buying conditioner in tubs if you want to continue.

LittleOrca
February 19th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Your hair looks absolutely lovely. Haha. You're going to have to start buying conditioner in tubs if you want to continue.

lol, I do buy the largest size possible! I will have to buy 2-3 family size for every 1 shampoo bottle I get.

Aditi
February 19th, 2009, 12:44 AM
wow just look at you hair they are so shiny and pretty.

rosie91
February 19th, 2009, 02:14 AM
wow i never thought of how much conditioner people get through! your hair looks really shiny and moisturised :) lovely.

Chanteuse87
February 19th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Hey, Heavenly Locks I just wanted to let you know that you should definitely try CO! My scalp gets greasy in the course of 24 hours, so I was very hesitant to give it a try -- I find it cleanses my hair just as well as shampoo, in fact, while I don't see much of a difference, I know it's better than subjecting my scalp to sulfates all the time. Go for it!

I personally use Suave coconut, slather it on, massage/rub my scalp to lift the oils, leave it on the whole shower, and then rinse out, finish with a cold rinse.

scalawaggirl
February 19th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Seconding Chanteuse's advice for how to do it. I avoid cone conditioners, myself, for CO.

Have to say your hair looks so silky. Congratulations!!!

OhioLisa
February 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Your hair looks fab! I'm glad it worked well for you! Yay! :cheese: