PDA

View Full Version : Dandruff shampoo causes dandruff (WTH?!)

MAO
February 18th, 2009, 12:13 PM
What.The.Hell. Was I thinking??!!! I have been using CO for the past couple of weeks. My scalp was extremely happy and it actually looks like my hairline is getting thicker. Before that I was playing with soapnuts and amla. My dandruff had disappeared. I don't know what the hell got into me to use the Nizoral I still have lying around. I used it Sunday when it was time to wash. I used Aloe Vera gel afterwards which I wound up not liking the way it made my hair look. So I washed it again yesterday. With the Nizoral. I used a tiny bit of coconut oil this time to tame my hair. Hair looks okay. Now my scalp is super itchy and I get white flakes everytime I scratch. Arggggh! Actually I remember reading somewhere before that Nizoral kills the fungus which causes dandruff which in turn causes your hair to grow faster, ala Monistat. So dummy me decided to give shampoo another go. Now I know for CERTAIN to leave the damn shampoo alone. Done. FINI!

Anje
February 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Might the Nizoral also be drying? (Never used the stuff, myself.) It strikes me that your scalp could just get dried out, and the methods you were using were allowing it to stay moisturized.

rosie91
February 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM
maybe because it has so many harsh chemicals in it "supposed" to get rid of dandruff?

Spike
February 18th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Since switching to Dairy Whip and oiling, my dandruff has vanished and the excema behind my ears is gone! Before, I was using a variety of dandruff shampoos ('cos when I was getting near the bottom of the bottle, it would work less and less well) and couldn't keep the snow off my shoulders.

I thought I was alone, here, that dropping the anti-dandruff daily shampoo made all the difference.