PDA

View Full Version : New style- I think!

amaiaisabella
February 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Oh, oh, oh! *dances around* I was watching a hair video on YouTube, and found a rather cute little style. Since my hair is still rather short, I have found it difficult to do styles that don't fall out immediately or look pitiful. This one is simple:

1) Pull your hair into a low (or higher, if your hair is longer than say, APL) ponytail, and secure firmly. Instead of pulling your hair all the way through the loop as per a regular ponytail, pull only halfway through, leaving a small bump/bun and ends dangling.

2) Separate your hair as if doing a Topsy Tail, and push the bump/bun up and down into the space created, leaving the ends dangling at the top as in a Peacock Twist.

3) Use two bobby pins, one on each side, to secure the sides, and leave the ends unsecured.

It's kind of a messier version of a Gibson Tuck, but very secure for shorter hair. :) Even if ya'll have heard of it before, I'm just excited to have another style I can do with my shorter hair!

The final verson:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z20/amaiai64/IMG_0024-1.jpg

lora410
February 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Amen for a pict because I had no clue what you were talking about until I saw it. Congrats on finding a new style for your hair :)

rosie91
February 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
my hair looks exactly like that when i try to do it in a bun! :P it looks really nice

spidermom
February 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
That style looks so cute! Thanks for sharing.

LaurelSpring
February 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM
That looks really cute on you! I love finding a cute style that I can do. Its so exciting.

It can get frustrating looking at all of the great styles that you need really long hair to do and not be able to do any of them.

I have had several progressive dos that I have transitioned through as my hair gets longer. I am just now able to get some good buns like the fig 8 and equilabrium to stay put.

paper
February 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Thats really cute on you amaiaisabella!

Dez
February 17th, 2009, 06:00 PM
yaaay! on finding something new your hair can do. It's very frustrating to have the same style over and over, and so much fun to get a new style. I'm waiting for my hair to grow more too!