PDA

View Full Version : Good ways to wear your hair under a hat?

Naava
February 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I'm so tired with the whole winter thing. I't cold an my hair looks awful all the time :( Everytime I leave my home, I need to wear a hat of some sort and I'm out of ideas about what do do with my hair...

What kind of a do would be good? It would need to fit underneath the hat and look good even after I take the hat of...

EvaSimone
February 18th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I use a buff or an underscarf made of jersey material. I tie my hair up in a bun on the top of my head and then slip the hat over.

It keeps the hat from rubbing on my hair and damaging it. It's pretty hard to avoid your hair getting a bit squished but mine is usually okay after a bit of fluffing.

LittleOrca
February 18th, 2009, 12:45 AM
If I don't leave my hair free under a hat, then I usually braid it. Of course, that also depends on what kind of hat I'm wearing.

arabidbutterfly
February 18th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Maybe a Gibson tuck?

Rhea
February 18th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I wear my hair in a deep bun or a braid falled over my shoulder .

GypsyGoddess
February 18th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I'm currently growing out a pixie, so I'm not much help! I wear a hat when it sticks up in all different directions and I need to go outside.

That said, pre-pixie when I had BSL hair, I would usually put it in a low ponytail or two pigtails just underneath where the hat ends. The material your hat is made of might also make a difference. I used to have a suede newsboy and it didn't cause too much frizz or damage.

may1em
February 18th, 2009, 09:31 AM
They sell hats designed for ponytails to come out of, and if you knit or crochet, you can make one yourself. I have a hat I made that covers everything except a low bun. I made it baseball style, with a hole in the back and a strap that comes around under the bun and buttons on the other side.

Normal hats always mess up my hair. I have one that I like to wear over two braids, but I pretty much have to keep the hat on all day.

Molster
February 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I have a hat which is a sheepskin ring, so I can wear it with pretty much any 'do. Keeps my ears and head warm, and a bun just pokes out of the top.

MadPirateBippy
February 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Crown braids work well if it's a knit hat with some stretch, otherwise really low buns or just a plain braid (you can always fancy up a low-to-the-neck braid by making it a rope braid, herringbone, putting ribbon through it, etc).